Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Yukon Striker Announced! B&M Dive Machine
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
NE Pancake Maker

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby nicman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:17 pm

Why are most of your videos at least 10 min long. I think it would be nice if you could cut them down. It reminds me of all thoses fortnite videos.
Favorite Park: CW
Favorite Ride: Leviathan

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Scott84 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:47 pm

nicman wrote:Why are most of your videos at least 10 min long. I think it would be nice if you could cut them down. It reminds me of all thoses fortnite videos.

I appreciate the videos but I haven't been watching lately as the videos are longer than they need to be. A simpler and shorter intro would be better too.

I am always reminded what my English teacher told me many years ago. You can write a great essay in 1000 words. If you can write the essay in 750 words and get the same point across. It's even better. Although being concise is a skill earned.

I always like the videos and share them with friends when I can to show the appreiciation of his hard work.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby southpuddle » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:53 pm

CedarFair1 wrote:The height range for those that don't want to watch the video is about 240-255 feet.

These predictions have gone from “def first giga dive!!!1!!!” now to just barely taller than Valravn. I’m going to laugh when it’s announced and it’s only 200 feet.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CedarFair1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:40 pm

southpuddle wrote:
CedarFair1 wrote:The height range for those that don't want to watch the video is about 240-255 feet.

These predictions have gone from “def first giga dive!!!1!!!” now to just barely taller than Valravn. I’m going to laugh when it’s announced and it’s only 200 feet.

We have never said it's going to be a GIGA dive. merely entertained the idea with stuff we've seen. We also correct ourselves often too :)
Thanks for the feedback on the length. Will def fix that :)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SbSteveZ » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:06 pm

^ I think my biggest peeve with the videos aside from the overly long introduction, has to be the “I know the info but I won’t tell you even though that’s the title of the video”. To me that screams click bait and because of that I’ve been hesitant to even attempt to watch the videos recently. The worst one was the blueprint one from off the top of my head. If you aren’t willing to share the information, especially if the park asked you not to, then don’t make a video on it and call it “CW BLUEPRINTS???”, you know? It’s misleading and in some cases it’s a cheap way to get viewers. I appreciate the content, and I don’t hate longer videos, but if the entire video on blueprints has almost nothing to do with blueprints, then why watch? You like to sspeculate as we all do, but if you could be more accurate with video titles and if you could try to refine your topics a little more so it’s not an anticlimactic 10 minute long video then I think the content would be much better.

I don’t mean to be rude, I just hope to be offering some constructive criticism. I am admittedly a fan, and love the dedication you have put into this project! :)
Last Coaster: Steel Vengeance @ Cedar Point
100TH COASTER: Steel Force @ Dorney Park
RIDE ON!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby chemical_echo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:46 am

Increased police presence at the park today due to an "unconfirmed and uncorroborated" tip

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby CP Maverick » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:55 am

chemical_echo wrote:Increased police presence at the park today due to an "unconfirmed and uncorroborated" tip

What did you do this time? :oops:
Original Maverick '99

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby PATTYCAKES » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:21 am

Where did you here this Chemical, there is nothing on the internet about any kind of threat?

Did anyone actually stay in the park? To me, it doesn't matter if the tip is confirmed or not. 'BS!" If there is a threat then close then entire place down, no questions asked! I am VERY upset! If there is any threat towards any theme park, then the owners have an obligation to get everyone off the property as soon as the threat happens!

Theme park evacuations do not happens quickly!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby chemical_echo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:52 am

PATTYCAKES wrote:Where did you here this Chemical, there is nothing on the internet about any kind of threat?

It is all over the news, here's the CTV and CBC links, but you can also find info on other news sites and social media.
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/increased-police-presence-in-downtown-toronto-due-to-unconfirmed-uncorroborated-info-1.4010383
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/police-up-patrols-near-cn-tower-1.4743828

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 am

southpuddle wrote:I’m going to laugh when it’s announced and it’s only 200 feet.

No joke! The height doesn't matter that much. Perhaps from a marketing POV, but otherwise a good ride is a good ride.

Meanwhile, a little 78 foot tall woodie gets worlds of love tucked away in a Pennsylvania valley. And a 70 foot tall steel coaster near Chicago with a flat "ramp" drop consistently has the longest line in the park. A good design will have the longest return on investment.
#CPFrontierLift2019

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!