TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Crane permits filed so we should see the tear down start in the next couple weeks.

Links or photo of the permit?

Not sure why you'd want to see proof when the park announced it's coming down.

yeah i know its coming down. I searched on South whitehalls web page and couldnt find anything. Also drive by the park everyday for work and havent seen a crane.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm probably the only one that cares about this but I was looking at the operating calendar and now another season pass preview was taken away. Originally Friday April 27th was supposed to be for season pass holders, then opening got pushed back another week. WWK had the weekend before Memorial Day weekend May 19th and 20th as open for pass holders only. Sunday the 20th was taken off the calendar and now Saturday the 19th is gone too so that's 3 days of season pass previews taken away. I didn't care about the April day but was looking forward to an extra WWK trip since the water park season is so short.

Finally got a chance to catch up with my friend and when I questioned him about Stinger not coming down he basically said they kept "her" intact for potential buyers but when "she" comes down it will be pretty quick. Found it interest the coaster is considered a female. Nothing spectacular but better than the crickets this place has been.

Finally got a chance to catch up with my friend and when I questioned him about Stinger not coming down he basically said they kept "her" intact for potential buyers but when "she" comes down it will be pretty quick. Found it interest the coaster is considered a female. Nothing spectacular but better than the crickets this place has been.

Well thank GOD we know the coaster in questions gender.

Yep its actually listed on a used ride website currently

http://www.amusement-rides.com/en/product/suspended-boomerang-coaster

Also off topic but according to this site apparently Zanturn was sold

^I bought it. I'm a very wealthy businessman from California who started a campaign called "Save The Boomerang." I've made national news stories. Please don't call me stupid or anything but does anybody have a pickup truck that I can borrow to haul the coaster to my house in the Bay Area? That's how it works, right??

• 2 weeks later...
What a pleasant sight! I’m not sure why I hated this one so much when I actually enjoy the one at Kings Island.

Bring on the GCI or Kanonen or whatever replaces this. I can’t imagine it being worse...

Agreed totally. I really like Invertigo, but Stinger was horrible. That brand new patch of grass will be a big improvement.