TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

Uhhh....it was, 2 pages ago.

The Universal Orlando Resort has announced the next themed maze coming to Halloween Horror Nights this year... Dead Exposure: Patient Zero!

I'm excited to reveal the second haunted house coming to Halloween Horror Nights 2018. This fall, fear will infect you in a brand new house that lives within a world of a fan-favorite from our past: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero.

The original Dead Exposure house shook guests to their core. Easily one of the most terrifying houses we’ve ever had—you entered complete darkness with only bright flashes revealing the zombie horde surrounding you.

We’re bringing back that same terror. But this time, we’re dropping you in the middle of Paris in 1982. The city of lights has gone dark as chaos spreads, unchecked. Hordes of vicious, flesh-eating undead are swarming the streets.

[attachment=0]Dead-Exposure-Patient-Zero-Skulls.jpg[/attachment]

The military is forcing those not affected into quarantine and a vaccination is being given. It’s the only chance to ward off the sickness but there are major side effects… blindness.

You’ll be lost in the darkness as the undead hunt you. An attack can come from anywhere. You don’t have to remember the original house, to understand this single truth: They will find you.

This is our first original house announced for this year’s event. We’ve got even more haunted houses and scare zones to announce for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. This year’s event will take place on select nights Sept. 14 through Nov. 3.

Bookmark the blog for updates and click here to grab the special Flex Ticket offer that gives you an extra free night of scares. You may want to hurry though, as this offer is only available until June 6.

Im hearing some scuttlebutt about a new gravity group coaster going into Jurassic Park close to the old Triceratops Encounter site, any merit to this? Any activity in the area? I know many years ago there was a smaller wooden coaster in the plans for IoA. With white lightning and mine blower being big hits I do hope this is true.

Also seems like Orlando May be updating JPRA but NOT go for a Jurassic World overlay as seen in Hollywood which I’m also hoping is the case. I believe if they ever get the third park going perhaps we will see some Jurassic world additions there. I kind of like the thought of two varying river rides between Orlando and Hollywood. Fingers crossed.

Universal has sent us a press release announcing that Trick ‘r Treat will be coming to Halloween Horror Bights at Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood!

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Beginning September 14, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood will bring Legendary Pictures’ cult Halloween classic Trick ‘r Treat to life in all-new Halloween Horror Nights mazes that dare guests to live by the rules or suffer the consequences.

Based on the critically-acclaimed and fan-favorite movie, directed by Michael Dougherty, the “Trick ‘r Treat” maze will transport guests to Warren Valley, Ohio on Halloween night to celebrate the holiday’s dark traditions. Recreating some of the anthology’s most iconic scenes, the disturbing new maze invites brave thrill-seekers to become entwined within the secrets of this sleepy suburban town.

Guests will experience some of the film’s most grisly scenes and encounter hauntingly familiar characters. They will meander through Mr. Kreeg’s infamous house, watch as college students viciously transform into bloodthirsty werewolves and dismember the town, as well as come face-to-face with Sam – the spirit of Halloween – who readies to punish those who break the holiday’s tradition.

Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” in Hollywood and Orlando to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each coast’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

Additional details about Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” will be revealed soon. Select tickets and vacation packages for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights are on sale now. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” at either Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.

D66D9BDF-4C85-4D17-AC46-BF9F24BE1367.thumb.jpeg.88ec6fd4ef4a342c7418b65506b795ea.jpeg

Edited by jedimaster1227

YES! ABSOLUTELY! ONE HUNDRED PERCENT YES! LET'S GO!

So hyped for HHN this year, holy crap. This and Stranger Things in the same event? I've never pre-ordered tickets for a Halloween event before, and this just might be the one to break that.

• 3 weeks later...

Normally I don't put much stock in people's guesses as to what a new attraction is going to be before it's officially announced, but this seems to be spot on.

This person is claiming it to be an intiman ride. They also claim(And show) the layout by looking at a overhead view on the footers. It's also mentioned that it will have 3 indoor sections, and use the station and q line from dragons. Not saying this person is correct. But it's makes sense. It's worth checking out.

^ Yeah, I looked at this video earlier and it impressed me, that so much was "figured out" by this person.

Definitely makes the project a huge and ambitious one for Universal. The spike part is especially interesting.

If all of that, is actually what is to be.

When Universal took out Dragons, I thought they were just going to put in another simulator/dark ride. I am pleasantly surprised that they might actually be building a worthy successor to Dragons.

I would love to see something like a more intense Taron. When I rode that, I thought an Intamin launch coaster like that would look perfect in Dragon's old spot. Good to know that might actually be a reality.

I would love to see something like a more intense Taron. When I rode that, I thought an Intamin launch coaster like that would look perfect in Dragon's old spot. Good to know that might actually be a reality.

