TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Knoebels is a great park, in some aspects better than Hershey. When I went, I spent 1 1/2 days with the preview at Hershey, and 2 full days at Knoebels, and I think that's the way to do it right. You can do everything at Knoebels in a single day, but you're going to run around in a very un-Knoebels-like manner to try to get it all in. If all you have is 2 days, then you should do as AJ suggested. But try for a minimum of 3, 1 full day at Knoebels, then 2nd day starting at Knoebels then going to Hershey for preview, then the 3rd all day at Hershey. That will be a much better experience than trying to rush through Knoebels to get to Hershey. Rushing is the antithesis of a day at Knoebels.

I was planning on doing Hershey April 27 all day, then Knoebel's Saturday the 28th, arrive early, stay a few hours then drive back to Hershey for the rest of the day , since Hershey is open til 10pm that night. I would use Hershey's Fast track for Saturday to cut the lines if it's really busy. It looks like April 28 will be opening day for Knoebel's too.

That might be tough to only do a half day on Knoebels opening day. Traditionally, Knoebels runs a buy-one-get-one promotion on ride-all-day plans during opening weekend (that's on top of "discounted' pre-season rates). That's good news for your wallet but bad news for crowds, which will be heavier as a result.

I plan on going to Hershey during the summer and I was wondering....is Skyrush accommodating for larger guest. For an example, if my cousin could not fit on nitro or mako, would he be able to ride Skyrush?

Depends on how he carries the weight I suppose. However, the B&M clamshell restraints are supposed to be some of the most forgiving in the industry. If your cousin couldn't make it on those two rides, he might not make it on Skyrush either.

Why is Knoebel's awful opening day?

Knoebels is never "awful", but it's probably the busiest weekend of the year in terms of ride lines and the handstamp line can easily exceed an hour. If it's your only opportunity to go to Knoebels then you should go, but otherwise I would suggest choosing a different weekend.

I noticed Hersheypark website removed the option to purchase the unlimited skip the line pass???

84EoO3m.png

God, I hope that they didn't shit can the idea. I will be greatly disappointed. We rescheduled our trip for the busy season in anticipation that the passes would be available while getting the most out of the mid summer atmosphere and operations.

I'm also hoping it's just temporarily off the site for reasons, and will come back online shortly--it is a bit of a scare to see it gone. It is weird though that they are selling the limited ones now but not the unlimited ones.

105651340_ScreenShot2018-03-27at9_30_52AM.thumb.png.610a66810e032b7b3080d17fb6d917e7.png

It looks like for right now, they're just selling ones for the three weekends of their Springtime schedule. They aren't selling any at all, either limited or unlimited, for the summer schedule at the current moment. I wouldn't be surprised if the unlimited ones reappear once the spring dates have concluded.

Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge's single rider line is now a Fast Track line.

That's interesting considering the park said the Fast Track Unlimited wasn't going to be offered. Did you see any other Fast Track Signs or entrances around the park that may be new? I'm still curious if they're going to offer this upgrade for the summer. I'm still hoping there's a chance.

Hello Zachary,

Thank you for your email. I am sorry, we no longer sell that package. Please visit our website at the link below for our offerings for Springtime in the Park. I hope this helps.

Edited by prozach626

Oh that sucks. They announced it then scrapped it almost immediately? Wow, not cool.

Fully agreed if that's the case.

But this^ could also be true, that it was just an awkward way of saying it's not available right now, or they're finalizing some details. When I Googled it there were media references to the unlimited from the last month or two.

I may being going Sunday, been debating a season pass for years but have always been on the fence cause it's just far enough to be a pain to do in one day. Might just get the season pass so it makes me go more. I haven't been since 2014 and really want to ride Skyrush again.