Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 90: Wild Whizzer announced for 2018 (SBF Visa spinner)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:25 pm

boldikus wrote:* The building will also include three bars, including one inside the restaurant with 100 bar stools and one outside, just steps away from the beach.

:nina:
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 am

Official Seaport Pier announcement and more details.

BG Capital announces development of Seaport Pier - A year-round multi-purpose venue for regional and tourist guests of North Wildwood

PHILADELPHIA, PRNewswire - BG Capital is proud to announce the recent acquisition for the development of the new Seaport Pier in North Wildwood, Cape May County, NJ. This agreement will bring new life to the once foreclosed and vacant Seaport Pier located on the Boardwalk at 22nd Avenue.

A multi-purpose venue with resort-style amenities for regional and tourist guests will provide entertainment and activities for visitors of all ages. To learn more about pool memberships and for general information, email info@seaportpier.com.

Co-founders of BG Capital, Daniel Govberg and Joseph Byrne, are proud to announce the recent acquisition for the development of the new Seaport Pier in North Wildwood, Cape May County, NJ. A multi-purpose venue with resort-style amenities for regional and tourist guests will provide entertainment and activities for visitors of all ages.

"We are thrilled that we were able to work out this deal in cooperation on both local and state levels. Mayor Patrick Rosenello was instrumental in making this deal happen, and facilitating this revitalization effort for the North Wildwood community at large, and to the millions of tourists who travel to this destination year round," said Joseph Byrne, co-founder of BG Capital.

The plan includes a public swim club, restaurants, upscale coffee bar, and bike parking, as well as an agreement with a renowned entertainment company. Ashley Govberg, Principal of ACG LLC and chief designer, is heading up all aspects of the design, and is focused on creating an inviting and exciting atmosphere for all to enjoy.

GREEN EGGS CAFÉ
Brunch powerhouse restaurant, Green Eggs Café, will be one of the pillar establishments at the new Seaport Pier, providing decadent eats with the freshest local ingredients, and featuring La Colombe Coffee. Green Eggs Café focuses on serving the highest quality product at the lowest possible price point, all while maintaining an eco-conscious philosophy on a daily basis. The Seaport Pier location marks the fifth Green Eggs Café restaurant to open. Other locations include, South Philadelphia, Northern Liberties, and Midtown Village in Philadelphia, as well as Miami.

"We are beyond excited to be joining the team at Seaport Pier this coming summer to add a destination to the already established North Wildwood dining scene. We will be bringing Green Eggs Café to the pier for a fun and delightful breakfast and brunch experience. Green Eggs Cafe's team will also be adding a light and refreshing food and beverage menu Poolside! In addition, the team will be adding a bar and grille concept operating for lunch and dinner. All three models will focus on Jersey fresh products," said a representative from Green Eggs Café.

SEAPORT PIER BAR & RESTAURANTS
Alcoholic beverages will be available at three designated areas on the pier - The Dive Bar, The Sand Bar, and the Starboard Swim Club. The creation of these three establishments is being spearheaded by hospitality veterans John Little Jr. and Gavin Wolfe.

"Being a part of this venture with BG Capital and the great city of North Wildwood is thrilling to us. We believe this is something the Jersey shore needs. We can't wait to work alongside the great people of North Wildwood, Green Eggs, and the other exceptional entertainment entities. We look forward to being a part of its growth and success," sentiments expressed by John Little Jr. and Gavin Wolfe.

The Dive Bar will incorporate the historical South Jersey Coastline and the old Deep Sea Diver outfit, and will feature kid-friendly equipment and apparatus. The Sand Bar, just steps away from the beach, will be the perfect public gathering space to meet, eat, drink and soak in the sun, as well as to host entertainment events on a grand scale. The Starboard Club is a modern, "resort-style" pool that will offer residents and tourists an alternative to the beach. Seasonal, monthly, weekly and daily memberships will be available. Amenities will include private fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rooms, pool side food and drink, even a swim-up style bar. A pool management company is expected to join the team.

DEVELOPMENT
At fourteen and a half feet above sea level, the building plans adhere to the most stringent codes for beach front development. All elevation, wind, and flood plain guidelines have been met according to both local and state code requirements.

OPERATING PARTNERSHIPS
Danny Govberg, co-founder of BG Capital remarked, "With our successful track record of increasing property value, BG Capital looks to do other projects and acquisitions like the Seaport Pier, functioning as a reliable operating partner, where we can contribute to the strategic and operational development for portfolio companies."

Also something Moreys related - Opening days for 2018 are as follows:

Mariners - Sat March 31st
Surfside - Sat May 5th
Adventure - Sat May 19th

Tram Car service begins Thurs May 3rd
Macks Pizza opens March 24th :lover:

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:31 am

^ Am I the only one perpetually annoyed by the piers' staged roll-out? What kind of business do they typically do during the period where only Mariners Pier is open?
That coaster dad [308] and that coaster kiddo [159]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Twisted Timbers. Lightning Rod. Wicked Cyclone. The Wild One. Goliath (SFGAm).