I wouldn't get yourself too excited. I'm expecting nothing more than a more intense Thirteen or something similar to Juvelen / Wave Breaker in terms of coaster experience. Perhaps the show elements and story will be worlds above Dragon Challenge (likely), but I really don't think this will end up anywhere near the top of anyone's coaster lists. I'm baking a humble pie just in case, of course.

Normally I don't put much stock in people's guesses as to what a new attraction is going to be before it's officially announced, but this seems to be spot on.

This person is claiming it to be an intiman ride. They also claim(And show) the layout by looking at a overhead view on the footers. It's also mentioned that it will have 3 indoor sections, and use the station and q line from dragons. Not saying this person is correct. But it's makes sense. It's worth checking out.

I think she's legit. I've seen her post on another universal forum.

• 2 weeks later...

The Universal Orlando Resort has sent us a press release announcing the new nighttime lagoon show coming to Universal Studios Florida this Summer, "Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration!"

Starting this summer, Universal Orlando will take its nighttime lagoon show to the next level in “Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration.” The all-new lagoon show will give guests a brand-new, awe-inspiring way to cap off their day in Universal Studios as they enjoy an epic cinema under the stars on select nights.

“Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration” will seamlessly blend fountain-based media, a variety of state-of-the-art technologies and special effects in a whole new way. The show combines an all-new storyline with full panoramic water screens accented by additional multi-layer water screens, pyrotechnics and – for the first time ever – more than 120 dancing fountains and projection mapping to transform the entire waterfront and surrounding buildings into a vivid celebration of epic movie moments and beloved characters.

And, guests will be able to enjoy “Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration” from an all-new, dedicated viewing area designed specifically for the show – giving them prime viewing of the experience.

Guests will witness moments from the Harry Potter series conjured by way of spells, ear-shattering roars from dinosaurs in Jurassic World, the adrenaline rush of speed from The Fast & the Furious, mischief by the Minions from Illumination’s Despicable Me and more come to life right before their very eyes – all in the heart of the Universal Studios Florida lagoon.

This summer, guests will now have two new spectacular nighttime shows to enjoy as part of their visit to Universal’s theme parks – “Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration” in Universal Studios Florida and “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle” in Universal’s Islands of Adventure. There are a variety of special offers available for guests to see both and experience all of the award-winning experiences that Universal Orlando has to offer, including the unprecedented 2nd Day FREE offer exclusive to Florida residents. For more information, visit http://www.UniversalOrlando.com.

FC238D3E-D830-4B52-9DA3-F75CBCE15A07.thumb.jpeg.333b6b8b4b7b87f19ab48bec8c7db2a3.jpeg

Edited by jedimaster1227

OMG that's one of my favorite movies and no joke. I'm broke as hell though, we are scraping together pennies as it is to get my daughter there next year for her 11th birthday. (We have a family tradition of taking our kids on their 11th birthday, as that's when kids start at Hogwarts)

The two final scare zones were also announced for this year's event, featuring two iconic horror films!

https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/chucky-and-killer-klowns-hhn/

This fall, the world’s most deadliest doll and hungry Killer Klowns from Outer Space will invade Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. Get ready for two new scare zones.

Revenge-of-Chucky-at-Universal-Orlandos-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2018-1170x731.thumb.jpg.c0fb1e1f1a91848c6f6824fdbeede12b.jpg

First up—Chucky is back! After 30 years of mayhem, he’s creating chaos in the streets during a toy fair that’s turned lethal in the Revenge of Chucky scare zone. At this festival of toys, Chucky has twisted these playthings into new nightmares. Chucky himself rules this zone as he commands his minions to carve up some horror. This scare zone will be a tortuous delight to behold as he dishes out some revenge personally.

Killer-Klowns-from-Outer-Space-at-Universal-Orlandos-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2018.thumb.jpg.df5439e73a0d2ee667fb0e49ef0b4f26.jpg

The horror and fun keeps coming as we bring to you Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures’ cult classic, sci-fi horror film Killer Klowns from Outer Space. As you enter the domain of these Killer Klowns, the smell of cotton candy hides the fact that this is all trick and no treat. This sweet candy is spun from human victims grotesquely cocooned inside giant pods of cotton candy. Try and escape the Killer Klowns or you’ll face the wrath of their cotton candy rayguns that turn you into a tasty cotton candy snack.

Revenge-of-Chucky-at-Universal-Orlandos-Halloween-Horror-Nights.thumb.jpg.91793a2bc6d863718b1a62e6f41a4a1a.jpg

Earlier this month, we revealed three scare zones with their very own haunting stories. These original Scare Zones were Vamp 85: New Year’s Eve, Twisted Traditions and The Harvest. Click here for details.

The nightmares and frights inspired from 1980’s horror films are taking over this year’s event. You’ll face your greatest fears of the past in 10 houses featuring the biggest names in horror like Netflix’s “Stranger Things” and Legendary Pictures’ “Trick ‘r Treat”. Brave five spine-chilling scare zones with hordes of menacing creatures. And watch the powerhouse dance crew, Academy of Villains, kill it with a new show packed with twisted entertainment.

