TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Is there going to be any access stairs along the lift hill? I have never seen a roller coaster without evacuation stairs, but none of the renderings or videos show them.

I was wondering this exact same thing.

It's Silicon Valley, we have jet packs.

I'm sure both the park and the manufacturer have a contingency plan in for lift-hill evacuations. There's no way they would've been granted permits without one. Not all coasters evacuate lift hills with staircases (ex: Eurofighters).

^I swear, April has a relevant quote for every situation!

As for the catwalks, there were also none on the final brake run (in the concept video) either, so I’m not sure how seriously we should take that video. With that being said, there also doesn’t appear to be any connections/braces to place catwalks (I mean, the track is already so incredibly thin). Who really knows.

Is there going to be any access stairs along the lift hill? I have never seen a roller coaster without evacuation stairs, but none of the renderings or videos show them.

I was speaking to the foreman of the ride whilst at the park on Friday and asked him about this. He said there will be a catwalk on the right side of the lifthill. It was omitted from the renderings for clarity.

Great America Needs Your Photos!

Do you have any older photos of Top Gun/Flight Deck? CGA is looking for users to submit their photos of the coaster through the years if you have them for the upcoming 25th Anniversary of the ride. Please post them here! Thank you!