Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Yukon Striker Announced! B&M Dive Machine
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby CedarFair1 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 am

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Sledgehammer_77 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:14 am

Auburn seems like a great colour to use in and around the woods too! I'm hoping that the grey is a primer.... it wouldn't reach the visual potential that way.
I'm still hoping for a 280 ft lift and a 20ft tunnel to make it a giga!
And you still have me intrigued saying there are more surprises haha.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Sweet. I'm not gonna lie, I am a little surprised Cedar Fair is building another B&M Dive that's just as big (at the minimum) or bigger than Valravn. Usually they're not the ones to steal their own records in such short time, especially from a ride at Cedar Point.

I'm really hoping this thing has 10-across seating with regular restraints, but this is Cedar Fair so there is about a 0% chance of that happening. But I can dream.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby khristopher » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:48 pm

I doubt this will be called My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why or the other name for My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why, but I think we will see My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why in the future as a wing coaster. Has anyone checked to see if My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why was ever trademarked by Cedar Fair?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:03 am

Sledgehammer_77 wrote:Haha during my very little research with a colleague of mine, I Predict they speak for literally hundreds of millions of people.

Welp there you have it folks. No one knows about My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why.

:roll:

Not that your snarky jab deserves a response, but I've been around for quite a while, and have known about Behomoth and Leviathan for quite a while, and have known them to be a commonly known thing for quite a while. That was simply one of MANY conversations I've had over the years, pointed out to prove a point. A point that shouldn't even be up for debate: My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why isn't even remotely as well known of a name for a mythical (or biblical) beast. I've been in religious circles my entire life, and have never heard that name before this thread. I would wager a lot of money, that outside of orthodox Jews, who study the original Hebrew texts, that a percentage of society upwards of 85% have never heard that name. It's not in any of the modern translations of the Bible, so it's not going to be well known. Now, none of that is to say CF wouldn't pull something unknown out of their tail for this coaster (Rougarou, Valravn), and I'm not even saying there's no way it'll be that. But my point stands: when you say Behemoth and Leviathan, most people, especially if they have even a cursory religious upbringing, will have an image in their mind. Say My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why... You're going to get almost exclusively blank faces. This knowledge isn't through "very little research," it's through many years of life experience, and common sense...

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Sweet. I'm not gonna lie, I am a little surprised Cedar Fair is building another B&M Dive that's just as big (at the minimum) or bigger than Valravn. Usually they're not the ones to steal their own records in such short time, especially from a ride at Cedar Point.

Honestly, I think one of the reasons this project has been longer in coming than many initially suspected, is due to this reason. Valravn had a good couple of years to bask in the glory of being the #1 Dive Coaster (at least based on stats - experience may vary), and gather raves at CP, and now they've debuted a new hotness there, and Valravn is yesterday's news. Now, when new coaster season rolls around for 2019, CF will again be unleashing a huge, record breaking Dive Coaster (assuming that's the magnitude of this coaster), which will likely be the largest investment at any CF park for that year, and will have the spotlight, and the attention of the masses, who are mesmerized by these things (regardless of how popular they are with enthusiasts.) I know I'm already planning to get my Passport finally, and get back to CW next year, as I will now have this AND Leviathan to check out!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:08 am

I can't wait until this ride is announced and its not called My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:15 am

boldikus wrote:I can't wait until this ride is announced and its not called My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why.

:lol: :nina:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Afterburner » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:33 am

boldikus wrote:I can't wait until this ride is announced and its not called My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why.

Which will obviously be because Canada's Wonderland is saving My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why for something more appropriate, either a flyer or a wing coaster.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:00 am

Just be glad it's not Six Flags, because they'd probably name a dive coaster Harley Quinn Spinsanity.
1. Millennium Force | 2. New Texas Giant | 3. Outlaw Run | 4. Maverick | 5. Iron Rattler | 6. The Voyage | 7. Goliath (SFGAm) | 8. Time Traveler | 9. Raging Bull | 10. Diamondback

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Prof Kaos » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 am

:nina:
1 - Banshee 2 - Behemoth 3 - Mystic Timbers
4 - Vampire 5 - Leviathan 6 - Goliath (La Ronde)
7 - Diamondback 8 - Vortex (CW)
9 - The Beast 10 - Flight of Fear

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!