Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1399: Holidays at Universal Media Event Photo Report!
Users viewing this topic: 1aflack, ernierocker and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby DILinator » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:14 pm

djackson wrote:
spideymummy wrote:
Rcp123190 wrote:
cookiex wrote:
DorneyKid14 wrote:Over/under that this will become a Harry potter attraction?

The statement says it's a franchise Universal owns themselves. I'm betting on Secret Life of Pets.

Secret Life Of Pets would be a decent addition but I don't think it will happen, but I am personally betting more money on that it will somehow be Fast and the Furious franchise! It's their most bankable franchise in history!

I've been hearing based around the Bourne franchise

That would be extremely dumb in my opinion. The target audience of Universal doesn't really connect with that franchise. Universal is about putting in relatable content.

Thank goodness your opinion is just that! The Bourne franchise is one of the best movie franchises in existence, and a ride based on it could potentially be awesome! I'm not sure why you're saying the target audience doesn't really connect with it, or what you're assuming the target audience is. But again, thankfully, I don't think your opinion is shared by the masses. That franchise rocks!
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:11 am

DILinator wrote:
djackson wrote:
spideymummy wrote:
Rcp123190 wrote:
cookiex wrote:
DorneyKid14 wrote:Over/under that this will become a Harry potter attraction?

The statement says it's a franchise Universal owns themselves. I'm betting on Secret Life of Pets.

Secret Life Of Pets would be a decent addition but I don't think it will happen, but I am personally betting more money on that it will somehow be Fast and the Furious franchise! It's their most bankable franchise in history!

I've been hearing based around the Bourne franchise

That would be extremely dumb in my opinion. The target audience of Universal doesn't really connect with that franchise. Universal is about putting in relatable content.

Thank goodness your opinion is just that! The Bourne franchise is one of the best movie franchises in existence, and a ride based on it could potentially be awesome! I'm not sure why you're saying the target audience doesn't really connect with it, or what you're assuming the target audience is. But again, thankfully, I don't think your opinion is shared by the masses. That franchise rocks!

The target audience is families with pre-teens and teens. As a teenager, I can assure you that we don't really connect to that franchise.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:33 am

^ The Bourne franchise is still pretty popular. I don't think there are any diehards for the movies, but other than the Jeremy Renner one, they're crowd pleasers for anyone who is a fan of action movies.

I'm disappointed to see Terminator go since the first two films in that franchise are two of my favorite films, but I understand this move. At least I can still watch it on YouTube.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Chiselphane » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:24 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ The Bourne franchise is still pretty popular. I don't think there are any diehards for the movies, but other than the Jeremy Renner one, they're crowd pleasers for anyone who is a fan of action movies.

I'm disappointed to see Terminator go since the first two films in that franchise are two of my favorite films, but I understand this move. At least I can still watch it on YouTube.

What would be really cool is if Universal released the video portions in some format. As a fan of the films I really dug the Cyberdyne commercial, it gave them more depth than the films portrayed.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Satans Hockey » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:34 am

Universal doesn't own it but seeing the Bourne posts makes me wish they had the rights to do something for James Bond.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby cookiex » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:17 am

The Bourne franchise may skew older but that doesn't mean that an attraction based on it wouldn't be successful. Terminator 2 3D was based on an R-rated movie after all.

And the last Bourne movie made over four-hundred million dollars worldwide even if it was seen as a disappointment quality-wise. Surely it has to have connected on some level.
Last edited by cookiex on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:48 am.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I Love Donkeys!

Postby IndoorSurvivalist » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:10 pm

I've been been in complete disbelief for days now, that Dueling Dragons will no longer exist.

When I first went to IoA, it had to have been 2000, and This was no doubt my favorite ride there, it probably still was the last time I went in 2010 (which holy crap I can't believe that was 7 years ago). Obviously I share the same sentiments as everyone else.

Inverts were my favorite type of coaster for the longest time, and while DD was not the best invert, it had my favorite element. The second helix into the helix was just awesome.

In my earlier visits to IoA, I also remember the re-ride door, which was great for short cutting the unnecessarily long queue line. I remember on my last trip after it turned into Dragon Challenge the re-ride door was no longer available, but you could still see where the sign hung from the ceiling and obviously the actual door was still there. If there was one (affordable) aspect of the ride I could have taken home, it would have been that sign.

Postby toughmudder » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:46 am

Interesting...

Lance over on Screamscape just posted a video of some of the first sections of DD being taken apart. It appears that they are being quite careful with the removal (not a rip it down destruction type of thing). Could it be headed to another park? One can dream...
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:31 pm.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby kenban » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Take another look at the video. The bolts were cut, you can see heat damage to the paint and a chunk of the plate is missing next to where one of the bolts was located. Pretty sure they are just doing it this way so that it is easier to transport to the metal recycler.

Postby toughmudder » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:09 pm

kenban wrote:Take another look at the video. The bolts were cut, you can see heat damage to the paint and a chunk of the plate is missing next to where one of the bolts was located. Pretty sure they are just doing it this way so that it is easier to transport to the metal recycler.

Good observations... I didn't pick up on all that. Bummer :cry:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!