Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 863 - New expanded kids area in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby TwistyTie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Just to clarify, I didn't say that Fury was rough, or that the rattle ruined the ride. It's still a good coaster. I was just surprised that it was the most rattly B&M in the park.
TTD is better than Maverick (at least in the front seat :lover: )
Click to see the coasters I've ridden:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:43 am

CPmillenia94 wrote:Something people have to understand about the whole B&M rattle situation; Every ride will be different, even on the same coaster within minutes of the last ride. Sometimes all it takes is another person sitting in your row to turn a completely rough rattly ride on a certain B&M into a glass smooth one. Weight (full train vs empty), weather, temperature, maintenance, all of these things affect the ride vastly and are constantly changing.

:nina: Well said!

anonymouscactus wrote:I can't put my thoughts into words about this topic so here is a picture of a baby. This thread really needs more babies ;)

:nina: :nina: :nina: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: Nina Kleppe actually LOVES this!

Almost all of my rides on Fury were in the back row... ZERO rattles! Of course, they were on the Left side mostly, so maybe that's it... ;) Honestly, I think CPmillenia94 hit it on the head, because I have heard a rattle on other B&M's here and there sporadically, but it's certainly not the epidemic one might think from some enthusiasts! :lol:
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:11 am

anonymouscactus wrote:Image

LMAO, that's hilarious to me, since...
A) My two-year-old daughter is currently wearing her bright orange "Just Wait Til I'm Taller!" shirt for Fury 325
B) She just got a new set of maracas as a present from her grandparents and is annoying the crap out of all of us with them

IMG_8645.JPG.jpeg

For what it's worth, when I rode it on opening day 16 times, I didn't feel any "rattle" any of the times. One of the smoothest coasters I've ever been on in my life.
That coaster dad [264] and that coaster kiddo [152].
Dad's faves: Fury 325 / Intimidator 305 / El Toro / Phantom's Revenge / Skyrush.
Kiddo's faves: Lightning Rod / Goliath (SFGAm) / Wicked Cyclone / Millennium Force / Gale Force.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby defrocker » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:31 am

I purchased season passes for next year and received a free ticket for this year. Does anyone have any experience with how this process works? Will I still need to pay for parking?

Postby defrocker » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:27 pm

Bumping, in an attempt to get a quick answer regarding this question.^

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jh5292 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:24 pm

defrocker wrote:Bumping, in an attempt to get a quick answer regarding this question.^

Just went last weekend and my friend bought a new pass. You go to the season pass processing center and get you card. Just take it to the front gate and tell them you want to use your free ticket for today. They scan your card and you go in.

Postby defrocker » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:10 pm

Thanks! You were exactly right. Pretty easy system! Also, finally got my first ride on Electro Spin. I gotta say that's a pretty fun flat. Much better than I anticipated and less dizzying than what I feared it could be.

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby pryonisys » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:19 am

So I know Carowinds is only open until 5 this upcoming Saturday, but this would be the first and only chance I've had to make it there, and the only chance until who knows when (at least 2 years), how insanely busy does everyone think that the park will be this weekend? The main piece of advice that I've heard about the park is ride intimidator before Fury 325.
I know the park is open longer on Sunday but unfortunately that is not an option for me on this trip down south.

Postby defrocker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:05 pm

pryonisys wrote:how insanely busy does everyone think that the park will be this weekend?

If you are going to the park during the day you will have station-waits and walk-ons on nearly every ride in the park.

Nighthawk and Ricochet being the main exceptions.

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby pryonisys » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:52 pm

defrocker wrote:
pryonisys wrote:how insanely busy does everyone think that the park will be this weekend?

If you are going to the park during the day you will have station-waits and walk-ons on nearly every ride in the park.

Nighthawk and Ricochet being the main exceptions.

Thank you very much. Station waits are no problem at all. First non Dorney, Hershey, or Waldameer park in like 10 years (odd as that seems to me) I'm very much looking forward to it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!