American Dream Discussion Thread

P. 22: April 2019 opening is announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: American Dream Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:18 pm

larrygator wrote:
jedimaster1227 wrote:I'm excited to see what else they end up putting into the park! Nick Universe at the Mall of America has crammed in a lot and that has been over the course of many years... It'll be interesting to see what the developers do when designing a new park like this from scratch and how much space they'll leave for future additions.

I really don't know how much free space there will be as rent is going to be exorbitant. I hopefully, but not expecting it.

If you have a clever design team, space will never be an issue. What will make or break the potential for expansion is how much leeway they give themselves in regard to the behind-the-scenes stuff - good spots for future structural foundations, an electrical system that can handle much more than they will be using when the park opens, and the like.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:28 am

This looks great. The Takabisha clone looks awesome, but I have a feeling that Gerstlauer spinner will be the underdog here. What a crazy layout, especially for a spinning coaster!
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:54 pm

A.J. wrote:
larrygator wrote:
jedimaster1227 wrote:I'm excited to see what else they end up putting into the park! Nick Universe at the Mall of America has crammed in a lot and that has been over the course of many years... It'll be interesting to see what the developers do when designing a new park like this from scratch and how much space they'll leave for future additions.

I really don't know how much free space there will be as rent is going to be exorbitant. I hopefully, but not expecting it.

If you have a clever design team, space will never be an issue. What will make or break the potential for expansion is how much leeway they give themselves in regard to the behind-the-scenes stuff - good spots for future structural foundations, an electrical system that can handle much more than they will be using when the park opens, and the like.

I wouldn't disagree with you, but being in a enclosed area will make expansion much more difficult if the room for expansion is not already set aside. Leaving empty floor space in such a high rent mall will initially hurt margins and they need to take in money from the beginning.
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:55 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:09 pm

That's true, but as long as the behind-the-scenes work is sorted they could work in more tracked rides, like additional roller coasters or a flume ride. Plus, there are other flat rides that they could do. They could elevate loading areas above existing pathways, like Moreys' Flying Skooters or Tivoli Gardens' Star Flyer, so long as a ride only requires a single central foundation.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby larrygator » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:34 pm

A.J. wrote:That's true, but as long as the behind-the-scenes work is sorted they could work in more tracked rides, like additional roller coasters or a flume ride. Plus, there are other flat rides that they could do. They could elevate loading areas above existing pathways, like Moreys' Flying Skooters or Tivoli Gardens' Star Flyer, so long as a ride only requires a single central foundation.

I know, myself and many others were shocked when Nick Universe at MOA added Spongebob.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:27 pm

larrygator wrote:
A.J. wrote:That's true, but as long as the behind-the-scenes work is sorted they could work in more tracked rides, like additional roller coasters or a flume ride. Plus, there are other flat rides that they could do. They could elevate loading areas above existing pathways, like Moreys' Flying Skooters or Tivoli Gardens' Star Flyer, so long as a ride only requires a single central foundation.

I know, myself and many others were shocked when Nick Universe at MOA added Spongebob.

Even before, People were shocked when they added Fairly Odd Coaster
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:08 am

larrygator wrote:I know, myself and many others were shocked when Nick Universe at MOA added Spongebob.

My point exactly. The park was already fairly dense before Nick Universe took over and yet they were able to add a good deal including two coasters, a few new flat rides and the ropes course, all within the existing footprint of park's borders. I'm very curious to see if American Dream is being designed with such feasibility in mind... Growing demand (or waning demand) will justify expansion over the years, and since the park can't likely build out beyond their structural borders, they'll have to be able to build into the footprint they've already littered with attractions from the start.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:45 am

^Or buy some of their rides in portable models so they can just swap them out when ridership drops.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby HeyItsKrabs » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:26 am

Does anyone know if the 2019 opening will include that ferris wheel that was announced back in 2009? It's the one part of the complex that I have heard about for next year's opening and it's looking more and more likely to me that it'll be cancelled.

Postby larrygator » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:02 am

The Observation Wheel is still prominently featured on their website

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!