TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Actually they somewhat do.

Allow us to sing you a song about how much Cedar Fair cares about park anniversaries where everyone expects major coaster additions...

maxresdefault.jpg

As for the wood / steel coaster ratios thing where you guys don't think they would leave you with only one adult wood coaster and one kids wood coaster... Carowinds says hi. Cedar Point says hi, Knott's says hi, Dorney says hi. Every Six Flags park that's iron horsed a coaster says hi (especially Discovery Kingdom), I could continue...

Could they have made those anymore penis-like.

I say the same thing about TTD and KK

I went to CW a couple days ago for the first time this season, and I have to say, Wild Beast is still pretty rough. I also unfortunately did not see any new construction updates expect for the pile of dirt by Minebuster.

I made my fifth visit of the season to the park on Thursday and noticed some things which were different or being worked on since my previous visit which was on May 30th.

The things that were different was the addition of the (horrendous) queue line that was added to Coasters Diner. I do not know why they added this within the past month but, it is horrible as it only has one exit which makes it awkward for people to access the tables on the other side of the restaurant as you have to pass back through the entry line, which could to lead to your food being spilled. The other thing which was different (and good) is the discount of $5 that season pass holders receive when they ride Sling Shot. It's not a huge discount but, makes it slightly more affordable than the standard $25 per passenger that has been charged since the opening of Sling Shot in 2015.

Now, I happened to notice that White Water Canyon's waterfall facade was being worked on, which is great to see! For those who have rode White Water Canyon over the past couple of seasons, you may have noticed the waterfalls had limited operation throughout the seasons which was due to a water main break. It appears they are fixing that and the facade to hopefully get it fully operational once again sometime this summer. It's nice to see the park taking care of it as it's a fun ride on a warm summer's day!

^ Yet another reason to get the souvenir cup.

I buy one whenever I visit a new park, or hadn't been to in a long time. However, I loathe to carry around so I usually wait until I'm ready to leave to buy one. I used to carry mine around BGT or SWO, but I hate carrying stuff so I don't bother anymore.

I have a platinum pass for Wonderland as its my home park. I have already been 5 times so far this season. On top of that I have been to Kings Island and Cedar Point this season too. After being to Kings Island and Cedar Point I have noticed a lot of differences between the 2 in Ohio and Wonderland. The biggest difference is the atmosphere of the parks. I found that the Ride Ops in the 2 Ohio parks were very enthusiastic on all the coasters compared to the ones at Wonderland.

The biggest difference I have found is how the parks promote the Platinum passes. Cedar Point and Kings Island had ads and signs pushing for people to get the Platinum pass. At Wonderland there is hardly any mention of it other then on the parks website. From the people I have talked to while in line for different rides, very few even know that if you get a Platinum pass it gives you free entry into Cedar Point and other parks. My question is why doesn't Wonderland promote it more?

I have a platinum pass for Wonderland as its my home park. I have already been 5 times so far this season. On top of that I have been to Kings Island and Cedar Point this season too. After being to Kings Island and Cedar Point I have noticed a lot of differences between the 2 in Ohio and Wonderland. The biggest difference is the atmosphere of the parks. I found that the Ride Ops in the 2 Ohio parks were very enthusiastic on all the coasters compared to the ones at Wonderland.

The biggest difference I have found is how the parks promote the Platinum passes. Cedar Point and Kings Island had ads and signs pushing for people to get the Platinum pass. At Wonderland there is hardly any mention of it other then on the parks website. From the people I have talked to while in line for different rides, very few even know that if you get a Platinum pass it gives you free entry into Cedar Point and other parks. My question is why doesn't Wonderland promote it more?

I'm not a platinum pass holder (I am a Canada's Wonderland season pass holder), but during my two visits to Kings Island over the past few years (July 2014 and June 2016), I have noticed the ride operators and attendants to be much more enthusiastic than the ones at Canada's Wonderland. Although when I had visited Dorney Park during June 2015, the ride operators were very unenthusiastic. But, I do notice that the ride operators at Canada's Wonderland are very polite most of the time.

