Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 639 - See Ya Later Luigi's Flying Tires!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:46 pm

ahecht wrote:Wow! This ride is going to blow Test Track away. :airtime:

From what I've seen I'm not sure it will quite 'blow Test Track away'...it looks like a slightly bigger racing Test Track. Sure it's cool and all, but it's no Journey!!!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:50 pm

ahecht wrote:Wow! This ride is going to blow Test Track away. :airtime:

Why does it have to "blow test track away?"

Why can't it just be a really good, solid E-Ticket ride, something that California Adventure DESPERATELY needs?

Really, it could "just be a clone of Test Track" and that would already be a HUGE HUGE win for DCA.

--Robb

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:04 pm

It doesn't have to blow test track away. My comment was based solely on my personal preference for airtime and tunnels, and my person dislike of industrial theming (I probably should've added "for me" to my comment). Test Track is still one of my favorite Disney attractions, and I agree that any ride on that scale is a huge win for DCA. I think most Americans who visit Disney parks are going to make a mental connection between the two rides since the cars look so similar (and since few will have even heard of JttCotE at TDS), and I'm sure that some will prefer Test Track based on its theme, it being 25mph faster, and it being more aimed towards thrillseekers.
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:12 pm

^Unless that video is slowed down I'm not sure there's going to be much airtime on those hills.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 pm

^true.
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby DBJ » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Looks great! Also looking forward to seeing how the tire flat ride turns out. Now it's just trying to figure out which day to go where the park will not be overwhelmed by crowds. Have to look at that AP blackout calendar really closely!

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 pm

I'm really looking forward to this with GREAT anticipation!!

It may not have the sights/sounds/theming/airtime of Journey...

It may not have the slalom braking or speed/banking (or breaking down directly UNDER the a/c) of Test Track...

But I think it will be a happy medium of the two, if not more. And I do hope so, as JTTCOTE and TT are two of my favorite Disney rides anywhere!!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:29 pm

I agree Elissa, this is no Journey, haha. It'd be better if there was a lava monster in the cave!!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Gnome » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:06 am

the attraction looks like a win to me. Yes, the story isn't as "mature" as JTCOTE, but who's to say it won't be as good? I guess we won't know for sure till opening day, but me thinks it will just come down to a matter of preference.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:58 am

ahecht wrote: I think most Americans who visit Disney parks are going to make a mental connection between the two rides

Most Americans are lucky to visit one or the other in their lifetimes. I highly doubt "most Americans" will even notice or care, as they will just be happy enough to be on vacation. The only people making a mental connection are Disney enthusiasts who will nit pick apart two great rides out of lack of anything better to do.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!