TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Drayton Manor Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Drayton Manor, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

July 26th, 2005 - G-Force open

March 22nd, 2008 - Photos of the new Thomas Town

February 25th, 2010 - Happy Feet 4D movie coming to Drayton Manor

Mar. 22nd, 2010 - Plan to relieve Drayton Manor traffic in place soon

February 25th, 2011 - Update on new 2011 coaster

April 21st, 2011 - Ben 10 Alien Encounter opens

July 6th, 2013 - New 85-room Hotel Hamilton coming to Drayton Manor!

January 19th, 2014 - Drayton posts a teaser about a new thrill ride!

January 26, 2014 - Zamperla Air Race announced on Facebook

August 2nd, 2020 - The Looping Group buys Drayton Manor

March 16th, 2022 - Vikings-themed land announced!

May 12th, 2022 - Drayton Manor unveils family-oriented brand identity

Original Post:

G Force, the Maurer Sohne "X Car Coaster" was officially opened by G4 (trust the UK to get the really big celebs to open a ride - they are a piss poor opera "boy band" who came second in X Factor Talent Show)

Looking at the test video here http://www.xtremecoasters.com/ the ride, to me, seems quite unimpressive. I'm sure the sensation of an inversion taken quite slow with just lap bars is intriguing, but it doesn't look like its packing that much of a punch.

I shall find out for myself with my forthcoming trip to Drayton in a few weeks.

Terrible name too.

PS: Could someone please add a "D" to opened in the title..sorry!

I shall indeed, i am quite intrigued by it to be honest, and i haven't been to Drayton Manor for an age.

On an unrelated note we are planning a trip to California for next year, so i may be asking some advice at some point!

You know truth be told I think that slow loops can be just as thrilling as fast ones because you get the actual sensation of being upside down instead of just a short look at the world inverted.

I think it would be really fun on that ride but I honestly don't know when I will ever get to Drayton Manor. Maybe just maybe Six Flags might bless Elitches with a new unique ride soon. Yeah right...

Drayton Manor installed some harder, Faster but louder wheels on the rolling stock Yesterday. Apparently it improves the ride a great deal. They also have another car on the way to the park which will certainly help with capacity.

EDIT. Also just found out that they have also speeded up the lifthill since the video.

Was driving home from work and had forgoten about this coaster opening and they were talking about it on radio about how good the restraints are for fat people cool but just watched the video and it sort of looks like it sucks gutted

I have to commend Maurer Shone, they are making these innovative coasters instead of doing the tried and true. I am not sure what an X-Car expierence is like but I do know I would take a new expeirence over an old one any day

Does Drayton Manor get that full or packed?

Cause for one .. looks like two would be a standard on the ride, plus they have the transfer track, but then again, Holiday World ran 1 train on Raven for 9 years ... but finally added another since crowds allowed it.

Does Drayton Manor get that full or packed?

Only in the summer about July/August time when the schools break up, other times it quite or dead, I always visit in October so it’s dead.

The other train is coming soon

Its been ordered but won't be in operation till next season , after reading from a other message board about it, something to do with attendance drop last year (Drop Wristbands & brought in tickets) and Drayton didn’t want to spend additional cost or something

Its been ordered but won't be in operation till next season , after reading from a other message board about it, something to do with attendance drop last year (Drop Wristbands & brought in tickets) and Drayton didn’t want to spend additional cost or something

I thought the park just changed to Pay One Price operation?

The park did have wristbands or tickets?

Checked the parks website just a moment ago & it mentions that G-force may not open today Anyone know this was'nt the case today ?

I thought the park just changed to Pay One Price operation?

The park did have wristbands or tickets?

That's correct I must have worded it wrong when I said tickets (which they used to do), I meant Pay One Price.

Going by a text I received on Sunday from a friend, he said it wasn’t very good and not worth a long wait. Shame