Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Pg. 835 - New for 2017 - Flat Ride & Slides
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:55 am

larrygator wrote:You were not temporarily banned for pointing it out. You were temporarily banned for being a DICK when pointing it out.

EXACTLY! And if you continue to be obnoxious. Jarmor, you will find your next ban won't be "temporary."

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby KI Kidd » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:26 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:
KI Kidd wrote:Personally I would think CW wouldn't want anyone saying that their new ride was similar to anything else. Parks want their rides to be the "first/tallest/fastest/most exciting/perfect for families/etc" not "kinda like that other ride."

Tomb Raider
Italian Job
Top Gun
Sky Rider
The Bat
Dragon Fire

I worded that poorly. I should have said parks don't market their rides as similar to other rides. They want their new rides to be seen as exciting and unique.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Dietcokevan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:17 am

^Heres how if this is a giga CW should market it.

"Canada's only/first giga coaster."

Even if it is a giga and similar to Behemoth if you market it as the "only/first" the GP won't think of it as similar to Behemoth.
Offical fanboy of Shea Weber.

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:21 am

I kind of like the idea of CW going for some records for once- and not just the crowds on a typical day.

As much as I'm looking forward to HP's SkyRush (Gee, no surprise there or anything!) I'm also looking forward to seeing this new 'whatever type of coaster it is' at CW; Another high-capacity coaster is REALLY needed there.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:16 pm

larrygator wrote: You were not temporarily banned for pointing it out. You were temporarily banned for being a DICK when pointing it out.

hey, I thought that was protocol... :p :lmao:

Anyway...back to this presumed giga coaster...
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Schotcher » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:20 pm

Imagine CW actually didn't have a Giga planned and they CW looked at this website and screamed and so for the past weeks they've been running around trying to get rights to a Giga...haha

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby KDCOASTERFAN » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:24 pm

KI Kidd wrote:Personally I would think CW wouldn't want anyone saying that their new ride was similar to anything else. Parks want their rides to be the "first/tallest/fastest/most exciting/perfect for families/etc" not "kinda like that other ride."

As for what it is...I would be thrilled to see B&M jump into the giga business. It would seem odd however to add another B&M airtime machine so soon. This would have to be similar in design to Raging Bull to make sense. Should be fun to watch this unfold.

Well it's been four years since their last coaster so this does seem like a good time for a new ride.Seems like B&M may have figured out that if Intamin can build two gigas thus far & have them run consistently well at the parks they're in then the time is right for them to enter the market as well,not to mention the market saturation for their other designs minus the DM.

This reminds me of the debate we had over I305 when parts began showing up...especially the base of the lift when everyone swore it was gonna be a vertical coaster like HP's & it turned out to be a giga after all....should be interesting to see how this unfolds.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Brother Jay » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:36 pm

^^ also can't forget that all we got for our 30th Birthday this/last year was the wind avoiding seeker of wind.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby twisted_logic12 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:08 pm

My opinion was always that a 250 ft wing rider was most likely, but the Gary Slade quote changes my mind. Hershey Park is getting a 200ft coaster which looks like it is going to be a great ride in Skyrush, and if he says this is the ride he cant wait to ride I would assume the idea of a giga coming north of the border isn't that hard to imagine. It would alleviate a lot of the foot traffic on the behemoth side of the park to, all of the rides worth riding are on that side of the park. Fingers crossed for the Giga, please no invert Wonderland.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Brother Jay wrote:all we got for our 30th Birthday this/last year was the wind avoiding seeker of wind.

To be fair, that ride which is "all you got" had HUGE lines at both Kings Island and Cedar Point during our visit. And while it might not be the most thrilling ride in the world to us thrill seekers and enthusiasts, it seemed to do a pretty good job of scaring the crap out of people who normally don't view the earth from 300 feet in the air.

Not everything a park builds is going to be for "you."

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!