Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 626: 'Frozen' now featured in Storybook Land Canal Boats
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:51 am

Here is an even larger version! I really like the look of everything and how there are nice 'quiet' spots that you can so to and get out of the main traffic areas.
Cars Land from the air.JPG
Viewed 813 times

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:24 am

Here is an update on the Mad T Party that will be going into DCA:

Disney Parks Blog

It’s Almost ‘T’ Time at Disney California Adventure Park!
posted on March 23rd, 2012 by Robin Trowbridge, Entertainment Show Director, Disneyland Resort.

Beginning June 15, Disney California Adventure park guests will be invited to step through the Rabbit Hole and into an all-new fantastical world filled with music, games, dancing and fun for whole family!

mtp118932LARGE.jpg
Viewed 777 times

At the Mad T Party, you’ll be able to party the night away with a wild and wonderful cast of characters. Would you like to meet them? I thought you might!
First of all, there’s our very own Mad T Party Band …

ban228942LARGE.jpg
Viewed 777 times

… which provides the most awesome array of party tune favorites, and each member of the band has his or her own superlative sense of style!
Here’s our lineup:
Mad Hatter – the host with a hat … and a voice to “TOP” it all off!
March Hare – pumpin’ up the bass!
Dormouse – rockin’ out on lead guitar!
Caterpillar – jammin’ on the keys!
Cheshire Cat – smiling and keepin’ a beat on the drums!
And, what would a Mad T Party be without Alice herself? Lucky for us, she “drops in” for her own special moment in the spotlight!
You’re going to love this band – they absolutely know how to get down, get “MAD” and rock the park! But there are more to meet … and more who want to meet you!

rab338194LARGE.jpg
Viewed 777 times

This one knows how to keep you hoppin’ with rockin’ remixes … and all the latest party hits! Get ready to meet … the White Rabbit DJ!

twe448922LARGE.jpg
Viewed 777 times

Prior to entering the Rabbit Hole, this party-loving pair will help get you ready for a night of frabjous fun! I’m talking about … Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!

dec558922LARGE.jpg
Viewed 777 times

And no matter how you deal ‘em, these dancers make for a full house of shufflin’ dance floor fun at the Mad T Party! It’s the Hottest Deck in Town!

hat668932LARGE.jpg
Viewed 777 times

During the day, as you make your way through the park, you might come across these helpful hosts, who will give you the latest scoop and share some secrets about the Mad T Party … the Hatters!
Believe me, there are plenty of sensational surprises in store when the Mad T Party begins June 15, 2012.
There’s lots to do before we’re ready for you!
But ready we’ll be, when it’s time for “T.”
So get ready … to go “MAD” at Disney California Adventure park this summer!

This could go either way for me. The atmosphere looked cool, but these characters are a bit..out there, haha.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Oh god, that looks horrible. I hope it's better in person than those sketches and descriptions make it sound.

I was worried when the playlist was posted, but this just seems like a geriatric wedding band trying to be hip and edgy.
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Mechanic » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Carsland gets a big thumbs up. That Tea party deal looks like a rave gone wrong.

Every problem is a solution waiting to happen.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:21 pm

Just like the political Tea Party, this one scares me.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Yeah, Cars Land good. Mad Tea Party bad. (At least from what I've seen so far.) Electronica is something I probably would've at least checked out; but the Tea Party, probably not.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:13 pm

Do you think it's possible Mad T Party could possibly be the next "Light Magic"?
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:52 pm

I think with the addition of Alcohol it'll be better received then Light Magic, but I don't think it'll last more then the summer (gods at least I hope not, what a terrible execution!)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby rcdude » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:37 pm

Okay, any hope I had of Mad T Party being decent just went away. I'll be sure to give that one a miss. As for Cars Land, it looks like a great addition and the thing that will complete DCA. I don't know that it would be worth traveling to California to visit it (especially for those that have been to WDW and ridden Test Track), but it might make DCA worth more than the half-day it currently deserves. Radiator Springs Racers looks like it could be DCA's best ride (except for California Screamin'), the Flying Tires look interesting, and the third ride (Junkyard Jamboree) looks like something I'll do once and not bother with again, but the whole area just seems well done and possibility the best themed area of DCA.
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Tatsu, Nitro, Maverick, Banshee
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Boulder Dash, Goliath (SFGAm), Thunderhead
Top 3 Parks: Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Knoebels Amusement Park & Resort
TPR Trips: IntimidaTour 2010, North East Trip 2011, LeviaTHON 2012, Mini Tours 2014 (New Hotness & East Coast)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby E1ticket5 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:21 am

I really like the concept art for the Mad T Party costumes. The neon colors are going to be much more interesting to look at than the simple blues, teals, reds, and blacks of Electronica.
-Judge me by who I am in the real world, not by what I say on TPR.
-Single Rider 4 Life!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!