Nickelodeon Universe Discussion Thread

Page 190: Flyover America Opens
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Re: Nickelodeon Universe Discussion Thread

Postby DirkFunk » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:24 pm

A.J. wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I feel like most of the people that consider this a "disappointment" don't or haven't ever had children. Their Facebook page is buzzing with parents excited about having a new spot to take their kids. Coming from someone who grew up with Nick Jr's old programming, children are going to have their minds blown when they get to see Paw Patrol in real life.

Not every addition has to be geared toward our demographic, y'know. One more awesome play space never hurt anyone. Theme parks need more of those.

They aren't seeing the Paw Patrol in real life. They're seeing a playscape with some Paw Patrol theming, if what's suggested here is correct. I'm not asking for a giant coaster, I'd just like to see a ride be replaced with a ride.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:49 am

DirkFunk wrote:They aren't seeing the Paw Patrol in real life. They're seeing a playscape with some Paw Patrol theming, if what's suggested here is correct.

That's true, but consider that (at least this was true when I was a kid) small children like to role play / play pretend. A group of children will get a kick out playing the roles of their favorite Paw Patrol characters in a setting that supports their playtime. Apparently there have also been instances of mascot characters making appearances at certain events and shopping malls around the world, this area allows for the opportunity for a "permanent" meet and greet with the characters as well. If Paw Patrol weren't such a popular children's franchise I would totally agree with the disappointment.

I'm not saying that we SHOULDN'T get a ride to replace the Atomic Collider, but they could have done a lot worse with that particular space.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby ThrillDude200 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:10 am

A.J. wrote:
DirkFunk wrote:They aren't seeing the Paw Patrol in real life. They're seeing a playscape with some Paw Patrol theming, if what's suggested here is correct.

That's true, but consider that (at least this was true when I was a kid) small children like to role play / play pretend. A group of children will get a kick out playing the roles of their favorite Paw Patrol characters in a setting that supports their playtime. Apparently there have also been instances of mascot characters making appearances at certain events and shopping malls around the world, this area allows for the opportunity for a "permanent" meet and greet with the characters as well. If Paw Patrol weren't such a popular children's franchise I would totally agree with the disappointment.

I'm not saying that we SHOULDN'T get a ride to replace the Atomic Collider, but they could have done a lot worse with that particular space.

Yeah, they could've.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!