TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

at least for lunch, I strongly suggest going to the plaza across from the park- the Subway there is literally half the price of the ones in the park! it can get pretty busy during the summer though so you might have to eat it outside or on the hill by the wonderland parking lot. there also a pretty cheap decent pizza place, Popular Pizza, further down the plaza.

Canada's Wonderland is now offering a season long fast lane plus. The price jump from the smaller parks is pretty large, they are charging $499. Although based on attendance and lines the price is what I expected. If it was my home park I would buy it.

I think some parks like Carowinds had prices which were too low at only $125. At this point I believe Knott's, Kings Island, and Cedar Point the only parks which have not offered season long fast lane yet? I would like to see a chain wide pass next year maybe around $749, although it would likely be $999.

Holy empty wallets, Batman! The season pass with Fast Lane Plus is over five and a half times the cost of a regular season pass! How does that even work?!?

By that logic, a chain-wide season / Fast Lane Plus pass would cost just a hair over $1,200...

I think the problem is that they only charge $69 (CAD) for FL+ on the busiest days, and only $50 on the less crowded days, so for it to be worth it you need to visit a **LOT**. Especially for only half a season with no Haunt. For Cedar point they charge over $100 for single day FL+ during the crowded season and that pricing would make more sense. Just crazy pricing IMO. I would say 4x-5x the single day Fast Lane on the busiest tier would make sense (so $349 Canadian). For the smaller parks they didn't charge 8x the cost of a single Fast Lane to break even.

I doubt they will sell many. And the people who do buy it probably don't realize they need to visit at least 8 times for it to be cost effective.

I have a platinum pass and my home park is Canada's Wonderland. I go many times a year and I never buy Fast Lane. I just don't think its worth it as if you have a seasons pass you will end up riding many of the rides multiple times anyway. As far as the Fast Lane season pass, I don't see them selling many cause of the price. The reason I say that, is cause they already have a hard time selling platinum passes and those are half the price. For some reason it seems not many people that go to Canada's Wonderland now about the Platinum pass or that there is other parks they can go to with it.

I think the best way for them to advertise it more, is when they show the POV's of other coasters from coasters from other parks, add a little thing at the end saying you could visit that park for free with a platinum pass. Like I said earlier in this thread, of the 3 Cedar Fair parks I have visited this year, Canada's Wonderland is the only one that really doesn't promote the Platinum pass.

I think the problem is that they only charge $69 (CAD) for FL+ on the busiest days, and only $50 on the less crowded days, so for it to be worth it you need to visit a **LOT**. Especially for only half a season with no Haunt. For Cedar point they charge over $100 for single day FL+ during the crowded season and that pricing would make more sense. Just crazy pricing IMO. I would say 4x-5x the single day Fast Lane on the busiest tier would make sense (so $349 Canadian). For the smaller parks they didn't charge 8x the cost of a single Fast Lane to break even.

I doubt they will sell many. And the people who do buy it probably don't realize they need to visit at least 8 times for it to be cost effective.

I remember paying $108 for Fast Lane at Cedar Point and being completely satisfied with the purchase... and that was on a rainy day! But I just couldn’t justify $499 for an all-season Fast Lane, unless CP was offering it and I lived like 5 min. away. Canada’s Wonderland just doesn’t have the lineup to justify a purchase that big. Their flat rides are nice, and Laviathan is cool and all, but not $500 cool.

Really the only parks that can get away with that price, in my opinion, are Cedar Point and Six Flags Magic Mountian, and those two are still pushing it.

Really the only parks that can get away with that price, in my opinion, are Cedar Point and Six Flags Magic Mountain, and those two are still pushing it.

Magic Mountain offers an all season gold flash pass for $499 USD; at least they are open the entire year, and they charge more for their flash pass on a single given day ($70-$90), so it makes more sense. But I still don't understand the logic for Wonderland especially this late in the season. I'm curious how many they will end up selling.

The $69 single day pass should not be directly compared to the $499 because the season long pass includes tax. Including the 13 percent tax it is $78 vs $499. Which means it would take 6.4 trips or rounded up at least 7 days to break even.

It does seem a little late to be offering this at this price.

The $69 single day pass should not be directly compared to the $499 because the season long pass includes tax. Including the 13 percent tax it is $78 vs $499. Which means it would take 6.4 trips or rounded up at least 7 days to break even.

It does seem a little late to be offering this at this price.

Interesting, you're right. The price goes down when you add it to cart and then the tax brings it up to that price: 05c9ed356aea3a680a2bb140587b2080.jpg

I can't recall them charging tax INSIDE the park, though, from the advertised price... they are definitely charging it online though -- in addition to the rate posted.

316c743bb91871b93e9bc05af4910e08.jpg

None of the other Cedar Fair parks charge tax on the advertised price for FastLane as far as I'm aware, like they are at Wonderland. I have bought it both online and at the park and no tax was charged at Cedar Point. Can't say for sure about the other parks in the chain.