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:39 am

Most of the staged rollout has to do with staffing. The bulk of their employees are local kids and foreign exchange workers who don't become free until mid-May/early-June.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 132
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini, Cedar Creek Mine Ride

Postby boldikus » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:40 am

edit ^ beat me to it

Oh no it totally has driven me up a wall for as long as I can remember. It stings a bit more in the fall when Adventure and Surfside close in mid September and only Mariners is open for the Oktoberfest event. But Mariners being the first to open/last to close makes sense because its the center of the boardwalk, and of town really.

Though as a regular, and someone who does visit in the spring/fall, the staggered openings/closings does make sense based on the crowds they typically get - they'd be spread really thin if they opened all three piers on the shoulder season, not to mention their staffing is mostly made up of internationals who don't arrive until May/June. And taking visitors into account - many people do start to visit Wildwood on the weekends in spring but it stays totally dead on weekdays til mid June and immediately after Labor Day, opening all three piers would only be warranted if the weather happened to be really good and they can't exactly plan around that.

I get opening Adventure last/closing first as it has the least amount of attractions and I'd assume Great White needs more general maintenance than the two Vekomas so this gives them more time there. But I have always wished they'd open Surfside earlier and closed it later - I would love if they expand their Oktoberfest to include Surfside at some point, but I know with their limited staffing after Labor Day its likely never going to happen.

I may go down next month for a visit to the folks and to get some pizza, but I'm planning my first visit for rides for May 5th weekend.

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:26 am

Just a friendly reminder Moreys is currently having their annual spring sale. If you're planning a visit, check it out:

https://www.moreyspiers.com/spring-sale

Wild Passes are just $310 (over 25? Only $250)
Wild Water Park Pass only $140
Breakfast in the Sky (for 2) is only $100
70 Tickets for only $45
Going with a group? Get 10 wristbands for $470!

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 am

^^As a resident expert on Morey's, would you say the 70 tickets for $45 is better than or equal too the Tuesday deal they have had in the past?

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:10 am

Well, that's an interesting question. The last three years I've gotten the "Over 25 Wild Pass" because - well, I'm over 25, and its almost half what a regular Wild Pass is, and because I go multiple times throughout the season. So I get unlimited wristbands and waterpark access all year.

Before that I would always get this deal in the spring (or around Xmas), but since I go so often I would always be reloading the card everytime I was on the piers. That wasn't ever an issue since they'll let you add as much as you want ("Can I get $30 worth of tickets on here?") but it gets expensive when considering how much I'd spend during an entire season.

Anyways, as far as this deal - they are half price tickets essentially. Moreys charges something like 1.10 per ticket (may have gone up?) so at $45, 70 tickets is a deal. I think the Tuesday deal was half priced wristbands, but I am not even 100% sure they still do that since I always have my Wild Pass and I'm never there on Tuesdays.

The thing w/ tickets is if you're an enthusiast and looking to hit everything, 70 tickets is not gonna be enough for all the coasters and then some flats. Look at the website and it tells you how many tickets each ride is. A wristband, which usually costs around $60, is definitely more worth your money if you're going for a full day. I mean, you're not gonna be marathoning the boomerang and SLC, but you'll want multiple rides on Great White, the flume, the drop tower, IT, etc etc. There's so much else to check out besides the coasters.

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:23 pm

^Thanks, just trying to figure out the best option. Gonna be there on a Tuesday so if there still is a wristband promo I'm hoping to score that.

Definitely gonna grab my nephews wristbands but the debate is if 70 tickets will be enough for myself or my bro. Neither one of us are big flat ride guys but we wanna hit the coasters, flume, dark rides, etc. Probably 1 ride each on the Vekomas unless the SLC is as good as I've been reading. So, long run 4 wristbands may just be the way to go. :lmao:

Thanks for the advice!

Edit: looking at the website I'm at 102 tickets and that's just a single ride on most things.. looks like it's a wrist band for me lol

Postby boldikus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:41 pm

lol edit you kinda beat me to it.

Well, do the math. The three big coasters and the flume are 8 tickets each. That's 32x2= there goes 64 tickets. Dark rides: Ghost Ship is 8 tickets. Its a walkthru but its great - only open after 6pm I think. There goes another 16. Dantes and Pirates of Wildwood are each 5. There goes 20 tickets. So now we're up to 100 tickets.

I know you said you're not a flat guy but their drop ride and "IT" are incredible. The drop is a Larson and is incredibly forceful and has amazing views of the beach/ocean if you sit on that side. "IT" offers forces I've never gotten on any ride anywhere, and the program they run on it is insane - its not repetitive or relentless, it changes, but its incredibly intense. Did I mention lapbars only? Upside down airtime, dude. Its a must-do/

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!