Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1423: Holidays at Universal Orlando media preview report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
token black guy

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby jarmor » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:49 pm

I think this is great but my only problem is your eyes adjusting from complete brightness to almost darkness.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:34 am

Oh man I thought they were going to say they're just going to keep it open nightly going forward, haha. It would be so cool to have a year round haunt and change the story/IP every quarter.

Stranger Things...Day? :roll: Okay everyone gets one I guess.

When is it Theme Park Review day?
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:35 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:Oh man I thought they were going to say they're just going to keep it open nightly going forward, haha. It would be so cool to have a year round haunt and change the story/IP every quarter.

Many locals are assuming this is kind of a 'test' to see if we'll get a year round house similar to USH.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:54 am

^I'm hoping it pans out! I'd much rather get a year round Stranger Things house than a year round Walking Dead house!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:43 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:Oh man I thought they were going to say they're just going to keep it open nightly going forward, haha. It would be so cool to have a year round haunt and change the story/IP every quarter.

Stranger Things...Day? :roll: Okay everyone gets one I guess.

When is it Theme Park Review day?

November 6 was the day Will Byers disappeared in the show.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:36 am

Last night TPR was invited to attend a media preview of this year's Holidays at Universal Orlando offerings! Across both parks, Universal puts their own spin on the holidays, offering extra entertainment, decor and delicious treats for all guests to enjoy.

At Universal's Islands of Adventure, guests can experience Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter which includes holiday decor, a special holiday set for the Frog Choir and The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle, a nighttime projection show on Hogwarts Castle itself... And in time for the season, Warm Butterbeer makes its delicious return! The Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular returns this year for guests at Islands of Adventure. This classic show debuts a new set this year, which looks fantastic--and the Grinch is as terribly fun as usual! ;)

Over at Universal Studios Florida, Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter carries over to London and Diagon Alley with additional decor and a holiday show for Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees. Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy's returns after its debut last year, running on select nights throughout the season. Mannheim Steamroller also returns for live performances of the holiday classics on select evenings.

Even at the resort hotels across property, you'll find special holiday decor, photo opportunities and some special moments!

And don't forget, if you're looking to experience New Year's Eve at Universal, EVE at Universal CityWalk is definitely the way to go!

There's plenty to experience this year for the Holidays at Universal Orlando--I highly recommend you plan to visit to soak in the holidays!
1.jpg
We’re experiencing a bit of a snow flurry tonight for the holidays media preview event!
2.jpg
Some savory options for the season...
3.jpg
Voodoo Doughnut has debuted a new Grinch-inspired doughnut for the holidays and it is easily my favorite creation of theirs so far (it had a tart pineapple filling)!
4.jpg
There are a bunch of new holiday treats to enjoy this year across the Universal Orlando Resort!
5.jpg
Which would you want?
6.jpg
Dig in!
7.JPG
King Julien from the Madagascar films gave us a little taste of Universal’s Holiday Parade Featuring Macy’s!
8.jpg
The incredible Mannheim Steamroller returns to Universal Studios Florida for live performances of their holiday classics on select nights throughout the season!
9.jpg
This huge Christmas tree is a centerpiece of the holiday decor in Universal Studios Florida and lights up as a part of Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s.
10.JPG
Time to see one of the first showings of this awesome holiday parade!
11.JPG
The characters from the Despicable Me films are the first you see in the parade.
12.JPG
Float Bob!
13.JPG
The Minions certainly know how to celebrate the holidays!
14.JPG
The Penguins of Madagascar lead the pack for the next group of floats and balloons.
15.JPG
King Julien enjoys a moving throne that rolls down the parade route with a giant pineapple in tow.
16.JPG
Your favorite Madagascar characters make their appearance on the parade route too.
17.JPG
Gingy from Shrek looks awesome!
18.JPG
Pretty awesome!
19.JPG
What's not to love about Shrek?
20.JPG
Some more iconic imagery from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade marks the beginning of the end of the parade...
21.JPG
Santa's little helpers bring a flurry of snow with them!
22.JPG
The arrival of Santa Claus marks the finale of Universal’s Holiday Parade Featuring Macy’s!
23.JPG
The Whos of Whoville welcomed us to the new set of The Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular!
24.JPG
We got the chance to spend some more time with the Grinch!
25.jpg
He even took the time to answer a few questions--and his responses were very honest!
26.jpg
Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter sees Hogsmeade dressed up for the holidays...
27.jpg
The additions are subtle and charming.
28.jpg
New magic is headed to Hogsmeade next year where Dragon Challenge/Dueling Dragons used to be.
29.jpg
That's right folks! Hot Butterbeer is back for the season!
30.jpg
The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle returns to Hogsmeade to enchant guests in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
31.jpg
The show really brings out a unique beauty in Hogwarts Castle.
32.jpg
The color really pops during this show!
33.jpg
I love the spotlight effect too...
34.jpg
There are even a few fireworks!
35.jpg
Thanks to Universal Orlando for hosting us for this preview event! We'll definitely be visiting the resort again soon to check out all of the Holidays at Universal Orlando offerings again!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!