813b1bcead808b1a25815a2e7a00d87f.jpg

Then again, it's Canada we're talking about

Good catch.

Just reporting back here. Visited the park for the first time on Wednesday. Got let through front gates at 9:30 and walked to Guardian first. Was an interesting little ride, though it could use a few more screens. Worked our way clockwise. Some quick reviews.

Guardian: Yeah, this was interesting in concept. Seems like they need a few more screens to beef the ride up a bit. The drop at the end was nice. 5/10 for creativity

Behemoth: This was solid. Just an abundance of decently forceful airtime. A little too much speed cut at the brake run, but the ride is really solid. Definitely up there with Nitro as my favorite, though Nitro wins for the forcefulness of the helix. 8.5/10

Backlot Stunt Coaster: They don't even attempt to fix the show scene, instead removing the brakes and just pushing you right through it. 5/10

Flight Deck: Just much worse than I remember these ever being. Talked to someone later who really enjoyed it, so I just don't know. 1/10

Time Warp: not quite as bad, but I was bracing myself the whole time. Girl next to me told her friend the ride didn't flip you, it just went slow. 2/10

Mighty Canadian Minebuster: I don't really understand this ride. Has the layout been neutered over the years. Seems like all the hills have been flattened to remove all possible airtime. The part before the helix where your train is on an angle for a couple seconds in preparation for the turn are just bizarre. Not rough, just incredibly pointless. 4/10

Leviathan: rode this twice. it really really shines in the front. The feeling of the wind in your face at that speed is just something else. The ride does feel a bit short, but I understand and don't mind so much. Line moved really fast. 8.51/10 (I'm giving it the slightest nudge on Behemoth)

Dragon Fire: Yeah, this is basic. But riding in the second to last row seemed to make this ride pretty alright. Honestly better than a lot of the stuff here. 6/10

Wild Beast: Not memorable enough for me to really know if I liked it more than the other full size woodie. 4/10

The Bat: Boo, this was not for me. Really wasn't that rough, but I tend to not do too well when I go backwards through inversions.

Vortex: I'm a huge sucker for these rides. They are so incredibly pleasant and easy to re-ride. Nice little touch that it heads up the mountain. 7/10

Thunder Run: Not technically a coaster, still interesting. Scenery seemed awfully dark. Noticed VR experience for season pass holders? No one was using it when we were there. 4/10

The Fly: Eh. 4/10

Silver Streak: 4/10 (baby death); I've always loved how Kings Island had such a great kiddy land. Same is true here.

Ghoaster Coaster: 5/10, best wooden coaster in the park.

Other notes:

Canadian exchange rate certainly helped us out on tickets and food. I can't imagine paying for the food if the exchange rate were closer to 1:1. We ate at Backlot Cafe and paid $30 for two meals and a drink. It was average.

Games being $5 each cannot encourage people to play. Especially with 4 person minimums to play.

This park must be absolutely horrible on a nice weekend day. There were significant crowds mid day before it rained everyone out of the park.

The park would benefit from a train and log flume.

PRO TIP: The Tim Horton's in the park on main street is priced comparably to the other locations. They don't serve breakfast sandwiches, but they do have donuts for $1.19, frozen lemonade for $2.50, bagels with cream cheese, etc. So if you don't mind filling up on donuts all day, you could get by pretty cheap.

The park is nice for what it is. I feel that Cedar Point has a significantly better collection of coasters, but to each his/her own. A thought that struck me is how many coasters at this park are no longer being produced. Makes me wonder what park's lineups will look like in 30 years once most of these types of coasters are extinct. Looking at what parks are generally adding to parks, they've been honing in on the few coaster styles that are most popular. I dunno, just a ramblinlg.

Thanks for reading!

Mighty Canadian Minebuster: I don't really understand this ride. Has the layout been neutered over the years. Seems like all the hills have been flattened to remove all possible airtime.

Yeah, the layout's been modified, to the coaster's great detriment. Hill profiles were changed so they could fit the waterpark in, I believe at one point two hills were joined into one long, entirely pointless hill so they could stuff something else beneath it. I never had the chance to ride it before the changes, but it's definitely not much of a coaster now.

http://www.bnn.ca/canada-s-wonderland-poised-for-something-interesting-amid-hints-of-new-hotel-1.804930#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=Facebook&_gsc=aTTGd3M

Two video's both of Matt Ouimet both talking about Canada's Wonderlands interesting future <3

Canada’s Wonderland could be in for its biggest upgrade since Cedar Fair purchased Canada’s largest amusement park from CBS Corp back in 2006 – including a potential expansion that would turn Wonderland into a full-out resort with a hotel on its park grounds.

“Canada’s Wonderland is going to get something interesting coming up,” Cedar Fair CEO Matt Ouimet told BNN in an exclusive interview Thursday. “Toronto is one of our most important markets.”

Cedar Fair has recently started getting into the hotel business, building five hotels on some of its 11 resorts, and Canada’s Wonderland is likely to be home to the next one.