As for the platinum pass, I suppose Canada's Wonderland does not promote it too much as Canada's Wonderland is Cedar Fair's only Canadian amusement park and some of the people who attend Canada's Wonderland do not feel the need to travel to the US to visit these amusement parks. There is also a lack of awareness that Canada's Wonderland is apart of the Cedar Fair chain which consists of 10 other amusement parks other than Canada's Wonderland. Surprisingly, some people who visit still think Paramount owns the park (even though Cedar Fair acquired Paramount Parks in 2006)! Then there is a cost of the platinum pass which stops people from buying it, if they know about it. If people complain about ticket prices or regular season pass prices, then they definitely are not going to consider buying a platinum pass as its out of their reach or spending limit.

I do have intentions of becoming a Cedar Fair platinum pass holder eventually, but at the moment, I do not travel much due to college and the start up of my career, but when I do have the chance to travel I will consider purchasing a Cedar Fair platinum pass due to the value and savings it provides.

I'm not a platinum pass holder (I am a Canada's Wonderland season pass holder), but during my two visits to Kings Island over the past few years (July 2014 and June 2016), I have noticed the ride operators and attendants to be much more enthusiastic than the ones at Canada's Wonderland. Although when I had visited Dorney Park during June 2015, the ride operators were very unenthusiastic. But, I do notice that the ride operators at Canada's Wonderland are very polite most of the time.

As for the platinum pass, I suppose Canada's Wonderland does not promote it too much as Canada's Wonderland is Cedar Fair's only Canadian amusement park and some of the people who attend Canada's Wonderland do not feel the need to travel to the US to visit these amusement parks. There is also a lack of awareness that Canada's Wonderland is apart of the Cedar Fair chain which consists of 10 other amusement parks other than Canada's Wonderland. Surprisingly, some people who visit still think Paramount owns the park (even though Cedar Fair acquired Paramount Parks in 2006)! Then there is a cost of the platinum pass which stops people from buying it, if they know about it. If people complain about ticket prices or regular season pass prices, then they definitely are not going to consider buying a platinum pass as its out of their reach or spending limit.

I do have intentions of becoming a Cedar Fair platinum pass holder eventually, but at the moment, I do not travel much due to college and the start up of my career, but when I do have the chance to travel I will consider purchasing a Cedar Fair platinum pass due to the value and savings it provides.

I do get what you are saying about the platinum pass. I realize that since Canada's Wonderland is the only Canadian park its hard to promote the US parks as the closest one is 5 to 6 hours away. The other thing I have noticed as well with some people is that they have no idea any of the other parks exist. I just think they should promote it more then they do.

The one thing I have really noticed is that for a park that is very similar to Canada's Wonderland, I found Kings Island much better. A lot of it is the atmosphere around the park. Having enthusiastic ride ops makes a big difference. Don't get me wrong, I love going to Canada's Wonderland. Especially now that my niece is big enough to ride most of the rides now.

The one thing I have really noticed is that for a park that is very similar to Canada's Wonderland, I found Kings Island much better. A lot of it is the atmosphere around the park. Having enthusiastic ride ops makes a big difference. Don't get me wrong, I love going to Canada's Wonderland. Especially now that my niece is big enough to ride most of the rides now.

Wonderland is my home park, and I love going too. I did have the pleasure of going to KI earlier this month, and I really loved it as well. KI definitely has a much more solid coaster collection, even though CW has giga bragging rights. At KI, every coaster is rideable, and there are more coasters that are really good. Banshee, The Beast, Diamondback, and Mystic Timbers are all more or less on par with our two best, and then most of the rest at KI are all still good. We only have three good coasters at CW, a couple more decent ones, and a handful that are just rubbish (the two taking up space by the Kingswood, blech). So in that sense, I agree, KI is better.

But our flat collection puts theirs to shame, badly. Not only that, but our flats are good on their own merits anyways. I mean, Shockwave gives a crazier ride than lots of coasters. Skyhawk is a great choose your own intensity ride, and Sledgehammer (when running, tbf) gives a unique, fun ride. Seriously, I love KI, but if it was my home park, I would miss the variety of flats on offer at CW.

