California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Pg.936 - Coverage of CGA's Haunt Media Event
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby eli » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:06 am

Gosh, looking at that parking lot brings back memories from working at Boomerang Bay... sigh, utterly horrible. Anywho, hopefully the ride won't suck.

Idiot.

Postby Jeezus Juice » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:23 am

Wow, looks like it'll be a plethora of aweful colors. Are you sure this isn't in Knott's parking lot!

:evil: :evil:
It's totally a coaster!

-Don "An ugly, ugly coaster" Garrison

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby lagg » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:55 am

The back crushing restraints have arrived!

Nice to hear PGA are getting a Disk-o these ride's are great fun, but the restraints can hurt a little.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:53 pm

Im still curious about this ride. I wonder if its gonna be standard because from looking at the site (zamperla's) its alot that can be done w/ the disko concept like the mega disko!
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Denny Crane!

Postby USCoaster » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:11 pm

Anybody have any idea where in the park this is going to go? I can't really think of any spots that would be long enough and wide enough for this ride. The only locations it might fit in are Tidal Wave/Greased Lightning (width is the major issue), somewhere along the old train berm along the front of the park, or the picnic area.

Blank Title

Postby Sean Menefee » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:24 pm

It's going to be over near Drop Zone and Grizzly. (The food place is gone, and they are reworking the exit to Grizz from what I've seen to make room for the Disk-O.)

The new ride is friggin huge to say the least.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:16 pm

Hopefully its this big!

"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:46 pm

Some more info about the Disko 'coaster': Reading a Bay Area Parent booklet at the hospital earlier, in their "Summer Survival Guide" they had an article on themepark safety and what's new in the bay area. They didn't give details on what the ride did (but we already know it's a disko) but it did say it had a "Survivor" theme and it was to have fire/water elements and effects as part of the theme for the ride. Also, they said the ride was like 4 stories. This sounds quite awesome if you ask me.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:13 pm

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:07 pm

So what would it take to make this ride into a roller coaster? Would it have to have a lift hill, be a complete circut, or not be powered by the car itself (the motor is up inside that box in the middle)? This really is right on the fence. Comparing to the poweder coaster the only difference is the fact that the Disk-o is not a complete circut. I think that this should be considered a coaster. Unless someone can give some real solid explanation as to why this dosen't count.

Really the only thing that makes it questionablr is the fact that the ride is powered by a motor that is attached to the car. Other than that, it qualifies.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!