Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1418: Halloween Horror Nights 28 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Gutterflower » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Hey
not sure if anyones posted these but i did a quick scan and couldnt see them
some pictures from the recent EAS

Source: http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/eas ... 2008_3.php

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:10 pm

Thanks for the link. HRRR is looking better and better with every new pic I see. I'm heading to the park again on Wednesday, but I'm sure there won't be much to see quite yet.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:15 pm

Thanks for the pics. The Rockit is looking pretty awesome. I love the way it interacts with the structure, there will be a lot of head chopper type stuff going on.
All of those cars on course at the same time will be interesting to see. I wonder if the brake runs will totally kill the pacing, that really is my only concern for the ride. However, they could provide some ejector going in and floater coming out. I see a lot of potential for air time thats for sure.

I would love to here you guys' opinions on the brake runs. I guess there are so many to allow more trains on course at the same time. How do you think this will affect the ride?

Good find, thanks again.

Site Admin

Poseidon's Fury Water Vortex...GONE?!?!?

Postby robbalvey » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:31 am

Screamscape posted the following:
http://www.screamscape.com/html/islands ... enture.htm

(11/17/08) In a move that is sure to get quite a few fanboy’s panties in a bunch, we’ve heard a rumor that in the very near future the great Water Vortex effect that Poseidon’s Fury was pretty much built around will be turned off… forever. I don’t know if it’s just become too much of a maintenance headache or just a cost-saver, but I’ve also heard that the park may try to spin this move as part of the semi-new “green” initiative. But really, this was probably one of the two most impressive effects in the entire attraction (both versions), so this is a disappointing move if true.

Can anyone confirm this???

--Robb

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:04 am

The only thing that would make up for losing the water tunnel is having a fire tunnel, just saying.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:47 am

No, they're replacing water with wine for the new "Aphrodite's Super Awesome Party" attraction.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:01 am

Looks like IOA is going for the "how to ruin the Lost Continent in 4 easy steps" approach.

1. Kill Enchanted Oak
2. Destroy Dueling Dragons entry
3. Make Poseidon even lamer and more confusing
4. ???

What's next, turning Mythos into a Starbucks, replacing the fountain with a Euro-Bungee, or redoing the Sinbad show so it's all about selling Proactiv?
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:06 am

I think it's the work of that pesky Loki. The Norse gods have always been jealous because the Greek gods get more press.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:14 am

I'm not sure they could honestly do this without damaging the story presented. Plus, with Poseidon's Fury being the last remaining anchor for the Lost Continent (provided Potter doesn't eventually take over that area as well), to remove what few effects make the attraction worthwhile would be a mistake.

Taking it from the general guest stand point though, I could see a first time visiter walking through the vortex hall, showered in projections of water and mist rather than the vortex of water itself and not even noticing the difference.

It is hard to predict how Universal would handle this, but if it becomes true, it would be a shame. I always thought that Poseidon's Fury was one of the most innovative attractions in the park next to Spiderman.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:36 am

Too bad they're getting rid of it, that water-vortex was wicked

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!