The atmosphere at KI is very nice. It's more polished, while being more rustic and quaint. It a struck me right away when visiting. Overall, I probably prefer the atmosphere at KI. Again though, CW deserves credit here too. The atmosphere at CW is grander. The mountain, the falls, Arthur's Bay with the diving shows, Leviathan over the entrance. It all adds up.

Honestly, before going to KI, I was afraid it would ruin Wonderland for me, but it really didn't. I'd love to have as good a coaster collection, but that's only one facet of what makes a great park. I guess I'm trying to say that I love both parks the same, but for different reasons.

Wonderland is my home park, and I love going too. I did have the pleasure of going to KI earlier this month, and I really loved it as well. KI definitely has a much more solid coaster collection, even though CW has giga bragging rights. At KI, every coaster is rideable, and there are more coasters that are really good. Banshee, The Beast, Diamondback, and Mystic Timbers are all more or less on par with our two best, and then most of the rest at KI are all still good. We only have three good coasters at CW, a couple more decent ones, and a handful that are just rubbish (the two taking up space by the Kingswood, blech). So in that sense, I agree, KI is better.

But our flat collection puts theirs to shame, badly. Not only that, but our flats are good on their own merits anyways. I mean, Shockwave gives a crazier ride than lots of coasters. Skyhawk is a great choose your own intensity ride, and Sledgehammer (when running, tbf) gives a unique, fun ride. Seriously, I love KI, but if it was my home park, I would miss the variety of flats on offer at CW.

The atmosphere at KI is very nice. It's more polished, while being more rustic and quaint. It a struck me right away when visiting. Overall, I probably prefer the atmosphere at KI. Again though, CW deserves credit here too. The atmosphere at CW is grander. The mountain, the falls, Arthur's Bay with the diving shows, Leviathan over the entrance. It all adds up.

Honestly, before going to KI, I was afraid it would ruin Wonderland for me, but it really didn't. I'd love to have as good a coaster collection, but that's only one facet of what makes a great park. I guess I'm trying to say that I love both parks the same, but for different reasons.

Wonderland is also my home park, but in my opinion, I also agree that KI is better than CW. Next to Cedar Point, King's Island is Cedar Fair's best park. I've been to KI four times, and I would say that it has a more "grand" feel than CW ("grand" as in attraction depth and quality). The only "grand" thing about Wonderland is the shear number of guests it attracts every year, with most of them being the line-jumping-zero-park-etiquete general public (it's noticeably worse at CW), plus being only the top-heavy Leviathan / Behemoth show. I would trade park-for-park in a heartbeat. But then again, I suppose I can't complain too much about having a major park almost in my back yard period

Hello everybody! I'm visiting Canada's Wonderland with a few of my CP friends on Friday. The 4 of us have never visited before. I had a few questions, I tried looking on the website but couldn't find a solid answer. Is there early entry every day? If so what time does it start? Also are there any good strategies to tackling the park in a specific order? Thanks!

^The early ride times are only for season pass holders on sundays:

From 9am - 10am on Sundays every week from April 30 - September 3, Season Passholders get special early access to some of our most popular attractions including Leviathan, Behemoth, and our all-new ride, Soaring Timbers!

What I do for CW, is first head to Wonder Mountain's Guardian as it is the most crowded and does not have fast pass. Then I go straight to Leviathan, and ride a few of the rides in Medieval Fair. Then i make my way to Behemoth riding rides such as Vortex, Sledge Hammer, ect. After that, I would hit the rest of the rides in the Action Zone, such as Backlot and Minebuster. For the rest of the day, I just do whatever I feel is best.

^The early ride times are only for season pass holders on sundays:

From 9am - 10am on Sundays every week from April 30 - September 3, Season Passholders get special early access to some of our most popular attractions including Leviathan, Behemoth, and our all-new ride, Soaring Timbers!

What I do for CW, is first head to Wonder Mountain's Guardian as it is the most crowded and does not have fast pass. Then I go straight to Leviathan, and ride a few of the rides in Medieval Fair. Then i make my way to Behemoth riding rides such as Vortex, Sledge Hammer, ect. After that, I would hit the rest of the rides in the Action Zone, such as Backlot and Minebuster. For the rest of the day, I just do whatever I feel is best.

Thanks for the advice!

