TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wild Adventures and Six Flags over Georgia

My wife and I are planning a trip to Florida and on the way back we are thinking of stopping at Wild Adventures and then Six Flags over Georgia. My question is how much time should we plan for Wild Aventures and Sfog. We noticied that Wild Adventures has a zoo that my wife would like to check out. Is a day enough for both parks? Would it be possible to squeeze Wild Adventures in a 1/2 day and still do most everything?

Any help would be appreciated

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most normal days you could finish up Wild Adventures in a half day, however if you are there on a date when there is an event going on it will not be enough time. When are you planning on visiting? A day should be enough at SFoG as well as long as you get Qbot (maybe even Gold depending on the crowds). It is about a 3 - 4 hour drive between the two parks depending on traffic.

Elissa "hope this helps!" Alvey

Yeah, WA doesn't have a lot to offer IMO, so a half day should cover it.

Like Elissa said get the Q-Bot at SFOG, and "go for the gold" if it's crowded. SFOG has one of my favorite coaster and ride collections. Not the biggest, fastest, loopiest, but consistently good coasters (Ninja being the only exception to the rule). There shows are usually decent as well.

Wild Adventures is a perfect park do in a half of day IMO. Ive been to the park twice and I've taken the same route you have (Wild Adventures and then to SFoG) and its a perfect setup, however remember that it is a 4hour drive, so if your going to do the park I would suggest doing Wild Adventures half a day then allow yourself 4hours to drive to Atlanta and settle in. (Please make sure you stay at an exit far enough way where its not too close to the park, the exit closest to the park is usually where we stay but is VERY ghetto and scary!!!)

Wild Adventure can be a pretty easy fortune cookie to crack open if you do it right, Ive been there twice (one trip on an almost full day and a half a day the next day at the park, and finished more than enough).

The park is kindof a dificult layout and paths are assorted everywhere, but you can finish the rides in no time, especially the ones you want. They have tons of Flat rides and the Coasters there are pretty nice, however the Zoo's and Animal Walkthroughs are pretty nice too, you can finish them up quick unless your planning on seeing the animal shows and stuff.

I hope your trip turns out great! As I am also planning this exact trip over Spring Break weekend, have a good time!

-Justin

Well Justin, I did not have a bad experience in the hotel closest to SFOG (Wingate Inn, nicest place in teh ghetto, and the breakfast, free make your own waffles... oh yeah, I dared myself to drink a cup of the batter )

Oh yeah, to add to TEH GH3TT0 thing, STAY THE F*** AWAY FROM FULTON INDUSTRIAL BLVD. !

Anyways, I could help you with SFOG, but most of my tips came from the best site for planning a day at SFOG;

http://sfog.playride.com/homepage.html

Hope that helps!

Yeah I agree...stay at the Wingate, it's really nice, walking distance to the park...and it's really nice (for a typical hotel). We got it for about $70 last August.

Elissa "but don't get me started on the La Quinta Inn across the interstate!" Alvey

Stay at the Fairfield Inn, Courtyard or Springhill Suites in Lithia Springs. They are one exit west of the park, are all relatively new, and have decent rates.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshaCode=ATLSF

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshaCode=ATLSX

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshaCode=ATLFS

I always stay in one of them (but I always stay at Marriott hotels)

I second the vote for the Fairfield in Lithia Springs... It is on par with the rest of the chain, and even a little better. It has free WiFi that worked pretty good. There is also a Walmart across the street, and a few chain resturants around. (and no fewer that 12412345 waffle houses within a mile )

Also, I HATED wild adventures. We went last spring break, 2 coaster were down, most of the flat rides were down, the Space Shot had most of the seats red-tagged and was running in a very questionable way. We got the credits and got far, far away. Buchener (sp?) sure knows how to pump out the generic coasters, but he doesn't seem to know how to maintain them. I wanted to like this park, but I just couldn't.

However, I did like the security, we got to the front and found the metal detectors, and had to go all the way back to the car so my dad could drop off his pocket knife. We got back, and my dad still set off the alarm, the gaurd asks "Do you have any knives guns..." he says no, and we are allowed in with no further hastle. lol...

I hit SFoG last year, drove around the ghetto (reading that Fulton Industrial Boulevard name above gave me the shivers...) looking for a cheap motel (and there were plenty of very scary looking cheap motels). After about 15 seconds thought, I drove 2 stops up the freeway to Douglassville and stayed at a very nice Ramada for $50 (coupon out of one of them freebie books).

Excellent place, would stay there again, 10 minutes from the park (and not at all ghetto).

Valdosta was fine for a freeway-side motel though, the Super8 for a few bucks was OK.

As for the parks, SFoG you'd want a full day, WA if its not busy a couple of hours would do it (and dont expect too much from the zoo - a few animals in a field or two is all it is).

Dave "that Cheetah was an evil coaster, but it had giraffes next to it, cool!" M.

Well, I do not think I can add any more additional help that has not already been offered by Elissa and the others. IMO, the hotels listed are good for being as close as possible to the SFOG park.

If you can, get your tickets for SFOG ahead of time, the ticket windows are some of the slowest people I have ever seen....anywhere.

IF you find yourself staying in Valdosta, before or after coming from WA, I recommend, the Holiday Inn right at the WA Exit, I think it is Exit 13 off of I-75. It's classic and clean.

WA is a smaller version of BG-Tampa....it has rides...it has animals. It is a nice, large park. They have a major concert just about every day during the summer season, so be careful and check the schedule! Christian Concert Days are huge in Georgia.