Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 887: Hyperspace Mountain returns on May 25th, 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby SoCalJasonland » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:25 am

"And for a second, let's ignore technicalities, and just be practical here: moving the hotel 1000 feet away on the same property is by NO MEANS a reasonable justification for any of this City Council crap, and is absurdly petty. It's going to be advantageous for the city no matter where it is. "

I read an article that states that the original hotel project was supposed to add 1,000 permanent jobs at the hotel with no other job losses. When Disney moved the project, they had to shut down existing businesses, including Rainforest Cafe and other places, resulting in 450 job losses. I guess Anaheim wasn't pleased that they were only going to get 550 net job increases instead of 1,000 for all those millions of dollars that they were giving away and disputed the agreement.
Only blank more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! Wish I knew some HTML code to update the date on this sig. Silver Shamrock.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:44 am

^ An new job study was needed to actually show what the new number of permanent jobs would be, and that was never completed. The hotel has lots of ground level square footage dedicated to replacing those Downtown Disney locations. In fact, the total square footage lost was nearly the same as the amount available in the new plan. And the new plan borke that up into several food locations, instead of 3 restaurants like before.

But, none of this even matters now! Last night, the city voted 7-0 to anul the tax contracts with Disney. So, were all back at square one. No one is beholden to anyone to meet any requirements.

KTLA.com

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby SoCalJasonland » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:16 pm

According to the LA Times, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge cantina will serve pre-mixed alcoholic beverages. A first at Disneyland for regular park guests. Apparently, they are not going to let people leave the cantina with their drinks and walk around Disneyland though.

www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disneyland-star-wars-land-20180830-story.html
Only blank more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! Wish I knew some HTML code to update the date on this sig. Silver Shamrock.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:57 pm

SoCalJasonland wrote:According to the LA Times, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge cantina will serve pre-mixed alcoholic beverages. A first at Disneyland for regular park guests. Apparently, they are not going to let people leave the cantina with their drinks and walk around Disneyland though.

Not selling booze in Disneyland has cost them millions of dollars a year in revenue, so good for them for finally getting with the times.

Let the "But Walt..." bitching commence. :lol:

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:16 am

I think the Blue Bayou should get in on the alcoholic drinks. Same restrictions as the Cantina. After all, the pirates are drinking.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:53 am

They should sell alcohol near It’s A Small World.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:43 am

I can easily see, every table service restaurant selling alcohol very soon. With the same restrictions: You must consume it within the building it's being served.

I know people bring in alcohol ALL the time to the park, so I do not think this would ever equate to there being "Drunk people" wandering around the parks now.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:47 pm

How about a trade. Allow alcohol, get rid of Disneyland "Gang" social clubs. :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:13 am

SoCalJasonland wrote:According to the LA Times, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge cantina will serve pre-mixed alcoholic beverages. A first at Disneyland for regular park guests. Apparently, they are not going to let people leave the cantina with their drinks and walk around Disneyland though.

Awesome news! I was already excited for Star Wars Land next year, and this makes it even better! Hmm, what to get, what to get? I know, I'll take a Han shot first.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby JeromyL » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:47 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:They should sell alcohol near It’s A Small World.

That, or offer that memory wipe device from Men in Black afterward LOL I love Its a small world.... but it's a love/hate relationship....
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!