Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1091 - New HHN 24 Update featuring Face Off!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:03 pm

24 wrote:lol Manhatten Express colors.

Let's hope that's the only thing it has in common with Manhattan Express. ;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing the track in person next week, it definitely looks good so far from the pictures.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby King_K. » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:58 pm

Here's an interesting little blurb about Rockit in the November issue of the Travel Trade Gazette:

Thought "Laser Snake Horse" was real.

Postby Speeddeamon128 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:04 pm

Great pics looks like the vertical construction has increased =) I can't wait to ride it when I go down in June!
2010 Coaster Laps: 342
-Behemoth/Ravine Flyer II Tour 2008, East Coast Tour 2008, West Coast Tour 2009

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby King_K. » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:03 pm

This coaster is just FLYING up. I mean construction is moving full force, and the non-inverted loop is also already completed.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby justint87 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:12 pm

^ Nice pictures, great to hear it is being built fairly quickly. Any pictures of the non-inverting loop? Would love to see what it looks like from a visitor perspective.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:40 am

90 degrees!!!!! Well, not quite. ...But it still looks great. Thanks for posting the pictures.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:31 am

King_K. wrote:This coaster is just FLYING up. I mean construction is moving full force, and the non-inverted loop is also already completed.

Err... no it isn't. The banked turn around the firehouse is the only part of the coaster that's up. I was just there yesterday (first two photos are mine.)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:29 pm

I am looking forward to seeing the Non-Inverting Loop as much as I wanted to see boobies, but it will be a while ( for the loop that is). The area where the lift and loop will be is currently occupied by construction of the permanent concert stage. I heard the coaster would be built in stages and I wouldn't be surprised to see the area behind the concert stage be among the last of them. Although with the big crane there already, maybe not.
The coaster is already looking really cool. I took a ride out yesterday just to see the few pieces of track that I had seen pictures of here. It was a surprise to see how quickly they are moving forward. Two guys on the track and a crane operator can get quite a bit done. The station is also coming together pretty quickly. They have the back of the stage enclosed with block and the front loaders appeared to be grading the area of the second drop for the Rockit. In the BMG area the footers look to be nearly complete, including the large trench that was dug for the Drop tuning section. It is about 15 feet below grade and leads to another trench which is slightly shallower.
This thing is going to start to excite people as it comes together. Just seeing the beginning of the Treble Clef made all the difference for me. Rockit is going to be a large and dynamic ride that coaster fans will love IMO.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby storm5guy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:32 pm

Some pictures from a little bit ago and last night.
twister.jpg
The view after the track leaves the building it enters. Taken from the temporary Twister queue.
Viewed 10436 times
sundaytrack.jpg
New section added Sunday.
Viewed 10436 times

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:14 pm

That is gonna be a pretty steep drop. They are getting after it pretty good. I might go back out there tomorrow and watch for a while. There might be something wrong with me , I was just there Saturday. It does look like there are going to be some pretty good drops on this ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!