SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 604 - Infinity Falls Ride Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Cyrbuzz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:06 pm

Sounds good!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:12 pm

hoppedup wrote:I just looked into getting passes for my daughter and I since we may make a trip to Florida later this year. And maybe Texas next year. I understand why buying a pass in Florida is more expensive as there are more parks and opportunities to visit them. BGW surprised me a little, though. Maybe we should just do Texas first.

Cost for a platinum pass:

SWO, BGT - $359.88
BGW - $347.88
SWSD - $239.88
SWSA - $132.92

I think prices you quoted for SWSD and SWSA may only be for residents of those states. This restriction might not show up until you proceed to checkout. If I'm wrong, then buy it and do Texas first.

I had a 2-year SWSA pass that I let expire about 8 years ago (about $220 at the time) and when I looked into getting it again last year the low price was only available with a Texas ID. The non-resident price was much higher.
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:17 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:18 pm

I went to the site after seeing that price for San Antonio and it was offered to me. It's on sale 30% off the normal price of $189.
Screenshot_20181010-222004_Chrome.jpg

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby coneyislandchris » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:55 am

hoppedup wrote:I just looked into getting passes for my daughter and I since we may make a trip to Florida later this year. And maybe Texas next year. I understand why buying a pass in Florida is more expensive as there are more parks and opportunities to visit them. BGW surprised me a little, though. Maybe we should just do Texas first.

Cost for a platinum pass:

SWO, BGT - $359.88
BGW - $347.88
SWSD - $239.88
SWSA - $132.92

Sesame Place is on the same level as SWSD, $239.88 per platinum pass, but up until this past Monday they were running a promotion where they were discounted to $167.88. They aren't limited to Pennsylvania residents, but they do explicitly exclude residents of CA, FL, TX, & VA from purchasing. Since it's our closest possible park in the chain, and we have kids in the target age range for the whole Sesame branding, it was a no-brainer for us.
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby hoppedup » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:27 am

I just bought a Platinum Pass from SWSA for the reduced price. Looks like SWO, BGT, SWSA, SFFT, and SFOT are on the agenda in the next 365 days. I'm in NC, about 3h 45m from BGW. YMMV.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby MagnumVoyage » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 am

robbalvey wrote:
Rooey wrote:Well Kraken train was basically empty so that may explain it ? I mean I still love it maybe it was because of that.

Yeah, that absoultely does. For some reason I have noticed that ride to have some pretty jarring roughness when the train is empty to half-empty. It's much better if you get the train at least 3/4 to full.

I feel the same about Hydra at Dorney Park. Several years ago, I got to ride it multiple times while there and noticed as the train filled up, the ride felt less rough. I know most people hate the ride, but I ended up really liking it.

Back to Infinity Falls, it does look like a fast, fun ride! It reminds me of Popeye & Bluto raftride at IOA. We were surprised at how speedy that ride was!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:09 pm

hoppedup wrote:I just bought a Platinum Pass from SWSA for the reduced price. Looks like SWO, BGT, SWSA, SFFT, and SFOT are on the agenda in the next 365 days. I'm in NC, about 3h 45m from BGW. YMMV.

Well I'm glad the changed their policy, as it is a good way to spread money across the chain. Do you have to activate the pass in San Antonio and does it have to be done within a certain time frame?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:56 pm

larrygator wrote:
hoppedup wrote:I just bought a Platinum Pass from SWSA for the reduced price. Looks like SWO, BGT, SWSA, SFFT, and SFOT are on the agenda in the next 365 days. I'm in NC, about 3h 45m from BGW. YMMV.

Well I'm glad the changed their policy, as it is a good way to spread money across the chain. Do you have to activate the pass in San Antonio and does it have to be done within a certain time frame?

It has to be redeemed at SW San Antonio before it can be used at the other parks. The pass expires one year from date of purchase (so not date redeemed/activated).
swsaplpass.JPG
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:43 pm

Was at the park this morning. Manta's operations team was killing it. Two trains but they were sending the second one out even before the first reached the mid-course brake. Also, can re-confirm some shakiness coming from Kraken with a one-third filled train. Noticeable but not bad enough to affect enjoyment of the ride, in my opinion.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Cyrbuzz » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:06 am

Kraken is due for some fresh paint. There is a lot of rusty spots throughout the ride. Surprised they didn’t do so during its changeover to Kraken Unleashed.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!