Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1388 - Halloween Horror Nights 27 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: Projektion and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:56 am

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/shows/terminator-2-3d/index.html

Terminator 2 3D LR.jpg

Terminator 2: 3-D at Universal Studios Florida will run its last shows on Sunday, October 8 to make way for an all-new live action experience based on a high-energy Universal franchise. It will open in 2019. This is one of many exciting new experiences coming to Universal Orlando Resort as we continue our epic growth. Stay tuned – more details will be released soon.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:20 am

I mean I always enjoyed T2:3D, thought it was really cool mixture of live action and special effects, but yeah it's pretty dated at this point. Excited to see what replaces it.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:41 am

It was certainly a decent enough way to get out of the heat for an hour. That's about all I can say about it.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CoasterRench » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:12 am

Not too disappointed about T2:3D being removed. It was really cool when I went for my first time when I was a lot younger. Then each time, I became less and less interested in it, until my past visit a couple of years ago, my wife and I didn't have any desire to experience it.
Steel: 91 Wood: 28 Total: 119

Top Five
5. Diamondback, 4. Banshee, 3. Hollywood, Rip, Ride, Rockit, 2. Incredible Hulk, 1. Millennium Force

I poke manatees in the butt.

Postby Jcoaster » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:11 am

Guess I'll be in the minority of liking it. Love the Terminator movies.
Lightning Rod, Skyrush, El Toro, Superman: The Ride, Apollo's Chariot, Boulder Dash, Montu, Phoenix , Phantom's Revenge, , StormRunner

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby johnychen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:19 am

Well that is just "Super" I may have to make another visit to Florida to experience this one more time. So many changes in Orlando this year.
Native Houstonian, rocket scientist, mobile DJ, theme park enthusiast, geek, Youtuber, and community activist.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby scrgnoth » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 am

robbalvey wrote:Today is final day for Dueling Dragons. Here is some vintage footage from around 1999-2002. While I personally am not sold that this is a "good decision" we will wait to see what the future holds. Went to take our final rides a couple of weeks ago and stood at the exit shooting some footage for a while and I watch the MAJORITY of guests exit the ride and *RUN* back to the entrance to ride again. I'm just not sure why a park would want to touch a ride that still seems to have such high satisfaction.

I mean attractions like Universe or Energy or Great Movie Ride usually gets reactions like "Wow, I'll never get that 27 minutes of my life back" so I understand why those rides time have come. But that's not the case for Dragons.

Oh well, all I know is that whatever they are planning to replace it with has a high bar already set for it and I feel it will be difficult to to beat Dragons, but we shall see. Enjoy the video...

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I really want to know what song you used during that video. Unfortunately several music recognizer apps etc. returned nothing.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby caleb.stone » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:34 am

Wonder what it's going to turn into? Hopefully not Fast and Furious.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby DorneyKid14 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:40 am

Over/under that this will become a Harry potter attraction?
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby cookiex » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:47 am

DorneyKid14 wrote:Over/under that this will become a Harry potter attraction?

The statement says it's a franchise Universal owns themselves. I'm betting on Secret Life of Pets.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!