Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1410: Universal's Cinematic Celebration Nighttime Show!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:42 pm

Universal has sent us a press release announcing that Trick ‘r Treat will be coming to Halloween Horror Bights at Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood!

Beginning September 14, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood will bring Legendary Pictures’ cult Halloween classic Trick ‘r Treat to life in all-new Halloween Horror Nights mazes that dare guests to live by the rules or suffer the consequences.

Based on the critically-acclaimed and fan-favorite movie, directed by Michael Dougherty, the “Trick ‘r Treat” maze will transport guests to Warren Valley, Ohio on Halloween night to celebrate the holiday’s dark traditions. Recreating some of the anthology’s most iconic scenes, the disturbing new maze invites brave thrill-seekers to become entwined within the secrets of this sleepy suburban town.

Guests will experience some of the film’s most grisly scenes and encounter hauntingly familiar characters. They will meander through Mr. Kreeg’s infamous house, watch as college students viciously transform into bloodthirsty werewolves and dismember the town, as well as come face-to-face with Sam – the spirit of Halloween – who readies to punish those who break the holiday’s tradition.

Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” in Hollywood and Orlando to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each coast’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

Additional details about Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” will be revealed soon. Select tickets and vacation packages for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights are on sale now. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” at either Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
D66D9BDF-4C85-4D17-AC46-BF9F24BE1367.jpeg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed May 16, 2018 1:49 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Dombot » Thu May 17, 2018 9:57 am

YES! ABSOLUTELY! ONE HUNDRED PERCENT YES! LET'S GO!

So hyped for HHN this year, holy crap. This and Stranger Things in the same event? I've never pre-ordered tickets for a Halloween event before, and this just might be the one to break that. :lover: :evil:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:22 pm

Normally I don't put much stock in people's guesses as to what a new attraction is going to be before it's officially announced, but this seems to be spot on.

https://youtu.be/I7Q9-CG8AxM

This person is claiming it to be an intiman ride. They also claim(And show) the layout by looking at a overhead view on the footers. It's also mentioned that it will have 3 indoor sections, and use the station and q line from dragons. Not saying this person is correct. But it's makes sense. It's worth checking out.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:35 pm

^ Yeah, I looked at this video earlier and it impressed me, that so much was "figured out" by this person.
Definitely makes the project a huge and ambitious one for Universal. The spike part is especially interesting.

If all of that, is actually what is to be. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:41 pm

When Universal took out Dragons, I thought they were just going to put in another simulator/dark ride. I am pleasantly surprised that they might actually be building a worthy successor to Dragons.

I would love to see something like a more intense Taron. When I rode that, I thought an Intamin launch coaster like that would look perfect in Dragon's old spot. Good to know that might actually be a reality.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:51 am

MrSum1_55 wrote:I would love to see something like a more intense Taron. When I rode that, I thought an Intamin launch coaster like that would look perfect in Dragon's old spot. Good to know that might actually be a reality.

I wouldn't get yourself too excited. I'm expecting nothing more than a more intense Thirteen or something similar to Juvelen / Wave Breaker in terms of coaster experience. Perhaps the show elements and story will be worlds above Dragon Challenge (likely), but I really don't think this will end up anywhere near the top of anyone's coaster lists. I'm baking a humble pie just in case, of course.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:44 am

Yep AJ, I think you pretty much summed it up.

...I'm more interested in what is going on in Jurassic, myself.
Now is the time, Now is the best time, Now is the best time of your life!!!

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:46 pm

thrillrider wrote:Normally I don't put much stock in people's guesses as to what a new attraction is going to be before it's officially announced, but this seems to be spot on.

https://youtu.be/I7Q9-CG8AxM

This person is claiming it to be an intiman ride. They also claim(And show) the layout by looking at a overhead view on the footers. It's also mentioned that it will have 3 indoor sections, and use the station and q line from dragons. Not saying this person is correct. But it's makes sense. It's worth checking out.

I think she's legit. I've seen her post on another universal forum.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:57 am

The Universal Orlando Resort has sent us a press release announcing the new nighttime lagoon show coming to Universal Studios Florida this Summer, "Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration!"

Starting this summer, Universal Orlando will take its nighttime lagoon show to the next level in “Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration.” The all-new lagoon show will give guests a brand-new, awe-inspiring way to cap off their day in Universal Studios as they enjoy an epic cinema under the stars on select nights.

“Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration” will seamlessly blend fountain-based media, a variety of state-of-the-art technologies and special effects in a whole new way. The show combines an all-new storyline with full panoramic water screens accented by additional multi-layer water screens, pyrotechnics and – for the first time ever – more than 120 dancing fountains and projection mapping to transform the entire waterfront and surrounding buildings into a vivid celebration of epic movie moments and beloved characters.

And, guests will be able to enjoy “Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration” from an all-new, dedicated viewing area designed specifically for the show – giving them prime viewing of the experience.

Guests will witness moments from the Harry Potter series conjured by way of spells, ear-shattering roars from dinosaurs in Jurassic World, the adrenaline rush of speed from The Fast & the Furious, mischief by the Minions from Illumination’s Despicable Me and more come to life right before their very eyes – all in the heart of the Universal Studios Florida lagoon.

This summer, guests will now have two new spectacular nighttime shows to enjoy as part of their visit to Universal’s theme parks – “Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration” in Universal Studios Florida and “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle” in Universal’s Islands of Adventure. There are a variety of special offers available for guests to see both and experience all of the award-winning experiences that Universal Orlando has to offer, including the unprecedented 2nd Day FREE offer exclusive to Florida residents. For more information, visit http://www.UniversalOrlando.com.
FC238D3E-D830-4B52-9DA3-F75CBCE15A07.jpeg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:52 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby ragerunner1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:53 am

What a great new additional to the park and sounds like it will have a full spectrum of effects, projection mapping on buildings, fireworks, fountains, projection screens and more. This will give Universal a true major league night time show.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!