SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 608: Craft Beer Festival & Jack Hanna Weekend report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby DaMarkSta » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:04 pm

I just heard this as well and in my opinion I want no part of it, I'd honestly rather have Merlin purchase Sea World Parks. I think both Busch Gardens parks would become big shells of themselves under Six Flags, would be very disappointed if this happens.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:21 pm

DaMarkSta wrote:I just heard this as well and in my opinion I want no part of it, I'd honestly rather have Merlin purchase Sea World Parks. I think both Busch Gardens parks would become big shells of themselves under Six Flags, would be very disappointed if this happens.

Maybe....
Perhaps they would just leave them as is. I don't think they would change the SeaWorld brand much. The name is known worldwide not only for the name, but for the conservation work as well. Now Bush gardens on the other hand, may be a different story.
To be honest, I'm not thrilled about how Merlin manages the parks(weather policys..ect).
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby coasterbill » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:30 pm

Hey look it’s this rumor again...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wsixflags » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:15 pm

DaMarkSta wrote:I just heard this as well and in my opinion I want no part of it, I'd honestly rather have Merlin purchase Sea World Parks. I think both Busch Gardens parks would become big shells of themselves under Six Flags, would be very disappointed if this happens.

trust me, merlin is worse than six flags

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:21 pm

coasterbill wrote:Hey look it’s this rumor again...

Seriously. SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment is growing. I really don't think that they have any reason to seek out someone to buy / bail them out of a jam. I also think that unless Six Flags just acts as a non-intrusive parent, the logistics of such a change to licensing agreements, season passes, staffing, creative talent, and about a million other things would be completely nuts.

Add me to the "I don't think that this is a good idea if by some tiny chance it turns out to be true" camp.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:32 pm

The companies are very different now - both of them - and if there's a takeover/merger I honestly aren't all that worried about Six Flags being able to handle it without changing SEAS' stuff too drastically. The creative head at SeaWorld Entertainment got bounced awhile back, they're building more or less "conventional" attractions with theming and getting back to free beer. That's what people want of them. The last half decade has seen abandoned attractions and store fronts galore from SeaWorld. Hard to argue that Six Flags would make that significantly worse IMO given how they've approached things post-bankruptcy.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby AndrewRnR » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Buying SEAS? No way. Not feasible. Licensing/partnership/management deals since Zhonghong is in quite a bit of hot water right now... not far fetched.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:31 pm

I'd like to believe that the leadership of this company (especially knowing that their current leader is interim CEO) would not make a move as stupid in the long run as allowing Six Flags to buy the SeaWorld parks... Despite the last few years not being high points in the company's history, they have still maintained a level of quality in their theming and animal care efforts that Six Flags simply can't replicate in their own parks. Their culture isn't overly compatible with the Central Florida market either... Guests traveling to Orlando expect more for their money that just roller coasters and flat rides. The only place that has found success with such a model is Fun Spot, and they have done so by being the budget option for guests not looking to spend Disney/Universal prices.

Six Flags would strip away the identity of the SeaWorld parks and who knows how they would handle an animal operation of this scale. I know that they've dabbled with animal exhibits in a few of their parks (mostly Discovery Kingdom), but the SeaWorld parks are animal parks first, and thrill parks second, whereas Six Flags offers the reverse in the parks that have both animals and rides.

The troubles these parks have endured over the years continue to be a constant reminder of how much I miss the Busch family's influence... I wish they'd swoop in and buy up the parks as independent operators.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:57 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:I'd like to believe that the leadership of this company (especially knowing that their current leader is interim CEO) would not make a move as stupid in the long run as allowing Six Flags to buy the SeaWorld parks... Despite the last few years not being high points in the company's history, they have still maintained a level of quality in their theming and animal care efforts that Six Flags simply can't replicate in their own parks. Their culture isn't overly compatible with the Central Florida market either... Guests traveling to Orlando expect more for their money that just roller coasters and flat rides. The only place that has found success with such a model is Fun Spot, and they have done so by being the budget option for guests not looking to spend Disney/Universal prices.

Six Flags would strip away the identity of the SeaWorld parks and who knows how they would handle an animal operation of this scale. I know that they've dabbled with animal exhibits in a few of their parks (mostly Discovery Kingdom), but the SeaWorld parks are animal parks first, and thrill parks second, whereas Six Flags offers the reverse in the parks that have both animals and rides.

The troubles these parks have endured over the years continue to be a constant reminder of how much I miss the Busch family's influence... I wish they'd swoop in and buy up the parks as independent operators.

I was saying if somehow the AB takeover by InBev and Blackfish somehow ultimately leads to me looking at a Super Loop at BGW called "Wonder Woman Lasso of Truth" or "Harley Quinn's Spinsanity" after all these years of that place being this wonderful European themed park that is beloved by all of VA I wouldn't be sure what to think.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:58 pm

A.J. wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Hey look it’s this rumor again...

Seriously. SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment is growing. I really don't think that they have any reason to seek out someone to buy / bail them out of a jam. I also think that unless Six Flags just acts as a non-intrusive parent, the logistics of such a change to licensing agreements, season passes, staffing, creative talent, and about a million other things would be completely nuts.

Add me to the "I don't think that this is a good idea if by some tiny chance it turns out to be true" camp.

Agreed. I feel like this rumor is unlikely because of SeaWorld's positive quarterly results, but the mere thought of Busch Gardens and SeaWorld being flagged sends shivers down my spine. :|
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!