Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1326: Race Through New York Grand Opening Event!
Users viewing this topic: DBru and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:18 pm

^True. Now that HHN is over, look for construction to pick up considerably.

My prediction: HRRR will open mid-May and Manta 1st week in June.

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:10 pm

^Historically, new rides at Universal open May or June. As for Sea World, I believe Kraken opened in May or June 2000.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby demagio2364 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:13 pm

They are not replacing Dueling Dragons construction is going on around it!The ride will close to the ending of this year and next year for the construction of harry potter.If you saw the concept drawings of the land it still has dueling dragons in the picture if they where they would of announced it.I know this because I'm a annual passholder.Please post correct information instead of false information.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:24 pm

^ I think beardedbil meant basically what you said even if he may have mis-spoke.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:01 pm

I've read that as much as 90 percent of the queue will be changed to fit the Tri-Wizard Tournament theme. As for the skulls, Merlin's book, etc., I'm really not sure what Universal will do with that stuff.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:53 am

^It's a good bet Ozzy, Manson and Danzig would be fighting over the loot at the garage sale. :devil:

Ozzy - "Shaaaaarrrrroooonnnn! Manson hit me!"
Danzig - "Does this come with f*&#&$ elvin blood?"
Manson - "Anybody wanna hear Disposable Teens? Anyone?"

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:44 am

SLUSHIE wrote:I always thought it was dumb that they built the park with really no room for expansion... other than... well. This.

You can get away with that when you build one of the most amazing, complete, theme parks right from the beginning.

Norway Smells Like Farts

Postby vekoma_fan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:49 pm

as long as it opens before july 10th I'm happy! Because that's my last day working for disney and will go back to norway, And i really want to try this one before I go back home!!!!
"don't mind SLC's" says the person posting as vekoma_fan!!!! :b

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:28 pm

Well, I've got two new photos to share, one of which has something we've yet to see--track!

I do apologize for the distance of the photo, but it was taken from my bus this morning as we were driving, so I didn't have much time to take the photo or even to zoom as I barely knew where to look...
IMGP0496.JPG
You are looking at (from a distance) the first piece(s) of track for Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit.
IMGP0498.JPG
Supports for the coaster have lined this street for weeks now...
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:41 pm

Hey folks. I was out at the park yesterday and they are starting to move along pretty well with the construction. There are many footers completed, especially in the area in front of Blue Man. I also saw a large hole in this area which seems to be the area of the Drop Tuning section, there are trenches everywhere but this hole is pretty deep. Some block work has started as well, it seems to be in the vicinity of the new permanent stage. There is re-bar work and footer framing through the entire constuction area. It wont be long now, we will be vertical soon.

I wish we could get a better look at the area, they have it blocked off really well.

I think the red and tan color scheme will look very cool.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!