Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:55 am

Ride Steel Force & Thunderhawk in the front, Talon front far right, Possessed & Hydra in the back.

Hit the mouse first if you need to do it.

Do not skip the flume or Demon Drop. The Whip is good, Apollo is great.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:02 am

Talon is also good in the very back, far left. You get whipped around that first drop.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Steel Farce » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:48 am

Spoke with Mike Fehnel over the holiday and the leaked ride layout is a fake. While the park has "exciting" plans for that portion of the park, this is all a well done hoax. Dinosaurs is nearly extinct (we knew this) and there will be a focus on upgrading existing attractions in the water park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 pm

I was at the arcade getting a voucher from the ticket counting machines after spending $1.00 at some coin pushing machine. The first machine jammed up and when the voucher printed it has Kings Dominion listed. I go to the other machine and on that voucher it prints out Great Escape Lodge as the name. They couldn't even bother to get the correct park name printed on the vouchers. :lol: I should have gone to the other machine and seen what park name would print out on that voucher and it will be interesting when I go to redeem the vouchers, if they tell me they are from another park.
DorneyArcade.PNG

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:32 pm

:lol:

I can somewhat understand Kings Dominion considering it's the same chain, but that's hysterical that it printed out something for the Great Escape Lodge. Well if they don't accept it at Dorney, you can save up for something big next time you go to Lake George. :lmao:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby SkyToro » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:17 am

YoshiFan wrote:I was at the arcade getting a voucher from the ticket counting machines after spending $1.00 at some coin pushing machine. The first machine jammed up and when the voucher printed it has Kings Dominion listed. I go to the other machine and on that voucher it prints out Great Escape Lodge as the name. They couldn't even bother to get the correct park name printed on the vouchers. :lol: I should have gone to the other machine and seen what park name would print out on that voucher and it will be interesting when I go to redeem the vouchers, if they tell me they are from another park.
DorneyArcade.PNG
If this isn't the most Dorney thing ever, I don't see what is.
Former Dorney Park Team Leader (Rides) & Area Supervisor (HAUNT)
1. Steel Vengeance 2. Twisted Timbers 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. El Toro 6. Skyrush 7. Fury 325 8. Intimidator 305 9. Millennium Force 10. Wicked Cyclone 11. Storm Runner 12. Fahrenheit 13. Phoenix 14. Afterburn 15. Mind Bender

Postby Vonni » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:04 pm

YoshiFan wrote:I was at the arcade getting a voucher from the ticket counting machines after spending $1.00 at some coin pushing machine. The first machine jammed up and when the voucher printed it has Kings Dominion listed. I go to the other machine and on that voucher it prints out Great Escape Lodge as the name. They couldn't even bother to get the correct park name printed on the vouchers. :lol: I should have gone to the other machine and seen what park name would print out on that voucher and it will be interesting when I go to redeem the vouchers, if they tell me they are from another park.
DorneyArcade.PNG

:nina:

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby gp1086 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Thinking of going next Saturday (7/28) - is Fast Lane basically a must? Are there single rider lines?

Postby coasterbill » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:36 pm

gp1086 wrote:Are there single rider lines?

That depends. Are you by yourself? If so, then every line will instantly become a single rider line as soon as you step into it. The single rider line dumps you right on to a single rider train.

As for the Fastlane question, I’m barely even holding it together now. If I try to type out a response to that I may actually die laughing. I can’t go on...

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:38 pm

gp1086 wrote:Thinking of going next Saturday (7/28) - is Fast Lane basically a must?

Man, I needed a good laugh. Thanks for that.

Seriously though, absolutely not. The dry side of the park will be a ghost town, like it is every day.
Total Coasters: 140

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!