California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Pg 1110 - Railblazer for 2018 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby singemfrc » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:03 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:The most interesting one to me is Demon Reignited
New for 2017, DEMON: RE-IGNITED! returns the lights, fog, music and blood-red waterfall to the iconic Demon roller coaster.

I never rode it with these effects before, but this is great news for Haunt!

OMFG I'm there! Just the "welcome to the demon" coming back would be amazing, but I've never ridden it with the fog or blood fall either!
Cedar Fair really is doing everything right with this park, I'm really excited for the next 5-10 years here.
Favorite Steel: Green Lantern First Flight (SFMM) - I know, I'm crazy. I love the unpredictability of it.
Favorite Wood: Ghost Rider (KBF) - since the refurb it is amazing!
Most Wanted: Starry Sky Scraper, El Toro, I305, Batman (SFFT), Eejanaika, Dinoconda, Insane, Outlaw Run

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Manic Monte » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:46 am

singemfrc wrote:
New for 2017, DEMON: RE-IGNITED! returns the lights, fog, music and blood-red waterfall to the iconic Demon roller coaster.

OMFG I'm there! Just the "welcome to the demon" coming back would be amazing, but I've never ridden it with the fog or blood fall either!
Cedar Fair really is doing everything right with this park, I'm really excited for the next 5-10 years here.

Agreed. This park is on the way up!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:27 pm

This talk of Demon reminded me of the cheesy-A$$ Scooby-Doo sounding music that plays in the SFGAm Demon's queue. Does the CGA Demon have a similar soundtrack?
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby WayCool64 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:34 am

singemfrc wrote:

I'm in the same boat too! This is pretty interesting. I kinda hope they also do this during the day (I'm personally not much of a Haunt person). Also, with the area being retooled for Railblazer, it would be cool to bring back some of the rock work. I kinda doubt that would happen, but it would be interesting to see.
Love animation and video games? Check out my Dinosaur Planet fanseries project: http://dpfanseries.webs.com/

To serve with excellence

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:57 pm

I'm going to have to drive for my next trip to Knott's so I can stop at CGA on the way. I don't go to other parks very often as Knott's is my favorite. In fact the last time I went was after Gold Striker opened. But another new ride calls for another visit. See you in 2020 Railblazer.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:59 pm

WayCool64 wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

I'm in the same boat too! This is pretty interesting. I kinda hope they also do this during the day (I'm personally not much of a Haunt person). Also, with the area being retooled for Railblazer, it would be cool to bring back some of the rock work. I kinda doubt that would happen, but it would be interesting to see.

I've been wondering when they would bring the lights back in the tunnels. It's safe to say, if they install new lights they will be left on for regular operations, at least I hope they are. They can get really creative with LED's now a days. It's been kinda sad to see its Six Flags twin operating with them, and ours without. If I was someone high up at CF, I wouldn't want our version to be known as the lesser version.
Tigga, please!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Living_Dead » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:50 pm

With people bringing up Grizzly's RMC conversation as a possibility, I'm not too sure if I'm "for" converting Grizzly. Last time I rode it, it wasn't bad. Albeit a bit boring. However, the kids enjoyed it quite a lot. It's a good ride for the family. If RMC would convert it, I'd hope they'd keep that in mind and make something a bit "less extreme".

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Runawayreptar » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Does anyone know who "Clayton" is, and what he is responsible for at the park? I read the CGA blog, and it has quotes from him about the Demon, but it says that he belongs to Cedar Fair. Is he behind the new launches of the park? I saw that he planned the "Red White and Brews" event. Just curious about his role with the new Great America is.
https://www.cagreatamerica.com/blog/2017/08.30.17-its-the-most-haunted-time-of-the-year

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:03 am

Here's an FFA filing that shows a proposed 240 ft ride where the Peanuts Pirates Huss Breakdance ride currently sits.

Filing: https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=339845284&row=0

Map Location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/37%C2%B023'40.2%22N+121%C2%B058'16.1%22W/@37.3945,-121.9733277,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d37.3945!4d-121.971139?hl=en

Coaster or tower ride?? Wasn't the B&M Hyper (in the 20 year plan) proposed to be 240'?
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:10 am

^Looking around that area, I'd think a Starflyer would be a safer bet.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!