TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

(the sports themed American food place . . in a dining room themed to an Ice Hockey Rink. . was very good burgers).

^ Seconded. Damn fine burgers, and waffle fries were a nice touch too. But it is a decent ways away from the park, so it's more of a better end-of-the-night option IMO rather than duck-out-for-a-few-minutes.

I had a decent taco salad at Gourmet Grill, on Kissing Tower Hill. The food was nothing special, but it is indoors which is a huge selling point.

Just stay away from the pizza place across from Skyrush. Even by crappy chain pizza standards, it was terrible.

I stopped by the park for some therapy after a rough day at work today. The place was dead around 7 when I got there. I Walled onto Skyrush in the back right twice and then hit the Kisses and Reese's towers. Walked over to The Claw and snapped a few pictures of the new paint and a quick ride before heading out.

They are handing out laminated pieces of paper with row numbers on them for The Claw. I'd imagine this is to prevent the operators from allowing too many people to enter the ride.

Left the park after 50 minutes being there. Needless to say the stress is gone!

IMG_1533.thumb.JPG.f847445e8abd51357d9d691783f73785.JPG

The Claw's new paint job.

IMG_1534.thumb.JPG.ed777e7b1034cd831d3b9290e2d661ab.JPG

Another view.

I LOVE Hersheypark. They are one of the few parks in the region that has awesome food. LOVE the place next to Trailblazer.

Anyway... my only complaint is their line skipper option is terrible. Just one ride on most of the coasters. I have spoken with them about paying an upgrade to get multiple rides and its just not an option. I am someone who does not mind paying extra for a line skipper and I usually do it when I visit a park on the weekends. I just do not have the luxury of going during the week days with having limited vacation time every year.

^ I have the same issue since I work all week and usually can only get to parks on weekends, and a few select weekdays every year. I avoid Hershey during the summer because of their crappy fast pass program. However, I've learned if you go in the fall during Hershey Park In The Dark, specifically Sundays or Fridays, pretty much everything is open and crowds tend to be minimal.

Hershey is my favorite park, besides maybe BGW (they are neck-and-neck imo) but I'll only visit during the fall because of their sh*tty skip-the-line system.

^ in the same boat!! I was only there a few weeks ago because the BF got free tickets from his job.

Cedar Fair has the best line skipper option hands down. Unlimited rides without any specific times. Just Buy and ride - that simple.

They install a 300ft+ version of this somewhere in those 38 acres and I will officially be moving to Hershey, PA.

#keeptheintaminhersheyconnectionalive

I believe Derry Township has height restrictions. Skyrush is the tallest we'll see unless the first drop tunnels down to make a bigger drop.

I'm a first timer visiting the park this Friday, and I'm debating on whether or not to invest in the $75 Fast Track Pass. I of course want to ride each coaster at least once, but I'd also like some time to enjoy the park itself. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, do any of the coasters have a single-rider line?

Don't waste your 75 bucks. Download the app. It's fairly accurate with wait times and you can set alerts to let you know when ride times get down to what you want to wait. Hit Fahrenheit or Laff Trakk first as they get the longest lines then go all the way back to LR and work your way forward. Skyrush dies down in the late afternoon so no worries on missing that one. I'm not positive but I don't think there are any remaining single rider lines. Fahrenheit had one but that's the Fast Lane line now.

I'm a first timer visiting the park this Friday, and I'm debating on whether or not to invest in the $75 Fast Track Pass. I of course want to ride each coaster at least once, but I'd also like some time to enjoy the park itself. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I agree with amy_mel and strongly echo her sentiment about going to Laff Trakk first followed by Farenheit. Laff Trakk gets absurdly long lines that never die down. You'll probably still have an obnoxious wait time if you go there at rope drop since you'll be behind the Sweet Start people but it's worth a shot.

The inside theming was cool, but the amount of braking on that one killed all of the spinning. I preferred the one I rode a few days later at Waldameer much more. And I had a car to myself at Hershey which should have caused the car to be off-balanced and spin pretty wildly.

Thanks for the recommendations — I'm actually not a fan of spinning, so I'll be okay if I miss that one. I'd rather go straight to Fahrenheit.

Laff Track doesn't spin all that much. Its much more tame then a Pandemonium in my opinion.

Don't forget that your ticket allows you early entry the night before. I hear that is a great time to get in some of the lower capacity coasters, which is exactly my plan when I visit in a few weeks.

The preview hours are a great time to get the Hollow coasters in (Skyrush, SDL, and Comet). Also Great Bear as well. Last time I went on a Friday evening we had no problems hitting everything at the front of the park.

The inside theming was cool, but the amount of braking on that one killed all of the spinning. I preferred the one I rode a few days later at Waldameer much more. And I had a car to myself at Hershey which should have caused the car to be off-balanced and spin pretty wildly.

I had the exact opposite experience. Each time I've ridden Steel Dragon I get minimal spinning, I rode Laff Trak (two of us in the front, no-one in the back). Must have just been we hit the perfect weight distribution and car for that moment.

Has anyone noticed Skyrush running a bit slower than usual this year? Did they slow the cable lift over the top even more than in the past? It still has that second big pop of airtime, but it didn't feel quite as insane as it has in previous years.

Even so, I rode ten times. Hershey's always a fun day, and Skyrush is a big part why. The cross-under and final air hill are still as crazy as ever, too.

Has anyone noticed Skyrush running a bit slower than usual this year? Did they slow the cable lift over the top even more than in the past? It still has that second big pop of airtime, but it didn't feel quite as insane as it has in previous years.

Even so, I rode ten times. Hershey's always a fun day, and Skyrush is a big part why. The cross-under and final air hill are still as crazy as ever, too.

Skyrush does seem to slow down at the top more than it did last year. That being said, the ride is still amazing.