Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 408: Intro of Pre-K pass, free admission for ages 3-5
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby scbt » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Saw this posted on Reddit and figured I'd share it here since it doesn't seem to have been posted before.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby ericthewanderer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:47 pm

That Thunderhawk film is amazing!Now if they would only let people stand up and turn around on it :lmao: !!!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby YoshiFan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:20 pm

Cedar Fair has gotten even stricter with seatbelts. Now on the non coaster rides, them ride operators walk around and tighten everyone's seatbelt to the point where it is uncomfortable. On the Whip, they also now put the slack of each belt around the lap bar and it takes close to 4 minutes from when the riders are let into the ride area until the ride starts.

They are also now selling game prizes at each game booth if you would rather just buy the stuffed animal. Prices range from $4 to $125 depending on the item.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby jamesinclair » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:55 am

Hey folks. Ive never even heard of this park, much less been to it, but apparently its not far from New Brunswick!

Ive read the last few pages, and the consensus seems to be that crowds arent an issue.

Does that hold for the water park? I'm thinking of going Monday. I went to Hurricane Harbor last year and it was a disaster, so I was hoping this spot would be a little more pleasant.

If not, I think Ill go tubing off Easton.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:02 am

I never go to either waterpark but apparently Dorneys is in fact larger (and better by most accounts) than Hurricane Harbor, however the waterpark is where most of the crowds go @ Dorney. The dry park stays quiet most times, at least til the waterpark closes. The park does offer Fast Lane for the waterpark, you'll never come close to needed it for the dry side.
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:58 am

jamesinclair wrote:Ive read the last few pages, and the consensus seems to be that crowds arent an issue.

Crowds aren't a known concept.
Peek a boo!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:55 am

YoshiFan wrote:Cedar Fair has gotten even stricter with seatbelts. Now on the non coaster rides, them ride operators walk around and tighten everyone's seatbelt to the point where it is uncomfortable. On the Whip, they also now put the slack of each belt around the lap bar and it takes close to 4 minutes from when the riders are let into the ride area until the ride starts.

They are also now selling game prizes at each game booth if you would rather just buy the stuffed animal. Prices range from $4 to $125 depending on the item.

This sound like my experience at Morey's Piers. I've been stapled with lap bars before, but I've never seen an op grab the belt and tighten it to the max before then stapling the restraint.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, New Texas Giant, Millennium Force
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Made the trek out to Dorney for twilight ticket and due to the weather the park was even more empty than usual. Every single coaster was a walk on or 1-2 train wait. We arrived at Dorney around 5 and left around 7:45 riding everything multiple times for the most part. It was a great day with a bonus since we got to end it with Waffle House.

As far as the rides themselves go Steel Force was fun and nothing more in the front row, Talon was its usual very solid self, Demon Drop was terrifying as always and Possessed was still running without the holding breaks. The one ride that really grabbed my attention today believe it or not was Hydra. I had my best ride ever on it, the coaster was absolutely flying through the course delivering, dare I say it, a pretty forceful ride. I don't think the trims were on at all since there was no slowing down at any portion of the ride. If this is the case I hope Dorney leaves them off for good. Now on to the photos.
IMG_3809.JPG
Park was slammed when we arrived.
IMG_3810.JPG
I heard the new Giga will be running through here.
IMG_3811.JPG
Talon is a mighty fine looking coaster.
IMG_3812.JPG
Imagine buying one lol.
IMG_3813.JPG
New flats for all you nerds out there.
IMG_3814.JPG
IMG_3815.JPG
Standard Talon photo op.
IMG_3816.JPG
Pleasant surprise of the day.
IMG_3818.JPG
Yup, this is Dorney alright.
IMG_3819.JPG
I got more soaked than I wanted too on this.
IMG_3820.JPG
I've ridden this thing more times than I can count and it is still the drop tower that scares me the most.
IMG_3821.JPG
This ride was a big deal when I was in grade school.
IMG_3823.JPG
I always admire the paint scheme on Thunderhawk.
IMG_3825.JPG
IMG_3830.JPG
This ride always packs a punch.
IMG_3832.JPG
Classic fun ride.
IMG_3833.JPG
I just liked the way this looked.
IMG_3834.JPG
Ended the day with an All-Star special.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Nice update. Since when does Hydra have trims? :lol: I love that its a complete walk on and they have both trains in operation. So Dorney.

Also an All Star fan here. You're making me hungry with that post.
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:07 pm

boldikus wrote:Nice update. Since when does Hydra have trims? :lol: I love that its a complete walk on and they have both trains in operation. So Dorney.

Also an All Star fan here. You're making me hungry with that post.

Good point about Hydra. I just can't wrap my head around why the rides on it today were so crazy.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!