TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Totally agree with you Zach. It's nice they called you back but IMO that's the responsible thing a company should do whether they get a compliment or a complaint, so they don't get any applause from me there. However, a little something to sweeten your trip would be nice. Free parking maybe? Or a 5lb Hershey Kiss? I get that it's not required and shouldn't be expected, but it costs them nothing to do that and helps smooth things over. Your complaint is extremely valid so it's not some dumb frivolous issue. I mean even a crappy local restaurant will automatically comp a dessert if they screw up your meal.

The Hershey Lodge totally screwed over my parents a few weeks ago when they were staying there regarding rooms and they gave them a massive gift basket of candy and some wine for free. My parents didn't ask for it and they are not the type to make a big stink about things, they calmly stated their disappointment at the cluster-F and asked someone to call them when it was sorted out so they could return to the hotel and unpack their bags. It was a very nice gesture for their screw-up. Hershey usually does a great job with their customer service so they're messing up big time with this Fast Track Unlimited BS. Anyway sorry they blew it, I'm sure you'll still have a great time though and I look forward to your TR!

I think your complaint is valid. It wasn't something that leaked or something they were thinking about doing. They said it would be available, and you planned to visit them because of that. The Fast Track Unlimited was the thing that closed the sale. Now is the time to save the sale, and a good business will do what they have to do to save the sale. A phone call means they're not ignoring you, but it's not a resolution.

Thats really weird that they would offer that and then take it away.

I think Hershey is a really nice park with some fantastic rides, but am always disappointed by how terrible the ride operations are. On Storm Runner I have never seen a second train run. Even when the queue is well over an hour.

If they improved that once aspect of the park I think I would visit much more often.

I'm debating on sending an email. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, right?

Definitely! I would send them an email stating exactly what happened and how disappointed you are since you're traveling from a long distance specifically for HP, it's impossible to reschedule and it will be a long time until you could visit again, and you just felt like your issue was totally glossed over without much recognition.

I often will say something to close the letter along the lines of "Even if there is nothing to be done about the situation, I wanted to bring it to your attention that I experienced XYZ due to ABC and there are probably other visitors who will be negatively affected as well." Then I always close out those sorts of letters with "Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to hearing from you!" Feel free to use any or all of it, or toss it all out the window haha. Keep us posted!

Thats really weird that they would offer that and then take it away.

I think Hershey is a really nice park with some fantastic rides, but am always disappointed by how terrible the ride operations are. On Storm Runner I have never seen a second train run. Even when the queue is well over an hour.

If they improved that once aspect of the park I think I would visit much more often.

I agree that operations are often terrible, however SR actually does run 2 trains most of the time. There have been occasions that there was only one running and I believe there was a safety concern last year that caused them to only run one for a chunk of the summer season.

The park has never offered unlimited fast track as an option. I have been following the program since its started. I have personally spoken with staff at the park that work with this program and its something that many customers have requested but they do not feel the need to open it up to that yet. Are their operations medicore sometimes? Yes, they are. However, if you play your cards right you can ride everything in the park in one day if you plan to stay from opening to close. Luckily, this is a park you can skip the water park since they only have a handful of decent water slides. With the addition of the new rides this year it will make it a much better water park.

As a side note good customer service is not offering you something for free. People always think if they complain they will get something free and that is sad. There are people out there who purposely complain to get things free. I work for a 4 star hotel and people complain all the time. Its annoying, especially when they demand things for free. They called you, that is huge of them to do. That right there is pretty good customer service.

The park has never offered unlimited fast track as an option. I have been following the program since its started. I have personally spoken with staff at the park that work with this program and its something that many customers have requested but they do not feel the need to open it up to that yet. Are their operations medicore sometimes? Yes, they are. However, if you play your cards right you can ride everything in the park in one day if you plan to stay from opening to close. Plus, you can go to the park the night before after 5 pm for free when you show your ticket for the next day. I did that this summer and rode almost every coaster since they were open until 10 pm. Then the next day we took our time riding all of the flats, walking the zoo, shows, and re-riding the coasters I like the most.

Luckily, this is a park you can skip the water park since they only have a handful of decent water slides. With the addition of the new rides this year it will make it a much better water park.

As a side note good customer service is not offering you something for free. People always think if they complain they will get something free and that is sad. There are people out there who purposely complain to get things free. I work for a 4 star hotel and people complain all the time. Its annoying, especially when they demand things for free. They called you, that is huge of them to do. That right there is pretty good customer service.

The park has never offered unlimited fast track as an option.

Except they literally did. Prior to the start of the season. They put it up on the website, made it available for sale, then two months later unceremoniously removed it from sale and are now trying to pretend like it was never a thing. I don't know if anyone actually purchased them in advance during the time they were up, but if you read this thread from that post forward, you can see how Zach had actually rescheduled his trip around the assumption that if they had offered that for sale prior to the start of the season, they would still be doing so when he came to visit.

Thanks for your invaluable life lesson. Read my posts before commenting. I'm not asking for anything for 'free' just to take advantage of a business. Sometimes you actually kind of expect any form of small compensation when being pretty significantly inconvenienced to the point where I re planned my trip around the fast queue system existing. I'm not a customer complaining for no reason to get something for free. I actually arranged my vacation at work based on being informed by the park that a product would be available. Calling me on the phone doesn't seem like such a huge deal in comparison, especially considering that I'm locked in at this point.

I'm not the guy on Facebook saying he's going to sue Cedar Point because one ride, Steel Vengeance, isn't offered on Fastlane, anymore. Regardless of your perception that "The Business is Always Right," there are times where a little more than saying "sorry" can help completely change how you feel about a bad experience. As a very down to earth consumer, do you have any idea how far something as small as a couple free milk shakes would have gone to drastically change the taste in my mouth after this situation? Sometimes actions speak louder than words, no matter how small. Unless you consider pressing ten numbers on a phone and apologizing while you check your snapchat actions.

