California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:01 am

I didn’t get there until 9:30 on a 10:00 closing and used single rider, so I was out in 15 min. But they were quoting a 45 min wait with about 50 people in line.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:51 am

Jew wrote:I didn’t get there until 9:30 on a 10:00 closing and used single rider, so I was out in 15 min. But they were quoting a 45 min wait with about 50 people in line.

I didn't notice an official single rider line when I was there, they were just asking for single riders out of the standby line. Where were you doing Single Rider?
Favorite Steel: Green Lantern First Flight (SFMM) - I know, I'm crazy. I love the unpredictability of it.
Favorite Wood: Ghost Rider (KBF) - since the refurb it is amazing!
Most Wanted: Starry Sky Scraper, El Toro, I305, Batman (SFFT), Eejanaika, Dinoconda, Insane, Outlaw Run

Postby Jew » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:43 am

singemfrc wrote:
Jew wrote:I didn’t get there until 9:30 on a 10:00 closing and used single rider, so I was out in 15 min. But they were quoting a 45 min wait with about 50 people in line.

I didn't notice an official single rider line when I was there, they were just asking for single riders out of the standby line. Where were you doing Single Rider?

Fastlane line.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby WayCool64 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:54 pm

Jew wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

Fastlane line.

How does that exactly work though?
Love animation and video games? Check out my Dinosaur Planet fanseries project: http://dpfanseries.webs.com/

To serve with excellence

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:12 pm

Jew wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

Fastlane line.

Dann, I wish I knew that 4 days ago.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby Jew » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:08 am

I just asked if they had single rider and the guy at the front sent me through fastlane.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby cgaridesman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:47 pm

WayCool64 wrote:
Jew wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

Fastlane line.

How does that exactly work though?

In my experience, while single riders and Fast Lane holders share the same line, people with Fast Lane are given priority. I had Fast Lane and they were consistently seating me before the single riders ahead of me in line and also asking which row I wanted. It appears they just use the single riders to fill in the gaps... which is how a single rider line should work.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby edgeboy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Well, granted, I haven't heard any updates, but Knott's is NOT doing that for Hangtime... although they certainly could, which is the frustrating part.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:54 pm

I'm glad they make sure Fast Lane users have priority. I'm all in favor of single rider lines, but they do "devalue" line-skipping options when both save the same amount of time, if you think about it in those terms.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ABW » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:34 pm

H O L Y C R A P :omg: :airtime:

I just rode RailBlazer and I still haven't collected myself in response to it! It may be short, but goodness, it's like a mini Maverick or something. So forceful, so smooth, and so fun! You all need to come ride it.

(I know, I'm a little late to the game.) ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!