“Management expects to announce details on branded flagged hotel properties in Toronto and Charlotte by year-end 2017,” wrote Tim Conder, an analyst at Wells Fargo, in a note to clients after a recent trip to Canada’s Wonderland.

“We have identified Canada's Wonderland as a desirable location where we are considering expanding our resort accommodations,” a Cedar Fair spokesperson told BNN via email. “However, no announcements have been made at this time.”

While Canada’s Wonderland lists itself as a 379-acre park, 79 acres remain undeveloped.

“We take things out when we put things in,” said Ouimet. “We do think resorts help make [amusement parks] more of a full-day experience.”

CW has no room for hotels unlike other parks like CP to make it look good. No matter were they put it, I do not think its gonna look good. Hotels for me would just increase the attendance, which is not exactly a good thing knowing the state of CW now.

As I see it, there is only 1 possibility. In that case, at least the Hotels will be close to the new Hospital being built.

Capture.thumb.PNG.16bf715aad12df20c842de6cf2bfd5d7.PNG

I'm going to the park tomorrow, and was wondering something. I went to the park a few weeks ago on my own on a weekday. I arrived at 9:45am and the rides were already going and people were on them. Is there early start times on certain weekdays? I'm a season pass holder and I don't know about that - I haven't even received a single e-newsletter from the park this whole season. Any thoughts?

I'm going to the park tomorrow, and was wondering something. I went to the park a few weeks ago on my own on a weekday. I arrived at 9:45am and the rides were already going and people were on them. Is there early start times on certain weekdays? I'm a season pass holder and I don't know about that - I haven't even received a single e-newsletter from the park this whole season. Any thoughts?

Early ride times on Sundays only... during the week I've never heard of. Maybe there was a large group there and they opened up early? No clue.

Early ride times are only on Sundays. There are groups who buy out a section park (or the whole park) prior to it opening for the day. Although, I do remember the first two years when I was a season pass holder (2011 and 2012), early ride times was on select weekdays. It's too bad that the park doesn't consider this option again as it was quite useful, especially on those busy summer weekdays.

Hello Everyone.

This is my first time replying here but have been an fan for quite sometime since Behemoth was built just never really registered as I was apart of CWMania but that site no offence to them has really changed and it's actually made me turn away from it.

So I've been following through this thread for a couple of weeks now and have managed to go back in through a lot of posts. I know as it's getting further into the 2017 season I wish I would get my rear end in gear and get their to see what I could potentially dig up as clues for 2018.

I've been pondering a lot as to what they would be potentially be putting in. I know a lot of Rumors are pointed towards a B&M Winged Coaster. I have another thought in mind and it brings me to thinking of a post I saw that was in relation to land clearing or should I say some construction work along the 400 hyw side of the park in the thicker tree areas behind Action Theatre, the water park and White Water Canyon areas. Another post I saw was in relation to Mighty Canadian Mind Buster in which 4 new footers where seen which I think could be for extra supports for the ride?? But anyhow on to what the post I saw regards to Hyw 400.

My gut instinct tells me and this is going absolutely way way left or for the righty's Right field oh Heck why not Centre field LOL ......

I haven't really seen anyone mention the thought of a record breaker for world and canada for longest coaster! That being said total amount of track would have to exceed at least 8150ft Plus! Thinking 8200ft! As Steel Dragon in Japan is 8133ft! Also thinking of tallest LIM Coaster cause I think Cedar Point holds the record(Please tell me if I am wrong Im going on Electric Magnet LIM not Hydraulic like Kingda Ka) in which LIM would have to exceed 210ft. What I am getting at is a Terrain type coaster such as Cheetah Hunt! It also has a hourly capacity of 1370! so With the Area where Skyrider used to be the areas behind and along the forested area (Action theatre, White Water Etc....) Im thinking this would be a sweet fit, Now along the lines of a Winged Coaster That would be awesome too in ways of breaking records but my thought like I mentioned is along the lines of something similar to Cheetah Hunt. Also it would be the first ever intamin LIM type coaster if they decided to do something like this!

Looking forward to discussing more as the season continues. Thanks for Having me and Happy Riding!

CW has no room for hotels unlike other parks like CP to make it look good. No matter were they put it, I do not think its gonna look good. Hotels for me would just increase the attendance, which is not exactly a good thing knowing the state of CW now.

As I see it, there is only 1 possibility. In that case, at least the Hotels will be close to the new Hospital being built.

That whole side of land is owned by the city I did some research on the hospital an that is over 81 Acres of Land alone. It's interesting however if you google Canada's Wonderland that it says its a 330 acre park is this what it is right now because the main story says 300 acres used and 79 not developed. As for where a possible hotel may go, Look in the corner of Canadas Wonderland by the Behemoth turn around behind water park that land alone (Tree Area) is at least 4-5 Acres making it the most fitting spot for a Hotel as its close access to the Water park they could run a road way off the main road in. Another area I see is using parking lot area in around Kingswood Music and The Helix to Behemoth also.