Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Yukon Striker Announced! B&M Dive Machine
Users viewing this topic: ThemeParkJunkie51290 and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Scott84 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:15 pm

I went to Wonderland on Sunday Oct. 29th. The park was dead. The ride attendants insisted we keep staying on the rides and keep the fun going.

We got in at 10am. No rides seemed to be running until about 10:20am. We were able to go on all the major rides but Leviathan which wasn't running. We hit the Wonderland Store where everything was 50% off. We were out of the park just before 12.

The wooden coasters did nor run. Infact, they didn't even test them while I was there. I could see the track covered in snow not touched from the previous snowfall. Top Gun ahem... Flight Deck was only running one train. Time Warp wasn't running either.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby lord denning » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:53 am

Scott84 wrote:I went to Wonderland on Sunday Oct. 29th. The park was dead. The ride attendants insisted we keep staying on the rides and keep the fun going.

We got in at 10am. No rides seemed to be running until about 10:20am. We were able to go on all the major rides but Leviathan which wasn't running. We hit the Wonderland Store where everything was 50% off. We were out of the park just before 12.

The wooden coasters did nor run. Infact, they didn't even test them while I was there. I could see the track covered in snow not touched from the previous snowfall. Top Gun ahem... Flight Deck was only running one train. Time Warp wasn't running either.

This does not bode well for a meaningful ride selection for winterfest.
Using Tapatalk

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:56 am

lord denning wrote:This does not bode well for a meaningful ride selection for winterfest.

It's Cedar Fair, you shouldn't have expected one anyway. :lol:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Doppel Looping » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:56 pm

For what it is worth, there were plenty of rides open for the amount of people in the park when i was there. I don't think i waited more than a ride cycle on anything. The ride ops moved quickly even though it was not busy.

I have been to a lot of parks and Wonderland is among the best for ride operations and cleanliness. The food is unacceptably bad, but the rides are great.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:10 pm

The food is unacceptably bad, but the rides are great.

Really? I think Wonderland has some of the best (and unique offerings of) food in the chain. What specifically are you referring to? Just curious.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Stealth1 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:18 pm

I find the food average at best. They really are missing a signature sit down restaurant. I would love to have a restaurant like Melt at Wonderland.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sledgehammer_77 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:26 pm

I'm hoping that with some of the leftover land on Skyriders plot will be home to a sit down restaraunt.... maybe another flat as well.
1. Steel Vengance 2. Maverick 3. Behemoth 4. Leviathan 5. Millennium Force

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:54 am

Stealth1 wrote:I find the food average at best. They really are missing a signature sit down restaurant. I would love to have a restaurant like Melt at Wonderland.

I don't know of many chain parks that have signature sit down restaurants. Melt is a pretty big exception.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SbSteveZ » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:30 am

I’ve found that the issue with the food is more so the god awful service. It’s a theme park so I don’t expect the food to be stellar but when you add in an awful experience then that just makes it so much worse. Why do I have to wait 20 minutes on a slow day to get a burger that I had to “re order” three times as an extremely unmotivated employee stares blankly at me each time I do it?

My other issue is the fact that some of the drink machines they have don’t even work yet they keep them on the food counters. And not that it doesn’t work, but they don’t really take care of replacing the cartridges in the freestyles. Most times over the season when I’d go to use one (with the season pass refill) id end up getting water because the many things I wanted they didn’t have.

Such a shame for such an otherwise great theme park
Last Coaster: Steel Vengeance @ Cedar Point
100TH COASTER: Steel Force @ Dorney Park
RIDE ON!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jazma » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 am

^^ Cedar Point and Knott's both have sit down Johnny Rockets too.

Knott's has Ghost Town Grill as a sit down restaurants, for years...since like the 1940's. And of course outside the park is the Chicken Dinner Restaurant and TGIF.

Cedar Point also has sit down restaurants directly outside park gates, such as Famous Dave's, Tomo Hibachi, TGIF, and Perkins.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!