Hello everybody! I'm visiting Canada's Wonderland with a few of my CP friends on Friday. The 4 of us have never visited before. I had a few questions, I tried looking on the website but couldn't find a solid answer. Is there early entry every day? If so what time does it start? Also are there any good strategies to tackling the park in a specific order? Thanks!

Hope you have a good day and crowds are manageable. On a busy day, it's hard to ride all the coasters and make time for the great flats. I'd recommend waiting for the front seat on Behemoth (best airtime over the parabolic hills) and back row on Leviathan (nice air when pulled over the lift hill). Don't miss a front row ride on Vortex (one of the few remaining suspended coasters). Keep in mind that traffic on a Friday is terrible around Toronto, especially the afternoon rush.

Going to be up in Toronto for vaca, but just don't think I'm going to get up there. Behemoth looks fun and the flats are ubique but nothing is really convincing me to spend a half day there.

You don't sound too fun. Behemoth and the great flats are half a day! You didn't even mention the awesome 300' giga or the rare suspended coaster. Wonderland is a very nice scenic park to simply walk through for a first timer. Your post is an unfounded downer.

Hope you have a good day and crowds are manageable. On a busy day, it's hard to ride all the coasters and make time for the great flats. I'd recommend waiting for the front seat on Behemoth (best airtime over the parabolic hills) and back row on Leviathan (nice air when pulled over the lift hill). Don't miss a front row ride on Vortex (one of the few remaining suspended coasters). Keep in mind that traffic on a Friday is terrible around Toronto, especially the afternoon rush.

If there's big crowds we'll be purchasing Fast Lane to help us out. We want to get on the coasters and the awesome flat ride collection. Thanks for the seat choice recommendations!

Going to be up in Toronto for vaca, but just don't think I'm going to get up there. Behemoth looks fun and the flats are ubique but nothing is really convincing me to spend a half day there.

You don't sound too fun. Behemoth and the great flats are half a day! You didn't even mention the awesome 300' giga or the rare suspended coaster. Wonderland is a very nice scenic park to simply walk through for a first timer. Your post is an unfounded downer.

Hey guys. First time visitor to the park this Wednesday. Work only affords me one day at the park. Couple questions.

1. Best strategy for tackling as many coasters in one day? Plan to arrive around 930 or so to park (prepaid) and get in right at opening. I really don't intend to get a flash pass. Will probably return at a later date.

2. What's the 'best value' for food? Snacks of any kind strictly kept out?

3. Good late night food options near park?

4. Other must rides besides the coasters?

Any other tips are much appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey guys. First time visitor to the park this Wednesday. Work only affords me one day at the park. Couple questions.

1. Best strategy for tackling as many coasters in one day? Plan to arrive around 930 or so to park (prepaid) and get in right at opening. I really don't intend to get a flash pass. Will probably return at a later date.

2. What's the 'best value' for food? Snacks of any kind strictly kept out?

3. Good late night food options near park?

4. Other must rides besides the coasters?

Any other tips are much appreciated! Thanks in advance for your help.

Hey Taylor! I visited CW last year for the first time so I kinda know stuff.

1. I had a Platinum pass so I was able to do a few coasters before opening, but I don't think I necessarily needed it. I can tell you that you'll want to knock out Time Warp, Wonder Mountain, and Backlot early due to low capacity. I felt that making a general clockwise loop around the park worked out well for me. I think a Wednesday won't be too bad. The B&Ms have amazing capacity so those can wait if you have the patience. I knocked out every coaster by early afternoon on a Saturday last summer.

2. I wasn't stoked with the food options at this park, I had pretty bad nachos from somewhere for lunch.

3. Never ate around the park.

4. The Drop Tower is great! I'm not huge on flats, but this park has a massive, unique collection. You'll probably want to ride Skyhawk and Sledgehammer. https://www.canadaswonderland.com/play/rides-thrill Check out more here.

Hey Jeremy, thanks for the response. I will definitely knock those few out first. Since I'm rolling solo, I don't think it'll be too much a problem to make my way around the park quick. When I return, I'll just be able to re-ride my favorites and hit up the water park a little bit. Any other advice from others is much appreciated!