Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 609 - A look back at the classic version of Club 33
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Chrisrad » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 am

Thrillseeker321 wrote:I havent been to the park in about 3 years and was wondering if a deluxe annual passport is worth the money?

We're already past the price increase for annual passes, so now the Deluxe passes are about $470 (they were about $380 last year); premiums are up to $650.

If you plan on going this summer, and you don't want to pay extra to get in, you'll need a deluxe pass; the two so-cal passes are blocked until August (thankfully ;) ) You can always buy a cheap pass and go on that day, then upgrade later; you just can't make payments on the price difference, only the original amount.

I've had deluxe passes since 2005, and finally got a premium in 2011. Turns out, I didn't need the extra days and just used the free parking more than anything.
Chris #10
2011 Northeast & Cedar Point Trips
Maverick > Millennium Force

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 am

TPDave wrote:I guess it'll be interesting to see how Star Tours is holding up in a year after mermaid and cars land fully settle in.

Carsland will hold a crowd. You just have to look at Test Track to see that RSR will keep drawing.

Little Mermaid, not so much. Both times I have been to the park there was a line during the day and a walk on at night. Everybody was at World of Color.

Star Tours will still be popular for a while because of the variations. You have to see it multiple times to catch the different scenes. That and the fact that each Star Wars movie is going to be released one a year in 3D for the next 5 years.
My fundraising page: http://www.tntbob.com

Bitch Please!

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:11 pm

^ Little Mermaid isn't due to a lack of popularity, but an insanely high capacity.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Location: In between Knott's Berry Farm and Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Postby Xceleratorfan96 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:33 pm

^^agreed, I went June 8th and Little Mermaid had a line, but it was constantly moving.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:42 pm

Right, once the new wears off, just look for the longest wait time and you'll find the ride with the smallest hourly capacity.

What Star Tours has going for it is that, as time goes on, kids/families/the average person will be just as familiar with Episodes I-III as they are with IV-VI, or moreso with the Clone Wars cartoons. Obviously Tours desperately needed to get I-III's imagery in there somewhere. Now that it's there, Tours is in a much better place to be that old stand-by ride once again like its first version was for so many years. Familiar, but still relevant, and very much something you *want* to do at Disneyland.

RSR will be a top draw for a long time. DCA had long lacked that first FP you always need to head straight for at first arrival, and then hold in your pocket for hours while the anticipation builds. For anyone who actually tries to make DCA a full-day park, RSR and Cars Land in general will be of vital importance to accomplishing that.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby p0tat0 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:17 am

Am I the only one hoping they build a new Tron attraction in Tomorrowland???

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:18 am

p0tat0 wrote:Am I the only one hoping they build a new Tron attraction in Tomorrowland???

Believe me, I would LOVE a Tron ride, but an Avengers ride will most likely win out....which I would still love.
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:18 am

^Screamscape mentioned something about Disney looking into a third gate for the Disneyland resort, essentially as a totally Marvel-themed park. I'm curious to see how (if they're real) how those plans affect any possible Tomorrowland revamp and the rides they'll redo/replace.
Last Ride: Space Mountain: Mission 2 (DLP)
Next Ride: Intimidator 305 (KD)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:41 am

coasterfreak101 wrote:^Screamscape mentioned something about Disney looking into a third gate for the Disneyland resort, essentially as a totally Marvel-themed park. I'm curious to see how (if they're real) how those plans affect any possible Tomorrowland revamp and the rides they'll redo/replace.

To be honest, I'm not really thrilled with the idea of a Marvel theme. Imagineering will only be creatively exclusive to build Marvel attractions. They should have the theme of the third gate be a tad more broad so they can also fit in any original concept or other property attraction as they please.
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby p0tat0 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Someotherguyuser wrote:
coasterfreak101 wrote:^Screamscape mentioned something about Disney looking into a third gate for the Disneyland resort, essentially as a totally Marvel-themed park. I'm curious to see how (if they're real) how those plans affect any possible Tomorrowland revamp and the rides they'll redo/replace.

To be honest, I'm not really thrilled with the idea of a Marvel theme. Imagineering will only be creatively exclusive to build Marvel attractions. They should have the theme of the third gate be a tad more broad so they can also fit in any original concept or other property attraction as they please.
I totally agree, there's still much more they can do with both parks, I'd rather have them focus on that. Also, with the 3rd park they still have a huge parking problem, not sure how they will figure that one out.

on a side note, I thought the avengers movie was pretty boring

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!