Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Yukon Striker Announced! B&M Dive Machine
Users viewing this topic: gcw23 and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Doppel Looping » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:54 am

lord denning wrote: I really like how they incorporated the rides and lake together. Query though on the tunnel - does anyone else think it is strange the tunnel is only for the pull out after the vertical drop is finished. Oblivion and Sheikra both have the tunnels start during the vertical portion of the drop.

Without checking rcdb, i presume the ys drop is higher. This would mean more speed and a longer pullout. It would require a deeper tunnel if you started pullout after entering it.
If the tunnel is deeper than 60’ it would be considered a subway and be subject to service cuts, short turns, broken air conditioning and “tunnel fuzz”.
Hope that helps.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:59 am

Doppel Looping wrote:This would mean more speed and a longer pullout. It would require a deeper tunnel if you started pullout after entering it.

Doppel Looping wrote:“tunnel fuzz”

TWSS.gif

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:41 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:So if I am understanding the stats correctly, Yukon is the exact same height as Valravn. It just has a longer drop and is faster since it goes underground, right? For some reason it still seems taller to me but I guess that could be because Valravn is part of a more competitive skyline.

Maybe it might have something to do with it being less overshadowed at a park like CW, vs CP.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby lord denning » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Dom497 wrote:
lord denning wrote:I didn't take pictures this weekend but at the turnaround for YS near the Flying Canoes - there seems to be going up some pretty cool rusted steel theming

That's not theming. It's shoring (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoring).

It looked pretty high and permanent - could be both. Never thought about Shoring. Good catch.
Using Tapatalk

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby lord denning » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Doppel Looping wrote:
lord denning wrote: I really like how they incorporated the rides and lake together. Query though on the tunnel - does anyone else think it is strange the tunnel is only for the pull out after the vertical drop is finished. Oblivion and Sheikra both have the tunnels start during the vertical portion of the drop.

Without checking rcdb, i presume the ys drop is higher. This would mean more speed and a longer pullout. It would require a deeper tunnel if you started pullout after entering it.
If the tunnel is deeper than 60’ it would be considered a subway and be subject to service cuts, short turns, broken air conditioning and “tunnel fuzz”.
Hope that helps.

I wasn't suggesting tunnel go deeper - rather start above ground mid-drop ala Sheikra

Using Tapatalk

Postby Doppel Looping » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:34 pm

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby PATTYCAKES » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:52 pm

lord denning wrote:
Doppel Looping wrote:

Hope that helps.

I wasn't suggesting tunnel go deeper - rather start above ground mid-drop ala Sheikra

Wow! That's looks a lot better than a block of concrete eh?
But then again, Canada's Wonderland has never had a lot of theming anywhere. :mickey:

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby SbSteveZ » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:56 am

^ for an AMUSEMENT park, Canada’s Wonderland has some pretty great theming. Midevil Faire immediately comes to mind. The shops and what not all have that old English towne feel to them, which is modernized and emphasized with Leviathan’s station. The simple yet effective Canadiana theming is also evident through out the new Frontier Canada, and action zone definitely feels like action zone with how things are set up and organized. Just because it’s not Disney Quality does not mean it’s non-existent. Canada’s Wonderland is one of the most beautiful parks I’ve been to and I give some of that credit to its colorful and intracate nature. Even international street, it’s a phenomenal front entrance to the park! Darien Lake has a big ole alley of asphalt with two food stands and a gift shop that lead towards a small fountain and another gift shop. Canada’s wonderland probably has more stores and theming in its entry plaza than Darien Lake has in its entirety - and Darien Lake is technically referred to as “Darien Lake Theme Park Resort”, where wonderland is “Canada’s Premiere Amusement Park”. They know they aren’t about theming but they do it anyways!
Last Coaster: Steel Vengeance @ Cedar Point
100TH COASTER: Steel Force @ Dorney Park
RIDE ON!

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Sledgehammer_77 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:57 am

Also looking at the natural beauty with multiple bodies of water that interact with rides, a forest like vibe that goes into Frontier Canada and both kids areas that makes you feel like you're not beside one of North America's busiest highways. All of the flowers that wow you when you enter the park is a nice addition too.

As well as it being centred around a mountain that makes Magic Mountain blush!
1. Steel Vengance 2. Maverick 3. Behemoth 4. Leviathan 5. Millennium Force

Postby Doppel Looping » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:02 pm

^^
Nice advertising copy. Canadas wonderland: Now with better themeing than darien lake.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!