Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1399: Holidays at Universal Media Event Photo Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:34 pm

^
Terminator 2: 3-D at Universal Studios Florida will run its last shows on Sunday, October 8 to make way for an all-new live action experience based on a high-energy Universal franchise. It will open in 2019. This is one of many exciting new experiences coming to Universal Orlando Resort as we continue our epic growth. Stay tuned – more details will be released soon.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby raptor6 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:38 pm

^I guess that i missed that part...

But the positioning of T2:3D and Woody Woodpecker Kids Zone actually works (at least per the park map). I thought that I was onto something...
My full roller coaster list is found here: http://www.coastercounter.com/nextyear

I teach at the school of donkey!

Location: Outside Six Flags Great America Waiting For Opening Day

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:16 am

My only rides on DD were back in 2003(4). From what I can remember I enjoyed it a lot.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby CedarFlags » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:39 am

I remember when Terminator was fairly new at USH and thinking it was really a lot of fun. When I went to UOR for the first time in February of this year, Terminator stuck out to me as being very retro in comparison with the rest of the park. I remember thinking to myself "wow, they either need to do a major refurb on this or replace it, cuz it does not vibe well with everything else." I'm glad they at least made the decision.

The other attraction that stuck out to me was E.T. I really hope that one sticks around for a while, because it's so charming, but it also needs a lot of work to rise up to the standard of the newer attractions.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby bgtlover » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:46 am

raptor6 wrote:^I guess that i missed that part...

But the positioning of T2:3D and Woody Woodpecker Kids Zone actually works (at least per the park map). I thought that I was onto something...

Unless they were to remove ET and that backstage area behind it, it wouldn't work.
wwkzusfa.jpg
Current Coaster Count: 87
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:10 am

raptor6 wrote:My guess for the replacement of T2:3D is that it will be part of the future Nintendo Land. It appears that the current Woody Woodpecker Kid Zone and T2:3D could be combined together for a giant patch of land for Mario, Link, and Donkey Kong.

Nintendo Land is going here:
nintendo land.jpg

There is already more than enough room to work with there and T2 isn't anywhere near this area.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:51 pm

^I don't have a link of course, but also the animal actors stage is a goner and will be the main entrance for Nintendo land according to that extremely detailed map leak from earlier this year. And also it doesn't go back so far. ET was perfectly safe as well. That leak was also scrubbed from the internet in like 2 days.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:49 pm

BlahBlahson wrote:^I don't have a link of course, but also the animal actors stage is a goner and will be the main entrance for Nintendo land according to that extremely detailed map leak from earlier this year. And also it doesn't go back so far. ET was perfectly safe as well. That leak was also scrubbed from the internet in like 2 days.

Thanks. My box was really just an approximate of where it would go. And really, it does show just how much room they DO have back there! Enough room for some really awesome physical non-screen based rides! ;)

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Rcp123190 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:19 pm

cookiex wrote:
DorneyKid14 wrote:Over/under that this will become a Harry potter attraction?

The statement says it's a franchise Universal owns themselves. I'm betting on Secret Life of Pets.

Secret Life Of Pets would be a decent addition but I don't think it will happen, but I am personally betting more money on that it will somehow be Fast and the Furious franchise! It's their most bankable franchise in history!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby djmadmanray » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Fast And Furious is already on the way, going where Disaster/Earthquake was, opening next year.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!