TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

Dang it! I really liked that ride when I visited in 2010.

Same!

This leaves us with only one in the US, which is a shame. Inferno operated at the Washington State Fair in 2017 (note that it does not travel), so hopefully it's alive and well and will stay with us for years to come.

Ok, have to ask. From the article:

The spinning ride rotates cars horizontally and vertically, giving riders the option of how much they want their cars to spin and in which direction.

Am I missing something (this is totally possible), or is this not even close to correct? Please explain if I'm somehow misunderstanding. I do know how the ride works, and that doesn't match up to my vision of it at all!

I believe they're mixing it up with Brain Surge or whatever it's called where you do control the spin.

Stopped by today to get one last sentimental photo of it. I hated riding it (still do) but I always rode it anyways back when it was Treetop Tumbler.

^Oh geez, that makes too much sense, since they made it sound like a rider-controlled ride.

I always liked the old-school names for these: Hexentanz (Zierer's name for the ride model), Witch's Dance (model name in the US...and it's a translation of Hexentanz), and, of course...Tampico Tumbler!

Let me guess: A Loud House themed ride, perhaps? I would say a Vekoma Mad House, but there hasn't been one made in 7 years, so the chances of that are pretty slim.

The 7 years between builds doesn't mean anything, the bigger issue is the footprint needed for a complete Mad House

Let me guess: A Loud House themed ride, perhaps? I would say a Vekoma Mad House, but there hasn't been one made in 7 years, so the chances of that are pretty slim.

The 7 years between builds doesn't mean anything, the bigger issue is the footprint needed for a complete Mad House

According to Vekoma's official site:

L12 x W9 x H11 m OR L39.37 x W29.528 x H36.09

Atomic Collider is a pretty big ride.

Found a site that shows its specs as 23 x 25 x 16 m:

http://www.ride-index.de/include.php?path=content/content.php&contentid=278

If that's accurate, then a Mad House would actually fit.

They could even get the bigger version which is L14 x W12 x H11 m. Maybe a 2 ride deal with a D-Ride (Vekoma's Toy Story Mania)

I seemed to have missed where a Mad House is an option to replace this ride. Also....who even wants a Mad House these days, lol. Let alone this park.

I just looked up the dimensions. Also what's the problem with a Mad House? Honestly if we want to go crazy idea, I'd love a launch coaster with airtime hills.

I seemed to have missed where a Mad House is an option to replace this ride. Also....who even wants a Mad House these days, lol. Let alone this park.

I just looked up the dimensions. Also what's the problem with a Mad House? Honestly if we want to go crazy idea, I'd love a launch coaster with airtime hills.

I think I good and possible fit in the area would be a coaster with an elevator lift like Cobras curse. Have the lift be near the corner of park above the arcade and then have to drop go over the midway into a spaghetti bowl section.

I think it's pretty clear that Nickelodeon Universe is getting a new decent size coaster. They have construction going on above the arcade and now they're closing the flat ride right next to the arcade. I'd actually be pretty surprised if they weren't adding a coaster.

I was told that from park staff, at Knott's. Maybe they only sent parts and such for spares? Hmmmm, maybe? lol

But, I wonder what happened to the knott one!

It sat in the Knotts employee parking lot for a few years before disappearing from there. Guessing they parted out what they could and scrapped it.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like most of the people that consider this a "disappointment" don't or haven't ever had children. Their Facebook page is buzzing with parents excited about having a new spot to take their kids. Coming from someone who grew up with Nick Jr's old programming, children are going to have their minds blown when they get to see Paw Patrol in real life.

Not every addition has to be geared toward our demographic, y'know. One more awesome play space never hurt anyone. Theme parks need more of those.

Agreed, AJ. Since the Nickelodeon take over the park has been very, very generous to thrill seekers. I think a Paw Patrol play area will be a nice addition. Plus if these rumors about a coaster being built over the arcade come to be, they could still have the ride run through the area above the Paw Patrol area.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like most of the people that consider this a "disappointment" don't or haven't ever had children. Their Facebook page is buzzing with parents excited about having a new spot to take their kids. Coming from someone who grew up with Nick Jr's old programming, children are going to have their minds blown when they get to see Paw Patrol in real life.

Not every addition has to be geared toward our demographic, y'know. One more awesome play space never hurt anyone. Theme parks need more of those.

They aren't seeing the Paw Patrol in real life. They're seeing a playscape with some Paw Patrol theming, if what's suggested here is correct. I'm not asking for a giant coaster, I'd just like to see a ride be replaced with a ride.

They aren't seeing the Paw Patrol in real life. They're seeing a playscape with some Paw Patrol theming, if what's suggested here is correct.

That's true, but consider that (at least this was true when I was a kid) small children like to role play / play pretend. A group of children will get a kick out playing the roles of their favorite Paw Patrol characters in a setting that supports their playtime. Apparently there have also been instances of mascot characters making appearances at certain events and shopping malls around the world, this area allows for the opportunity for a "permanent" meet and greet with the characters as well. If Paw Patrol weren't such a popular children's franchise I would totally agree with the disappointment.

I'm not saying that we SHOULDN'T get a ride to replace the Atomic Collider, but they could have done a lot worse with that particular space.