Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby CaptainUnknown » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:17 am

DILinator wrote:I know this doesn't really sync up with that leaked layout, but that space could totally be used for another RMC Raptor clone, like Rail Blazer. It's a smaller expenditure, but one that would still deliver mega thrills for Dorney.

Could be a new clone design.

But I'm not holding my breath just yet for anything.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 104 (21 wood/83 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:56 am

Does anyone know if funpix is transferable to other parks in the same season? I can’t seem to get an answer from DP, CP, KI or CW, which are all part of a road trip this summer!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby hoppedup » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:08 am

Brassinthegrass wrote:Does anyone know if funpix is transferable to other parks in the same season? I can’t seem to get an answer from DP, CP, KI or CW, which are all part of a road trip this summer!

I don't see Dorney on the list: https://www.carowinds.com/tickets-passes/funpix

Can I use my FunPix card at other Cedar Fair parks?

All Season FunPix cardholders will get to capture, collect and share all of their photos at all other FunPix parks in 2018:

California’s Great America
Canada’s Wonderland
Carowinds
Cedar Point
Kings Island
Kings Dominion
Knott’s Berry Farm
Worlds of Fun

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:27 am

YoshiFan wrote:Even though I want something more thrilling, the park does need another under 48" coaster. All someone under 48" can ride is Wild Mouse and the kiddie coaster...

Although I agree with you on that front, when I bring my daughter to the park, she's not at a loss for things to do. Although there's only one coaster she can currently ride at 40", she has a blast on all their flat rides. She's currently able to ride:

- Antique Carousel
- Apollo
- Cedar Creek Cannonball
- Cedar Creek Flyers
- Ferris Wheel
- Monster
- Musik Express
- Road Rally
- Scrambler
- Sea Dragon
- Thunder Creek Mountain
- Tilt-a-Whirl
- Whip
- Zephyr

...and nearly everything in Planet Snoopy, excluding the Linus Launcher. I still think it's a pretty good family park, just not one for the littler coaster riders (and, frankly, given its location, it doesn't need to be when you have options like Knoebels and Hersheypark within an hour's drive).

hoppedup wrote:
Brassinthegrass wrote:Does anyone know if funpix is transferable to other parks in the same season? I can’t seem to get an answer from DP, CP, KI or CW, which are all part of a road trip this summer!

Dorney is not part of the Funpix program. I think there's a grand total of three rides with photo ops in the entire park (Steel Force, Hydra, and Talon), and half of the time the Hydra and Talon ones are closed anyway. No great loss.
That coaster dad [308] and that coaster kiddo [159]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Twisted Timbers. Lightning Rod. Wicked Cyclone. The Wild One. Goliath (SFGAm).

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby jconsolmagno » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:20 pm

hoppedup wrote:

Can I use my FunPix card at other Cedar Fair parks?

All Season FunPix cardholders will get to capture, collect and share all of their photos at all other FunPix parks in 2018:

California’s Great America
Canada’s Wonderland
Carowinds
Cedar Point
Kings Island
Kings Dominion
Knott’s Berry Farm
Worlds of Fun

Reminds me of the Geauga Lake days. Let's hope Dorney doesn't see the same fate.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:22 pm

...because they don’t have Funpix? :lol:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:10 am

Who wants photo evidence that they were at Dorney anyway?
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby OmnipotentSeal » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:37 am

I might be heading to Dorney for the first time ever in late July on a Saturday. How much time should I plan to spend there before heading to knoebels for the evening?
I'm just trying to ride all the coasters, reride the good ones, and ride all the unique flats and water rides.
Please wake up. We are trying a new technique. We don't know where this will show up in your dream, but we hope this message will reach you. You are in a coma. Please wake up. Your family needs you.

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:41 am

OmnipotentSeal wrote:I might be heading to Dorney for the first time ever in late July on a Saturday. How much time should I plan to spend there before heading to knoebels for the evening?
I'm just trying to ride all the coasters, reride the good ones, and ride all the unique flats and water rides.

You’ll be done with Dorney in about 90 minutes
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:44 am

You can ride the coasters, Thunder Creek Mountain and Demon Drop in 2-3 hours. There won’t be crowds. Ride Steel Force in the front.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!