Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 877 - Two new flat rides coming in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Does anyone care about this "trilogy" besides enthusiasts? I don't think the park would go with a terrible name like Ziz just for the sake of completing a trilogy. Leviathan and Behemoth are great names but Ziz just sounds hilariously dumb IMO.
Credits: 170, give or take, depending on how one counts
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @american_thrills

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby CP Maverick » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:11 pm

As Leviathan is the king of fishes, so the Ziz is appointed to rule over the birds. His name comes from the variety of tastes his flesh has; it tastes like this, zeh, and like that, zeh. The Ziz is as monstrous of size as Leviathan himself. His ankles rest on the earth, and his head reaches to the very sky.

It once happened that travelers on a vessel noticed a bird. As he stood in the water, it merely covered his feet, and his head knocked against the sky. The onlookers thought the water could not have any depth at that point, and they prepared to take a bath there. A heavenly voice warned them: "Alight not here! Once a carpenter's axe slipped from his hand at this spot, and it took it seven years to touch bottom." The bird the travelers saw was none other than the Ziz. His wings are so huge that unfurled they darken the sun. They protect the earth against the storms of the south; without their aid the earth would not be able to resist the winds blowing thence. (Aggadah)
Original Maverick '99

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby CedarFair1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGZdtFui_Ko&feature=youtu.be

Blueprints have been spotted and an update on the lift hill area that connects this coaster to Valravn

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby CP Maverick » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:46 pm

You've put a lot of work into scouting the area. Do you have your notes/map/etc visible online somewhere?
Original Maverick '99

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:48 pm

I just asked my co-worker if he'd heard of Behemoth... He said yes. I asked if he'd heard of Leviathan... He said yes. I asked about Ziz... Never heard of it. It's for this reason that I'm skeptical of the name. Everybody immediately knows what to visualize with the first two beasts, as they're fairly mainstream. Ziz, not at all. Now, Cedar Fair has shown no aversion to naming coasters random mythical beasts nobody's heard of before (Rougarou, Valravn), so it's certainly still a possibility. However, I just have a feeling that while it WILL be themed to a mythical flying beast, that DIVES down at its prey, it won't be the Hebrew Ziz. It'll probably be something that more immediately conjures up images in the average potential park-goer's head, rather than something they need to know a backstory on.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Sledgehammer_77 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:28 am

Haha during my very little research with a colleague of mine, I Predict they speak for literally hundreds of millions of people.

Welp there you have it folks. No one knows about Ziz.

I never heard of any of these names prior to their construction. But I learned enough about them afterwards. If people can get behind Rougarou God damnit, they can get behind this one too..... but they have to wait for the next coaster first. ;)

Postby SbSteveZ » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:38 am

It’s been about 5 days already and I tcould have been mentioned here before, but that path that was open behind Timberwolf has been closed once again, probably for good this time. (Until next year that is)
D6ABD252-74BB-48D5-9C19-4414D5F0817A.jpeg
Total Coasters: 84 Total Steel: 72 Total Wood: 12
Last Coaster: Leviathan @ Wonderland
80TH COASTER: The Beast @ Kings Island
RIDE ON!

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Sledgehammer_77 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:47 am

Maybe they will start clearing land for future buildings along the path. I'd reckon it would have to mostly be done before the winter in order to open in time for next season.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby thirstydeer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:50 pm

I'm highly skeptical about the dive coaster being called Ziz. The whole area surrounding and leading up to the ride has been re-themed to a very "Canadian" style. What was the entrance of the queue leading into SkyRider is now a long path with nice dark wooden light poles and log style railing leading towards where the station seems to be being put in place.

Postby SbSteveZ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:10 am

Based on the little bit I saw when I was there it looks like the ride entrance area is going to be near Minebuster, so I wonder if the retheming of the pathways over near Flying Canoes and what not is really going to impact much. It seems as though this coaster is going to be moving across a couple different areas of the park, so though Cedar Fair isn’t usually one to care all too much about themeing, if they were going to base the attractions name off of where it exists in the park, it’s entrance would be in or very close to Action Zone where Behemoth resides so a less Canadiana theme may just make sense. Not saying Ziz is the answer but I feel like this one won’t be as cut and dry as some may currently think
Total Coasters: 84 Total Steel: 72 Total Wood: 12
Last Coaster: Leviathan @ Wonderland
80TH COASTER: The Beast @ Kings Island
RIDE ON!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!