Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 877 - Two new flat rides coming in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby emery96 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:54 pm

^^Rutherford Contracting maybe?
http://www.ruthcon.ca/

My uncle owns a country place that no one knows about

Postby PriestofSyrinx » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:04 pm

I could see this having inversions. Like the world's largest loop. So it can be different from Behemoth some way.

Whatever it is, I think i could be a precursor to what Cedar Point could get in 2013...
Favs: Maverick/Mindbender/Magnum/Goliath/Voyage

Will find a Rush reference in your post, whether its there or not!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 99er » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:08 pm

chemical_echo wrote:The thing that gets me about the tags is that they say Rutherford. Rutherford Rd is the road on the complete opposite end of the park from where construction is happening.
So either this thing will span the park (unlikely) or Rutherford is some different thing and this is just a coincidence (likely)

Is there a gate off of that road that the trucks would enter through for the delivery? Something like the "Rutherford Road Gate"?
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 pm

Yes there is a gate off the Rutherford entrance however all the shipments are coming in from the employee entrance off of Jane, just north of Major Mackenzie.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Thom25 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:56 pm

I completely agree that this ride could be the predecessor for CP in 2013.

I don't think this will be a traditional giga, since it will be too much like Behemoth. We'll find out soon enough, but since every 4D is well over 200 feet, I wouldn't be surprised to see this being B&M's first 4D coaster.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:24 pm

^ I highly doubt that B&M would want to build both their first coaster of this size AND their first ever 4D coaster in the same project. B&M are a bit more conservative for that.

While I do think it would be more than a bit "odd" to have two non-looping giant B&M coasters in one park, I guess I have to ask how bad would it be if they had two giant B&M non-looping coasters in the park?

I mean, Behemoth was really good and probably my favorite B&M hyper (and that actually says a LOT), and if this next one is just as good, is that really such a bad thing?

It's better than having a B&M invert and an SLC! =)

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby BaMiTsPaT » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 pm

With Behemoth being so new, I wonder if a similar ride would make it much less popular, or if it will only slightly reduce the wait times.
Coaster Count: 200 Wood:35 Steel: 165

Favorite Steel: Maverick (CP)
Favorite Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv.)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby emery96 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:45 pm

^Given Wonderland's collection of coasters, I think it will only slightly reduce the wait times...

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PCW_Nut » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:49 am

robbalvey wrote:I mean, Behemoth was really good and probably my favorite B&M hyper (and that actually says a LOT), and if this next one is just as good, is that really such a bad thing?

It's better than having a B&M invert and an SLC! =)

Couldn't agree more. If it was just a giga out and back for example, I guess the record that Mr Kinzel is talking about breaking would probably be a length or airtime thing more then anything.

Just a little over 24hours remain. We will all find out at about 7am tomorrow morning, Eastern Time of course ;)

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:52 am

BaMiTsPaT wrote:With Behemoth being so new, I wonder if a similar ride would make it much less popular, or if it will only slightly reduce the wait times.

Nah, it'll make the park a lot more popular ;).

It's a dream scenario really. We'll be happy for a very long time and lines should be consistently busy for both mega structures during peak summer months. The line problems are essentially with the smaller coasters so the non-dare devils who feel like passing out when they just look at Behemoth will hopefully enjoy slightly shorter lines.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!