Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 913 - Copperhead Strike Roller Coaster for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby Coasterguy21 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:57 am

Well...looks like I missed out on this pfun :cry:

Spinning, non-spinning, forking, whisking, stirring, fonduing...I don't care! I'm looking forward to this announcement!
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:58 am

Eh, fonduing's more work than it's worth. You need a couple of Swedes to help, and it just gets messy.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coasterguy21 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Well, Mack is German so I guess this won't be fonduing then.

Oh well, forking it is!
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:18 pm

I know what forking and spooning is. I cant figure our what sporking is :lmao:
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Afterburner » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:09 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:"Stir completely around" = more evidence for a spinning coaster?

"Stir completely around the pot" sounds an awful lot like loops that wrap around other stretches of track.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Moomin719 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:02 am

Stopped at Carowinds yesterday with hubby as we continue our 10 year 10 day 10 park trip. I have to say I'm. It sure if it's due to holiday world being so clean and friendly but felt as though the workers were less then enthusiastic. The park was clean enough but didn't feel as clean as holiday world. We really enjoyed Fury rode it 5x did the the other coasters at least once but Fury was our favorite. Defintally didnt enjoy the lunch but really enjoyed the rita custard wow was that what we needed to hit the spot on the hot day. Short lines for our visit that was nice. Hubby did not like that we couldn't wait for front or back on a few rides being they were slow he thought they should of allowed it. We did get upset as at one point a ride operator let three people come up from behind the line as she said they got "lost" but obviously were friends. All in all a nice fun day.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:11 am

Moomin719 wrote: Hubby did not like that we couldn't wait for front or back on a few rides being they were slow he thought they should of allowed it.

Did you ask? I have found at a lot of parks if you ask, nicely, for a row then they are usually accommodating.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:59 am

I think some people had already ferreted out this information, but Carowinds officially announced on Twitter that their "largest announcement in history" will be on August 30th. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they have in store for this new coaster, because if it's at all close to as good as I've heard Helix is, it'll really solidify Carowinds' place as a destination park in the South! (And this, coming from somebody who holds the park in rather lackluster regard - Fury excepted, of course!)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:33 am

I wonder if they're going to announce anything else besides the new coaster. I know "largest announcement in history" shouldn't be taken too literally, but with Fury's huge announcement to live up to, I can't help but wonder if there is something else (small, of course) in addition to the coaster. Kinda like how Canada's Wonderland announced Winterfest in addition to Yukon Striker, although this park already has Winterfest.

Can't wait!
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:37 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:I wonder if they're going to announce anything else besides the new coaster. I know "largest announcement in history" shouldn't be taken too literally, but with Fury's huge announcement to live up to, I can't help but wonder if there is something else (small, of course) in addition to the coaster. Kinda like how Canada's Wonderland announced Winterfest in addition to Yukon Striker, although this park already has Winterfest.

Can't wait!

Likely announce a new area,which is what Wonderland did.

https://www.canadaswonderland.com/blog/august-2018/canada%E2%80%99s-wonderland-to-officially-open-frontier-canada-in-2019

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!