Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 609 - A look back at the classic version of Club 33
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
It all started with a donkey

Re: Disney California Adventure (DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby the ghost » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:11 am

Damn! That's kinda trippy! I will probably heading down on Sunday... wasn't even gonna go to DCA since it's mainly a Halloween Day, but I'd love to see this in person!
:derek: TPR's resident ent!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:59 am

Is that even Intamin track? I thought Intamin track was a little taller and had more bracing.
Check out my portfolio on Carbonmade! January 29 - new update!
I wrote the book about NoLimits. Check it out on Amazon!
Like the Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group on Facebook!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:12 am

^That is the new loop. It has been back stage at Disney for a while now. They are fully replacing the loop with new track all together, and its actually already back up there. Screamin' will reopen Saturday October 15th.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby BelizeIt » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:07 am

I visited the parks yesterday and saw something interesting at the bag check area.

A young couple ahead of me in line, were pulled aside by Disney security. The Disney personal wanted to see the guys camera and what photos he had just taken. The Disney security ask why were they taking pictures of their security check procedures, to which the guy said that he was just taking random photos.

The couple were accommodating to the Disney security request, but I could have imagined that others would not have been so. The couple were sent on their way, but you could tell that they were a bit put off by the whole experience.

As for the parks, a nice quite off-season day. Though if you were visiting Disneyland for the first time you may have been a bit disapointed, because Pirates was down for refurbishment, and both Space Mountain, and Haunted were closed to receive their holiday overlays.

Disneys Construction Adventure (DCA) continues at a rapid pace, they have topped of the Carthay Circle building, and the shops are well underway for their redue.

All looks good, bring on the Holiday Season!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby WFChris » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:39 pm

I know this isn't the Disneyland official thread, but I'm not sure one exists, so I'll post it here :)

I just wanted to say that I very much enjoyed the 'Ghost Galaxy' rendition of Space Mountain. I have not been to the parks since before California Adventure opened, and it was a pleasant surprise to experience an old favorite with new everything and even a holiday overlay to boot :)

Anyway, back to DCA talk :b

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:45 pm

I love that sexy intamin loopiness...Question about Screamin' while we're on topic, how long had Disney been planning to replace/update the loop?

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Went to the park on Monday and got a few pics of the stuff (there are way better updates out there if you want to go look at them, this is the cliff notes haha)
2011-09-19_11-42-27_963.jpg
"It's the most wonderful time of the yeeeeeeeear!"
Viewed 468 times
2011-09-19_11-50-14_696.jpg
Went to Check out Ghost Galaxy agaian (I really wish they would change it up a bit or add more to it, but I <3 it so!) and I got this, WTF? For Captain Eo? Really?
Viewed 468 times
2011-09-19_12-35-33_178.jpg
Another one that I wish they would change a bit more, I also failed to see the Monkey Bride in the attic this year!
Viewed 468 times
2011-09-19_13-03-38_619.jpg
You can see the Carthay Circle Theater was topped off.in The back, Totally different dynamic to the front entrance.
Viewed 468 times
2011-09-19_13-08-23_838.jpg
Closer pic of the Theater/ restaurant being worked on.
Viewed 468 times
2011-09-19_13-08-49_816.jpg
Another angle, Disney nerds jizzing blah blah blah *Squirt*.
Viewed 468 times
2011-09-19_13-09-18_72.jpg
Bye Bye Engine-Ears Toys.
Viewed 468 times
2011-09-19_13-32-46_918.jpg
Holy poo-poo Carsland looks AMAZING! That's what $400+ million gets you.
Viewed 468 times
2011-09-19_13-49-13_891.jpg
Something still missing.
Viewed 468 times

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:10 pm

CorkscrewFoley wrote:I love that sexy intamin loopiness...Question about Screamin' while we're on topic, how long had Disney been planning to replace/update the loop?

Not sure exactly but considering ordering a piece of track like that would take at least 3-4 months to get I would imagine. Very good question indeed ;)
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Chrisrad » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:06 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:^That is the new loop. It has been back stage at Disney for a while now. They are fully replacing the loop with new track all together, and its actually already back up there. Screamin' will reopen Saturday October 15th.

Fellow Disney Nerd.. you did not inform me of this.. :cry: Glad I haven't been there lately - I would have been disappointed after finding out that CA Screamin' will be closed for so long.

Oct. 15th? I guess I won't need to go to CA Adv until then, other than to get a WOC fix.

:p

Edit: As far as the loop track replacement, is it just a standard wear-and-tear issue, or were there any major issues with it?
Chris #10
2011 Northeast & Cedar Point Trips
Maverick > Millennium Force

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:14 am

^Normal wear and tear.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!