Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 354: New rides, show & water park enhancements announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 03, 2017 4:33 pm

^ Those cars move so fast that anything is possible. Hoffman's Playland had the Lusse cars without a center divider and I could cause some deadly collisions without it.

YoshiFan wrote:As expected the bumper cars were just ok. The cycle is very short and the small driving area combined with the metal island in the middle caused a lot of people to spend most of the ride cycle stuck. Stinger was closed with some mechanics working on the ride but it never opened (not that I would have ridden the coaster anyway).

IMG_2086.JPG

I also noticed this when walking around the park today.

I really want that red sweatshirt as a joke. I can't believe it was printed like that.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Fury 325, Millennium Force, Twisted Colossus, Skyrush, Superman the Ride
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Holiday World

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby DorneyKid14 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Those sweatshirts were actually from last year. Not sure why they are trying to sell them.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: EL Toro
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 58 Wood: 12
Total: 70 Parks: 13

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Thu May 04, 2017 6:36 pm

DorneyKid14 wrote:Those sweatshirts were actually from last year. Not sure why they are trying to sell them.

The sweatshirts outnumbered visitors 2:0
Peek a boo!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu May 04, 2017 6:42 pm

I love that this thread just went from complaining about Cedar Fair advertising to Knoebels in 2 seconds flat. :lol:
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Voyage 3. The Beast 4. Ghostrider 5. Shivering Timbers
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Magnum XL-200 3. Diamondback 4. Maverick 5. Mystery Mine
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Dollywood 3. Silver Dollar City 4. Holiday World 5. Knott's Berry Farm

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Thu May 04, 2017 6:58 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I love that this thread just went from complaining about Cedar Fair advertising to Knoebels in 2 seconds flat. :lol:

Going to Knoebels is the best way to visit Dorney Park.
Peek a boo!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu May 04, 2017 7:25 pm

I swear, if Knoebels and Hersheypark weren't an hour away from Dorney, it wouldn't get as much flak. Knoebels is one of the most awesometaculararrific parks in existence, and Hershey draws all the crowds.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Postby coasterbill » Fri May 05, 2017 6:41 am

Philrad71 wrote:Can't believe that coasterbill let this comment slide on by!!! :lol:

:lol: Yeah, I have no issue with the island. The problem at Dorney is the speed of the cars and the size of the floor, not the island.

Postby Philrad71 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:13 pm

Those cars move so fast that anything is possible. Hoffman's Playland had the Lusse cars without a center divider and I could cause some deadly collisions without it.

My local park (which is now a state park) used to have a Dodge Em back in the day with "modern" (think 70's) cars mixed with "old school" (think 50's) cars where you could actually see the wheels.

I used to ride the no-see-um "modern" wheeled ones which sat lower to the floor. I remember seeing a couple of people get bloody noses (on the old school models) from whacking their noses on the steering wheel pads from head-on collisions - even with the harnesses (which were always loose as hell).

When I would hit the old school models you could actually see the back wheels leave the ground during a head-on collision, of which there were no rules against doing (so of course, everyone did it). There was no island, so it was a total all-out free for all from start to finish. I was actually intimidated to ride these back in the day until I myself turned into a violent little teen - and then it was on. :devil:

Ahhhh....it's fun to harken back to those good old days. Skooters is the closest thing that can bring me back to that time, so that's why they're so f%cking awesome now.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon May 08, 2017 9:12 am

Quick question for those that might be in the know...

Are any of the park's water rides open for the season yet? Thunder Creek Mountain, White Water Landing, whatever their river rapids ride is?
That coaster dad [220] and that coaster kiddo [84].
Dad's faves: Fury 325 / Intimidator 305 / El Toro / Phantom's Revenge / Skyrush.
Kiddo's faves: Wicked Cyclone / The Joker / Boulder Dash / Phoenix / SooperDooperLooper.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby DorneyKid14 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Yes they are. They were open for opening weekend because of the heat, but not this past weekend because of the cold.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: EL Toro
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 58 Wood: 12
Total: 70 Parks: 13

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!