Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 877 - Two new flat rides coming in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:52 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Also is it just me or does Cedar Fair seem to have a fetish for wood and timber themed rides lately?

They do everywhere but with this, Soaring Timbers and some of their other recent additions I feel like they're pushing it really hard at Wonderland. I sort of feel like they're trying to make everything feel as Canadian as possible but it's a really cliche Canadian theme. Just theme everything to timber, pine trees and rocks. Oh... and put a f*cking bear out front for no reason. Canadians love bears. The waterslide? I don't know, name it... Muskoka plunge. Google says that Muskoka is a place in Canada. It's perfect. Market research complete. 99% of park guests arrive to the park riding a moose. They love that sh*t. :lol:

Last edited by coasterbill on Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:00 am.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:54 am

boldikus wrote:How about that Ziz? :lol:

Ziz is hopefully the name of next year's kiddie area expansion.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:01 am

coasterbill wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Also is it just me or does Cedar Fair seem to have a fetish for wood and timber themed rides lately?

They do everywhere but with this, Soaring Timbers and some of their other recent additions I feel like they're pushing it really hard at Wonderland. I sort of feel like they're trying to make everything feel as Canadian as possible but it's a really cliche Canadian theme. Just theme everything to timber pine trees. Oh... and put a f*cking bear out front for no reason. Canadians love bears. The waterslide? I don't know, name it... Muskoka plunge. Google says that Muskoka is a place in Canada. It's perfect. Market research complete. 99% of park guests arrive to the park riding a moose. They love that sh*t. :lol:

:lol:

They are missing out on a Meet the Mountie greeting area and a water slide called Niagara Falls.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby coastin_dude » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:39 am

Canada's Wonderland is going through what KD went through; A coaster drought.

And the GP is ANGRY. As if they were expecting a coaster with no teasers and no construction.
Coaster Count: 107
Favorite Steel: Fury 325/Favorite Wood: Boulder Dash
Home Park: Kings Dominion
Worst Coaster: Ninja (SFOG)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:42 am

Lumberjack looks good. This park just kills it in the flat ride department. The variety (and quality!) they have is outstanding. They could add 5 more roller coasters back-to-back and still be a well-rounded park. Impressive!
Steel: 145 -- Wood: 27 -- Total: 172
Twitter & Instagram: @nlamoreaux99

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:43 am

coastin_dude wrote:And the GP is ANGRY

I see tons of whiny enthusiasts bitching on their Facebook page. "The GP" seems fine.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby PATTYCAKES » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:19 am

Can anyone please tell me how to get a zillion points on Wonder Mountain Guardian. The most I seem to be able to get is around 250,00.
Thanks.

:mickey:

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CedarFair1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Looks like teasing for 2019 has started really early with the rumours of a hotel and coaster coming in 2019.
Screenshot (2).png

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Location: 2 hours and a border crossing from the nearest theme park, Cedar Point.

Postby TheJewelOfJool » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Ziz confirmed guys.

/s

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:They are missing out on a Meet the Mountie greeting area and a water slide called Niagara Falls.

errr... uhhh... (taken at Wonderland, lol) -- so ridiculous. also: we watched the the Cirque Canadien show, it was absolutely hilarious. The stereotypes, just, wow... hockey players making music with their sticks? Check. Raccoons doing sketch comedy? Check. Lumberjacks doing flips? Check.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!