Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 903: Breakers Edge Water Coaster & Whitecap Racer details
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby BigBad » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:12 pm

In context, I should have known that it was a water slide coaster, but my mind went to something like Divertical.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:40 pm

BigBad wrote:In context, I should have known that it was a water slide coaster, but my mind went to something like Divertical.

I thought the same thing!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:07 am

I use the term "uphill water slide" so I don't get confused.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:02 am

Yeah, I have the same deal. BuzzSaw Falls was advertised as a water coaster, so that's what I think of when I hear the term.
Last edited by ytterbiumanalyst on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:50 am.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:14 am

When I say watercoaster I mean like what SFFT got.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC / SWO/BGT

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:16 am

boldikus wrote:When I say watercoaster I mean like what SFFT got.

I just rode the one at SFFT last week. I did not think it was going to be fun but actually really neat. A lot better then the classic water coasters like Schlitterbahn has.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Mike240SX » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:04 pm

Quick Hersheypark TR

So I went to Hershey on 7/15 for only $25 after group rates and subsidy by my union at work. Truth be told, I was the one who put it all together, and holy crap was it a pain in the A$$. So much more respect for Robb Alvey and Co. putting together all of the TPR trips in the past. Total of 48 people in attendance, even though we didn't all get together at any point, I spent most of the day as one of 8 "people who didn't bring kids to the park." On to the reviews...

(In no particular order)
Skyrush - OMFG incredible. That's all there is to say. New tie for top 1 steel coaster. Rode in both the front and the back rows; have to say the front was a little better.

Comet - Great classic woodie, love that they still run it with just buzz bars and skid breaks and no check of how tight ones seatbelt is. Very very smooth for the back row.

Fahrenheit - Rode front row, got on and off in 15 minutes as my last ride of the night (most people didn't seem to know/care the park was open until 11). Quality ride but nothing especially noteworthy.

Great Bear - Back row. Incredibly smooth given it's age (Almost 20 years!), a throwback to when B&M made forceful coasters.

Lightning Racer - Good enough.

Wildcat - Good enough.

Super Dooper Looper - Good enough, great classic Schwarzkopf.

Storm Runner - Good enough.

Coal Cracker (Log Flume) - Good enough. Like the little jump at the bottom of the main drop, and skimmed across the water the rest of way leading to minimal wetness.

Sidewinder - Skipped.

Trailblazer - Skipped.

Waterpark - Okay, WTF is going on here? I get it that it was a beautiful summer Saturday, but hour+ waits for the only tube slide in the park, the lazy river, and even the wave pool are absolutely ridiculous. To even have a queue line for the wave pool...ugh. Spent two and a half hours there and all I got were two laps on the lazy river (thankfully didn't have to get off). Hopefully whatever expansion they're putting in next year is BIG.

Parking Situation - So before arrival, I had emailed all of the attendees with a place to meet in the parking lot. I picked somewhere suitably not-at-the-front so that I would be sure it would be available in the morning. When I get there at around 9:00 AM, I try to go to this spot, only to be quickly acosted by a security guard about not being able to park there. I try to explain the situation and ask why, but all I get are non-answers, so I move. Needless to say, the morning meet-up failed miserably. I have never been to a theme park where they don't let you park farther away than you can...just boggled my mind. And when I returned to the car mid-day, yep that area had been parked, so it's not like they were holding it for something.

Food - Lines for food at any of the major places were ridiculous for most of the day. I just don't get it...

Anyway, all around a great day...Skyrush totally made it worth it.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 132
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini, Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Postby alilstronger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 pm

^ Great review.

You questioned the long lines in the water park/food stands - every time I have been there on a Saturday in the summer its been like that. You gotta remember its a Saturday during the summer at one of the most popular amusement parks on the east coast.

I always wait until 3-4 pm to eat lunch then grab dinner on the way home - this helps with the long lines. The Chick Fil A lines were terrible when I was there but of course I waited because its one of the few places I can get unsweet tea in the park.

Their water park is nothing special. I still have a bad taste in my mouth because they got rid of one the best water rapid rides I ever ridden to put the water park in.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:49 pm

I only had one ride on Canyon River Rapids but remember it having a little of everything- good rapids, unavoidable waterfalls, and geysers. I was bummed that it was a casualty for the water park but from what I've seen, it looks like the Boardwalk is a bigger draw.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:32 am

New clue.

hershey.jpg

"This makes # 14"

Water coaster confirmed?
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC / SWO/BGT

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!