Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Pg. 560 - Skyrider, Togo Standup to close Sept 1st
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Ace Of Spades » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:04 pm

It's times like this I remember how much I appreciate having family that lives an hour from Vaughn. :b

(Also, passed the park twice on the 407 today, I can just picture a giant aqua B&M rising above everything else...it'll look so amazing!)
Last edited by Ace Of Spades on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:08 pm.
Steam|Xbox Live: Mooco2

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.” -Jeremy Clarkson

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:06 pm

^ It'd have to be way bigger then a giga to bee seen from the 407. ;)

Now the 400 on the other hand ....

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:08 pm

I dunno, I saw Wonderland perfectly fine from the 407. Maybe I'm just hallucinating the giant hypercoaster and windseeker in the distance or something. :p
Steam|Xbox Live: Mooco2

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.” -Jeremy Clarkson

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dragon Khan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:10 pm

rollin_n_coastin wrote:This, Hershey and Dollywood. The holy coaster trinity trip 2012. I can't wait!

I think Thursday's announcement is going to be amazing just to see what B&M has up its sleeve for layout and train design. There's still a lot to find out!

I was thinking the exact same thing about Piers. I think there will be a bar up top serving beer before heading down.... ;)

I'm with you on this trip Jason ! :D Same with Nick some posts above :D
Top woodies: 1: Outlaw Run / 2: BoulderDash / 3: El Toro / 4: Phoenix / 5: Tonnerre de Zeus
Top Steelies: 1: DRAGON KHAN / 2: Expedition Geforce / 3: Top Thrill Dragster/ 4: Goliath (Holland) / 5: Superman (Madrid)

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Here's to hoping it doesn't have the new, rattling trains! I imagine we'll see a new train type to further distinguish this from Behemoth (granted, there area parks like Hershey with two Intamins with identical trains). I wonder if we'll see OTSRs, or if B&M will keep it more gentle and stick with the clamshells? Can't wait to find out!

This is really kicking my Canada's Wonderland/New York/SFNE/Lake Componce trip into high gear!
Last Ride: Space Mountain: Mission 2 (DLP)
Next Ride: Intimidator 305 (KD)

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:11 pm

B&M Mega Coaster 2 looks too intense for me

Can't wait to see what it is forreal. I have a feeling I will be going here in 2011.

The Future Mrs. Big Mike!

Postby Pirouettes907 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:28 pm

I about fell off my seat when I saw the "giga" part.

Can it be true? Never, ever thought we'd see B&M heading in that direction--but if this is, in fact, what's going to happen...that's so unexpected...so interesting to see how it will be done...so awesome to see how it's going to differ from Behemoth...and...well, pardon me, but intelligent words are about to cease as I regress to a level of stereotypical teenage girl squealing.

=) =) =)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:35 pm

harper83087 wrote:Well if that tag is correct, and I'm going to go ahead and say it is, then my theory from an hour ago is dead in the water.....hello B&M giga :airtime:

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if there's a pecking order in which B&M has their track delivered, whether it be just load it and go or furthest from the staging area first etc., but that piece on the truck looks to be the slanted brake runs that hold the LIMs. Could that be the rumored launch as well? I would assume they'd use LIMs instead of hydraulics

That would be the sloped brakerun & mag brakes.Carowinds Intimidator has an angled brake run that levels out as it turns into the station.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:38 pm

I'm glad people are going back to building enormous traditional coasters. It's amazing that the first two traditional gigacoasters opened a few months from each other and there wasn't another one for almost a decade. The rocket coasters are neat... but they don't hold a candle to traditional coasters.

Postby ernierocker » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Jakizle wrote: I have a feeling I will be going here in 2011.

Hopefully, you could then make it back in 2012 as well. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!