TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

^Funny story about the Sinbad show!

When Robb and I were narrowing down wedding locations (a long time ago!) we had it down to Universal or Disney. We did a great tour of Universal with their events people and were really close to booking the wedding/reception in Lost Continent with the main meal at Mythos, would have been awesome! The point of contention that ruined the deal was that they insisted we *HAD* to include one showing of the Sinbad show at a cost of $5k. Nope. Dealbreaker.

That's amazing, I wonder how many others bailed when they mentioned they had to pay to have a Sinbad show too haha

I am starting to wonder if they will ever build another luxury resort like Portofino and Hardrock ever again . . .

Let's be honest here... I don't think the clientele they have been going after the past few years are really the "luxury resort" type. If anything, I could totally see them taking a hotel like Royal Pacific and "downgrading" it to match the other lower-cost hotels along that stretch of their property.

Lol you are correct. The value resorts just don't pull me in when I know I can get other 3-4 star accomodations off site for about half the price if I time it well . . .

When Robb and I were narrowing down wedding locations (a long time ago!) we had it down to Universal or Disney. We did a great tour of Universal with their events people and were really close to booking the wedding/reception in Lost Continent with the main meal at Mythos, would have been awesome! The point of contention that ruined the deal was that they insisted we *HAD* to include one showing of the Sinbad show at a cost of $5k. Nope. Dealbreaker.

Oh, Universal . . .

The Eighth Voyage of Sinbad show at Islands of Adventure is set to close on September 15, 2018.

I have never actually seen this show.... and now I never will!

You passed up a chance to pay five grand to see it.

Edited by cfc

I think you made the right decision by getting Chip & Dale instead!

^I think there are 3 possibilities:

1.) They will "fix" the Lost Continent by putting in bigger and better attractions.

2.) Harry Potter will take over the rest of LC.

3.) LC will be themed to another IP.

My feeling is that 2 & 3 are more likely.

If that area turns into more "Potterverse", I'd say Universal has just about created an actual Harry Potter Park.

In two sections/Lands, connected by the train.

Wonder what they could/would do with Kong....

P.S. Are Harry Potter fans called....Pottheads?

The Universal Orlando Resort has sent us a press release announcing "The Horrors of Blumhouse" maze coming to this year's Halloween Horror Nights!

“The Horrors of Blumhouse” makes an encore performance at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights, bringing leading producer of horror Jason Blum’s blockbusters to life in all-new mazes at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, beginning Friday, September 14.

Partnering with the creative minds at Blumhouse Productions (Get Out, Insidious, Split), Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort will unleash a series of Blum’s most terrifying films at the nation’s most intense and immersive Halloween events.

At Universal Studios Hollywood, “The Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter Two” maze takes guests on a terrifying journey that begins at the entrance to a dilapidated movie theatre, where a compilation of horror films play out in real life. In Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare, guests will succumb to an ancient curse that has been unleashed by a group of unsuspecting college students….forcing them to play a game where the stakes are life and death. In Unfriended, guests become pawns to a supernatural entity that has invaded a chat room. Drawing inspiration from Blumhouse Productions’ infamous opening title sequence, the final feature will lure guests into a creepy old house to answer desperate cries of help…only to discover that they have actually entered a paranormal world where real-life nightmares threaten to trap them forever in misery.

At Universal Orlando Resort, “The Horrors of Blumhouse” maze will bring guests face-to-face with the most gruesome scenes from the déjà vu thriller Happy Death Day, as well as from The First Purge, the newly-released prequel to The Purge series. In Happy Death Day, guests will be transported to the film’s college town, where they will be forced to relive the last day of a student’s life over and over again…until she breaks the murderous cycle. Then, in The First Purge, guests will run for their lives as menacing citizens from the film hunt them as part of the first barbaric government experiment where all crime is declared legal for 12 hours.

Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited Halloween Horror Nights to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each park’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

For more information about Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com. Additional details about the events will be revealed soon. All tickets and vacation packages are now on sale.

The-Horrors-of-Blumhouse-Returns-to-Halloween-Horror-Nights-1024x640.thumb.jpg.254f64635f8b3d522e6e9e8fd9c9d4f0.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

If this is the start of the rumored Ministry of Magic expansion I will be very, very upset.

I was under the impression that the Ministry of Magic expansion would be on the USO side of the property as an extension off of London/Diagon Alley in the plot currently occupied by the Fear Factor Live Stage.

How many more houses left to announce? One? Damn, the one year I'm going to visit there's nothing that interests me. It's HHN so I'm sure everything is really well done, but to justify paying ~$200 for entry + Express is getting tough this year. I'm sure everyone will love Stranger Things. Interested to see how Universal does that house.

How many more houses left to announce? One? Damn, the one year I'm going to visit there's nothing that interests me. It's HHN so I'm sure everything is really well done, but to justify paying ~$200 for entry + Express is getting tough this year. I'm sure everyone will love Stranger Things. Interested to see how Universal does that house.

I was kind of thinking the same thing, I mean I am interested in the Stranger Things house because I like the show but other than that there's not much this year that seems like it's can't miss. If I do make it to a park Halloween event this year it'll probably be at Busch Gardens (which I prefer anyways).

The Sinbad show was a little different when IOA first opened, but it always has been pretty cheesy.

The Sinbad show wasn't nearly as bad as Bandits Out of Time. *shudder*

When I was a kid I remember the show being so awesome... But I saw it a few months back and cringed the whole time. It will not be missed.

Hopefully it is replaced with something good, I just hope it is not harry potter related.

Look, just being honest here... Most of the houses tend to blend together anyway. They are all really good and I do enjoy them for what they are, but after you've been going to HHN for so many years you start to see a lot of the same effects and props just recycled into different houses. So even if you went into it not caring about any of the "themes" of any of the houses, they'll still be some of the better looking houses you'll walk through.

I only just wish one of these years they'd cut back on all the damn audio triggers and just let the scareactors emote and "scare" more like they used to.

If this is the start of the rumored Ministry of Magic expansion I will be very, very upset.

I was under the impression that the Ministry of Magic expansion would be on the USO side of the property as an extension off of London/Diagon Alley in the plot currently occupied by the Fear Factor Live Stage.

That actually makes a lot of sense, as the Ministry of Magic is in London (like all the other UK ministries are). I really hate to be this pedantic, and I never am normally, but Rowling is particular and has some creative control over what Universal does, so she will insist that things be as close to the books as possible.

I do enjoy Harry Potter but I have to point out a “Ministry of Magic” expansion after Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, and a New Potter coaster is starting to sound like overkill. I mean I get it, it prints money.

Look, just being honest here... Most of the houses tend to blend together anyway. They are all really good and I do enjoy them for what they are, but after you've been going to HHN for so many years you start to see a lot of the same effects and props just recycled into different houses. So even if you went into it not caring about any of the "themes" of any of the houses, they'll still be some of the better looking houses you'll walk through.

I only just wish one of these years they'd cut back on all the damn audio triggers and just let the scareactors emote and "scare" more like they used to.

Good to know, Robb, appreciate the honest thoughts. Definitely will be thinking about that advice while I'm planning out the weekend!