California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Pg 1122 - CGA Haunt Media Event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: The California's Great America Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterBeagle » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:33 pm

Angry_Gumball wrote:^I may have seen her, but didn't know who she was. I did Flight Deck 3 sessions back to back around 11:00, and then a few single rides throughout the day, and ended around 6:30 with another triple ride.

I was working the loader side saying clear two. So you probably saw me considering I worked until closing.

Over obsessive disney disorder

Postby DarkStitch626 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Considering you told me you won't even ride a WindSeeker simply because you don't like spinning rides it won't make any difference if they do or not! :roll:

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:38 pm

CoasterBeagle wrote:
Angry_Gumball wrote:^I may have seen her, but didn't know who she was. I did Flight Deck 3 sessions back to back around 11:00, and then a few single rides throughout the day, and ended around 6:30 with another triple ride.

I was working the loader side saying clear two. So you probably saw me considering I worked until closing.

Yup, I heard you, as well as other ride attendants having fun :) The Flight Deck crew was very enthusiastic today, which is awesome I must say.

The only other TPR members I recall seeing today was Sunfire, who was in the control booth for Demon.
Last edited by Angry_Gumball on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:41 pm.

Postby CoasterBeagle » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:41 pm

DarkStitch626 wrote:Considering you told me you won't even ride a WindSeeker simply because you don't like spinning rides it won't make any difference if they do or not! :roll:

Considering what I posted was based off what you told me then yea I don't think it will be much of ride. I thought the point of a WindSeeker was for it to be high. If it can only go to the height of drop tower then just ride that.

Over obsessive disney disorder

Postby DarkStitch626 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Its going to have some G-forces also. Though funny you also won't ride a drop tower either. ;)

Postby CoasterBeagle » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Angry_Gumball wrote:
CoasterBeagle wrote:

Yup, I heard you, as well as other ride attendants having fun :) The Flight Deck crew was very enthusiastic today, which is awesome I must say.

The only other TPR members I recall seeing today was Sunfire, who was in the control booth for Demon.

Awww thank you, that means a lot to me

Full Fledged Great America Enthusiast!

Postby Sunfire » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Well opening day was pretty interesting as a supervisor. I got a few guest complaints about Invertigo being taken out, but nothing too major. And someone barfed at Demon, but I digress (I'm no longer grossed out by it like I used to when I was a new operator). I saw Angry_Gumball and his cousin (?) when I was working controls, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Also, Whitewater Falls is closed (there's an attraction closed sign up front), and Firefall's MIA with its gondola being worked on. Other than that, it was a cool opening day. I was definitely kept busy the whole day. I do hope attendance picks up though.

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Sunfire wrote:Well opening day was pretty interesting as a supervisor. I got a few guest complaints about Invertigo being taken out, but nothing too major. And someone barfed at Demon, but I digress (I'm no longer grossed out by it like I used to when I was a new operator). Also, Whitewater Falls is closed (there's an attraction closed sign up front), and Firefall with its missing gondola. Other than that, it was an okay opening day. I hope attendance picks up though.

Yea, I saw some yogurt or something all over one of the seats I was ready to sit in...glad I didn't! I heard a few comments about Invertigo when I walked by the site but also nothing major other than "Oh yea, they took out Invertigo, that was a great ride!"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:17 pm

The markers, for all we know, could just be for electrical or sewer lines, or maybe a new ride?

Hmm, does anybody know if a sewer line ran under Invertigo?

Maybe the circle is for the foundation of a giant super restroom, that would explain the sewer line..lol

Someone asked if a coaster could fit there? Well, there used to be one there, so there's your answer.

I would be ok with a Windseeker, kind of stupid as SFDK it getting one, but at least it would be a ride.... something!

If they really wanted to they could shoe horn a coaster in that area, or anywhere else for that matter.

Maybe the circle is where they are going to put a nice big decorative fountain.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Flagg O'Dim » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:39 pm

I had a good time today, and that had to be the least crowded opening day I've ever seen there. I'll post some thoughts and pictures tomorrow, I'm exhausted right now (I lost track of how many laps I walked around the park today!)

Angry_Gumball wrote:Was wearing my Haunt "Overlord" shirt. I was with my cousin who had a pink panther shirt.

You know, after reading this comment and seeing your pictures, I'm 99% sure I rode next to you guys on Tiki Twirl today. I thought the guy with the Haunt shirt looked familiar. Did you ride on the blue section?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!