Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 887: Hyperspace Mountain returns on May 25th, 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Srosdude » Wed May 02, 2018 9:18 am

Hello Everyone! I'll be visiting both Disneyland and DCA in June. I'm planning on visiting both parks in one day, and was wondering if anybody had any tips, such as order to do rides and places to eat. Thanks in advance!
208 Feet Up, 221 Feet Down. If you're not scared, you should be. Enjoy your ride on Superman.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed May 02, 2018 9:26 am

Srosdude wrote:Hello Everyone! I'll be visiting both Disneyland and DCA in June. I'm planning on visiting both parks in one day, and was wondering if anybody had any tips, such as order to do rides and places to eat. Thanks in advance!

Looks like you're pasting the same thing in all the CA threads. Dig a few pages in and you'll find some answers since lots of people are planning trips as well. Heck you might even stumble across something like my trip report that highlights Knott's/DCA/DL in one day!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed May 02, 2018 10:25 am

Srosdude wrote:Hello Everyone! I'll be visiting both Disneyland and DCA in June. I'm planning on visiting both parks in one day, and was wondering if anybody had any tips, such as order to do rides and places to eat. Thanks in advance!

Disneyland is a different sort of park. I did both in one day, but to answer your questions, I'll need to know your priorities. What are your favourite Disney movies? That is an absolutely essential question to your enjoyment of these parks.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby Srosdude » Wed May 02, 2018 10:52 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

Disneyland is a different sort of park. I did both in one day, but to answer your questions, I'll need to know your priorities. What are your favourite Disney movies? That is an absolutely essential question to your enjoyment of these parks.

Haha! I literally love all of them. I’m trying to focus mostly on your classic Disney Rides, and the thrill rides. Don’t know how to pick my favorite Disney movie!
208 Feet Up, 221 Feet Down. If you're not scared, you should be. Enjoy your ride on Superman.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed May 02, 2018 11:19 am

Fantastic, you'll have a good time then. You'll want to spend way more time in DL than DCA. I used roughly this plan, although I'll update for a couple of changes since then (also assuming Pixar Pier will be open when you're going; it opens June 23, not sure when in June your trip is):

DCA at opening
- Get Guardians of the Galaxy Fastpass, single rider Radiator Springs Racers
- Go on Guardians of the Galaxy
- Get Toy Story Fastpass, standby Mickey's Fun Wheel
- Single rider Incredicoaster
- Go on Toy Story
- Get Soarin' Fastpass, go on Grizzly Rapids
- Go on Soarin'
- Leave for Disneyland

DL:
- Get Haunted Mansion Fastpass
- Go on Splash Mountain
- Go on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Go on Haunted Mansion
- Get Big Thunder Mountain Fastpass
- Go on Toad's Wild Ride and Peter Pan's Flight
- Go on Big Thunder Mountain
- Get Space Mountain Fastpass
- Go on Star Tours
- Single rider Matterhorn
- Go on Space Mountain

Pick either World of Color or fireworks for your final show.
Eat before the parks open (Tortilla Joe's has a great breakfast burrito) and then after they close. You may pick up something quick if you see no line, but keep moving.

Maybe you get to a bit more, depends on other factors. Basically have the Fastpass for the big attraction going at all times. You can even get the new one once the timestamp for your old one is up. For example, if you have a Haunted Mansion return time of 11:30-12:30, then at 11:30 you can grab a Big Thunder Mountain at 11:30. With Maxpass, you can even do this without going over to the ride physically, so get Maxpass. It's $10. Do it.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ENri » Wed May 09, 2018 3:43 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:...
Pick either World of Color or fireworks for your final show.

A question.
I read on the official website that "World of color" will be closed from today until over mid-June.
But I also read, on facebook and similar pages, comments on the reopening at the end of May (only the show, without the rest of the pier).
Do you know what the effective date will be?

We will be at the park on May 28-29-30 and it would be nice to see it.

ty

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:52 pm

The Disney website says late June, so that's what it will be. Beyond that, there has been no actual opening date announced. I would plan on not seeing it, unfortunately.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu May 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Yeah, Disney's great about giving you accurate information on the website. My advice was for a person going in June but didn't say what day, so I included it just in case he would be there late enough in June to see it.

Postby Srosdude » Fri May 11, 2018 9:22 am

Thank you everybody!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun May 27, 2018 4:54 pm

I checked and checked and....nothing found as far as I could tell....so....

Happy 25th Birthday Toontown!

Wikipedia wrote:Mickey's Toontown opened in Disneyland on January 24, 1993. The area is inspired
by "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", and resembles a set from a Max Fleischer cartoon.

So it must be true, right? :wink:
Toontown25thB-day.jpg
happybirthdaybeer.jpg
x 5!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!