The park has never offered unlimited fast track as an option. I have been following the program since its started. I have personally spoken with staff at the park that work with this program and its something that many customers have requested but they do not feel the need to open it up to that yet. Are their operations medicore sometimes? Yes, they are. However, if you play your cards right you can ride everything in the park in one day if you plan to stay from opening to close. Luckily, this is a park you can skip the water park since they only have a handful of decent water slides. With the addition of the new rides this year it will make it a much better water park.

To be clear earlier this year the Park advertised an unlimited fast pass for $110 and then didn’t provide an opportunity for purchase, but they did adversity “limited quality” something that come very close to making a formal offer.

Something that I haven’t seen discussed is that Hershey regularly will make changes to its products without clarity, for example last year its season pass prices went from 145 to 153 to 175 and then introduced a jr/sr pass after withdrawing the other offers. Another was when they withdrew the pay the kids price only to bring it back after the opening weekend.

My prediction is that an all day fast track will be available July 1 the same day 2019 season pass renewal takes place.

Dose anyone know if the auto renewal is the official listed price or is it discounted?

On a side note: There is ambiguous law that that when advertising is made you need to make the advertised product available.

There was one case were a retailer advertised 20 hats marked down from $120 to $20 but the hats had all been presoild. The first person in line the morning of the sale suggsfully sued for

The park has never offered unlimited fast track as an option.

Except they literally did. Prior to the start of the season. They put it up on the website, made it available for sale, then two months later unceremoniously removed it from sale and are now trying to pretend like it was never a thing. I don't know if anyone actually purchased them in advance during the time they were up, but if you read this thread from that post forward, you can see how Zach had actually rescheduled his trip around the assumption that if they had offered that for sale prior to the start of the season, they would still be doing so when he came to visit.

I agree with you, but they never did actually sell it in there shopping cart.

I looked every day it ty to buy it.

Yes It was in fact advertised.

do you have any idea how far something as small as a couple free milk shakes would have gone to drastically change the taste in my mouth?

Well played sir.

Also, I totally agree with you. No one expects companies to get everything right every time. But it really helps when they right their wrongs.

Thanks for your invaluable life lesson. Read my posts before commenting. I'm not asking for anything for 'free' just to take advantage of a business. Sometimes you actually kind of expect any form of small compensation when being pretty significantly inconvenienced to the point where I re planned my trip around the fast queue system existing. I'm not a customer complaining for no reason to get something for free. I actually arranged my vacation at work based on being informed by the park that a product would be available. Calling me on the phone doesn't seem like such a huge deal in comparison, especially considering that I'm locked in at this point.

I'm not the guy on Facebook saying he's going to sue Cedar Point because one ride, Steel Vengeance, isn't offered on Fastlane, anymore. Regardless of your perception that "The Business is Always Right," there are times where a little more than saying "sorry" can help completely change how you feel about a bad experience. As a very down to earth consumer, do you have any idea how far something as small as a couple free milk shakes would have gone to drastically change the taste in my mouth after this situation? Sometimes actions speak louder than words, no matter how small. Unless you consider pressing ten numbers on a phone and apologizing while you check your snapchat actions.

I see your point, I apologize I ruffled feathers. I was not going to go back and read every post from pages and pages ago - that is my own fault.

^I hope you're right about it being sold in July. When I talked to HP both online and in person their catch phrase was that it wasn't being offered 'right now.'

That “right now” part sounds like what an apple employee says the day before they announce a new iPhone.

Edited by freejaffa

Welp, this rainy weather is getting old! I’m scheduled to go to the park this Friday but 90% precip with 1” of accumulation? A family event is this weekend in Hershey so a bunch of us are driving up or flying in from out of state and planned to hit up some coasters Friday before the weekend festivities. Maybe the forecast will change and it’ll still work out to go. One can hope. Do an anti-rain dance please, everyone!!

Welp, this rainy weather is getting old! I’m scheduled to go to the park this Friday but 90% precip with 1” of accumulation? A family event is this weekend in Hershey so a bunch of us are driving up or flying in from out of state and planned to hit up some coasters Friday before the weekend festivities. Maybe the forecast will change and it’ll still work out to go. One can hope. Do an anti-rain dance please, everyone!!

I wouldn’t get to worried.

The weather channel online is saying periods of rain with only a half inch of rain. That’s not ideal but last week wait times on the app were pretty bad (super duper looper had a 45 minute wait), probably school groups and food truck Friday causing it.

So rain may help out a bit and keep the lines down, but I’m going to be going that day to so it may just be me finding a silver lining.

If you see a grumpy rain soacked guy in raceing hoody or Ceader point t shirt it’s me trying to make the best of a rainy weekend.

I wouldn’t get to worried. So rain may help out a bit and keep the lines down, but I’m going to be going that day to so it may just be me finding a silver lining. If you see a grumpy rain soacked guy in raceing hoody or Ceader point t shirt it’s me trying to make the best of a rainy weekend.

Looks like the forecast has changed then in our favor! I've had more rainy days at HP than non-rainy ones which is great for lines. If I see you I'll say hi!

How is this park in Apr/May? I've read some reviews on tripadvisor of people saying they went to the park early season, there was no rain, and multiple top tier rides were closed because of staffing shortages.

Is this common? Or at least with regards to Skyrush, Stormrunner, Farenheit, Lightning Racer and Great Bear?

I went to the park twice in April this year and once in May last year. All coasters were open except Trailblazer (breakdown, not because of staffing). Some non coaster rides and kiddie rides were closed but nothing major. Almost all coasters were running multiple trains as well.