Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 821: Disneyland announces new Fastpass options
Users viewing this topic: FolsomFan and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Disney California Adventure (DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Chrisrad » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:44 pm

^ Nice! I'm glad to see them honor a Disney tradition, even at DCA.

I know about all of the tributes at Disneyland, but is this something that's done at all Disney parks?
Chris #10
2011 Northeast & Cedar Point Trips
Maverick > Millennium Force

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:43 am

Chrisrad wrote:^ Nice! I'm glad to see them honor a Disney tradition, even at DCA.

I know about all of the tributes at Disneyland, but is this something that's done at all Disney parks?

Well not the Rainbow Mine Train Caverns. However in EVERY ride Disney builds you will find tributes and jokes about past attractions, the Imagineers that work on the ride. For example- Mission Space- Realativly new ride. In the queue the logo of the beloved attraction it replaced- Horizons :cry: -is in the middle of the space centrifuge theming. Now even though Mission space is only 6 years old, Star Tours- The Adventures continue- actually makes a reference to it in the Hoth scene, and for that matter all the scenes have a reference to either the past ride or to Star Wars.

A lot of the theming found in the parks (espically if it has names on it) is an Imagineer/Engineers name usually. Its one of the many things that just makes Disney even better :mickey: !

-Zach

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:55 am

To add to that, names on the windows of Main Street buildings are probably the most straightforward tributes the parks make.

My Dumps Smell Like Cantaloupe

Postby The SETGO Guys » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:36 pm

A.J. wrote:To add to that, names on the windows of Main Street buildings are probably the most straightforward tributes the parks make.

The Haunted Mansion Graveyard is a good one also, in fact the "owner" Master Gracey was based on Imagineer Yale Gracey.

I have a Photo TR I'm working on, where I got to pay tribute to Master Gracey. ;) I'll link it when I'm done typing it

-Zach

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Gmaster562 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Looks Like California Screamin is down for rehab, and the loop has been removed at the moment.
091211-dca016-sm.jpg
"I love the loop de loops".

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Has anyone ever watched closely as the train goes through the loop on Screamin'? The thing shakes like crazy. Wouldn't surprise me if they've removed the loop to rehab the loop itself. While I know that yes, the ride is meant to withstand forces, after a while, it seems like all that shaking would put quite a bit of wear on the loop.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby MrSum1_55 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:11 pm

^^I hope they keep it that way! The ride would be much be much better without OTSR's, anyway.

That's not gonna happen, though. The removal of an entire piece of track on a steel coaster seems like a pretty extreme rehab session.The ride was designed to look like a wood coaster; apparently they were so serious on the theme, they had to rehab it like a wood coaster too!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:08 am

Al lutz mentioned that the loop is actually being swapped out with completely brand new track.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby amyzoo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:20 am

While running the 5K through DCA we saw these pieces backstage (one of the benefits of running the 5K and half marathon). They could be replacing versus refurbishing since we saw these pieces while the ride was still open.
IMG_5336.jpg

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:11 am

Damn! That's kinda trippy! I will probably heading down on Sunday... wasn't even gonna go to DCA since it's mainly a Halloween Day, but I'd love to see this in person!
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!