Catch up on all the gruesome details for Halloween Horror Nights and get your tickets now. You’ve got 34 nights to choose from between Sept. 14 – Nov. 3. We’re inching closer and closer to our favorite time of year!

Universal Orlando Resort has also announced that this year's Halloween Horror Nights will feature a new 80's inspired house, Slaughter Sinema!

Slaughter-Sinema-Premieres-at-Halloween-Horror-Nights-1170x731.thumb.jpg.5bafda30b6a3119beed9a7556f533966.jpg

We’re taking 80s B-movie monsters and creatures and putting them into one frightening experience—Slaughter Sinema. This new haunted house joins the line-up of original storylines you’ll brave at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 28.

It’s showtime at the local drive-in. As you approach, you’ll see movie trailers of what you’re about to witness, filling you with dread as you make your way inside. The smell of popcorn will be first to hit your senses as you find yourself in a movie theater snack bar. But from there, it’s all downhill for this double-feature.

In one film, you’ll be hunted by werewolf bikers. In another, you’ll come across a bloody, gut-strewn pumpkin patch. And did I mention deadly barbers?

You’ll find yourself screaming through this sinister sinema as you try to avoid becoming the snack of alien cannibals, creatures with tons of teeth and a ravenous swamp yeti. Yes, you read that right.

Here are a few movie posters of the fearsome flicks you’ll see.

Cult-of-the-Beast-Baby-Halloween-Horror-Nights.thumb.jpg.0c084cd92bb3b1d8cf9e238c6ed57335.jpg

515978190_SlaughterSinema-AmazonCannibalsfromPlanetHell.jpg.62506d58fbeb7d787b5b1245cf1e830e.jpg

Slaughter-Sinema-Pumpkin-Guts.thumb.jpg.19b0209730abab5c5344397c5ddcc4be.jpg

This year’s event is going to be intense with more haunted houses than ever, terrifying scare zones and a powerhouse show. It’s time to get your tickets or book a vacation package and start dreaming of the nightmares that await you this fall from Sept. 14 – Nov. 3. Click here to receive upcoming details on this year’s event.

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 2 weeks later...

The Universal Orlando Resort has announced that their new nighttime lagoon show, Universal Orlando's Cinematic Celebration is now officially open!

Universal Orlando Resort’s all-new nighttime lagoon show – Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration – officially opens tonight at Universal Studios Florida. Guests now have a brand-new way to cap off their day in Universal Studios as they enjoy an “epic cinema under the stars” in the heart of the theme park.

The show seamlessly blends panoramic water screens accented by multi-layer water screens, pyrotechnics, lasers, projection mapping and more than 120 dancing fountains to transform the lagoon and surrounding buildings into a vivid celebration of beloved characters from Universal attractions and some of the world’s biggest films. And guests will watch it all come to life in an all-new dedicated viewing area designed specifically for the show.

Guests will witness moments from the Harry Potter film series conjured by way of spells, terrifying roars from Jurassic World dinosaurs, high-octane action from the Fast & Furious films, mischief by the Minions from Illumination’s Despicable Me and more come to life each night in the heart of the Universal Studios lagoon.

Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration runs select nights this summer. Guests can now enjoy two spectacular nighttime shows during their visit to Universal Orlando Resort this summer – Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration in Universal Studios Florida and The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle in Universal’s Islands of Adventure.

For more information, dates and times for Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration, visit http://www.UniversalOrlando.com.

1031371908_UniversalOrlandosCinematicCelebration_1.thumb.jpg.52939ebfe39cb8ffc56448b99c99ff0e.jpg

1411054390_UniversalOrlandosCinematicCelebration_2.thumb.jpg.c5ac22dcd6ff9f686356fb995e3aacba.jpg

1408012717_UniversalOrlandosCinematicCelebration_3.thumb.jpg.c0b4f0735d42bb98b636cc354120a6db.jpg

254984324_UniversalOrlandosCinematicCelebration_4.thumb.png.fe7e54c001cfaee9aa0591a36ec8784e.png

974583786_UniversalOrlandosCinematicCelebration_5.thumb.jpg.78ab8d0e9d3c7693251a7d29ff238d08.jpg

918683203_UniversalOrlandosCinematicCelebration_6.thumb.jpg.ddf2a56a5fc764c2de800b990deb1fa8.jpg

358852276_UniversalOrlandosCinematicCelebration_7.thumb.jpg.a0c8185110d214b6a8af1cfd01080e87.jpg

227453417_UniversalOrlandosCinematicCelebration_8.thumb.jpg.808a1137548ddbf5e46d721133a552f9.jpg

Here are some of the highlights from the opening night of the new show.

Yes, it's basically a "World of Color Knock-Off" but I think it's exactly what Universal Orlando needed and I think fans of the park and the properties included in the show will absoultely love it!