TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Overrated coaster?

The coaster I think was most overrated was Millennium Force at Cedar Point. I know everybody loves this coaster and I do to, but all the hype about it, made me think it was going to be better then it actually was. I love Cedar Point and every coaster there I just didn't think Millennium Force was as good as it should have been.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaster I think was most overrated was Millennium Force at Cedar Point. I know everybody loves this coaster and I do to, but all the hype about it, made me think it was going to be better then it actually was. I love Cedar Point and every coaster there I just didn't think Millennium Force was as good as it should have been.

I'll second that. It's a pretty fun ride, but by no means the greatest in the world or whatever. Millennium Force has "Disney airtime". Actually, strike that. The airtime on MK Space Mountain that you get on the drop next to the lift hill is better than anything on Millennium Force.

The Beast. Most people, or atleast people around KI, are all "OMG longest wooden coaster, it's the best!" It used to be amazing, though.

Wicked Twister was cool the first time, bet then it just was boring.

Let's rename this thread to "Let's bash MF on how it's boring and has mediocre airtime at best, besides the first drop"

MF doesn't really seem overrated to me. It doesn't have a ton of airtime but thats not the point of the ride.

The Beast would also get my vote. It was cool, but I didn't see what all the fuss was about other than the nice woodsy location.

Air Time doesn't make a coaster.

I have ridden 2 of the S:ROS's and while I enjoy them both and the when at SFNE is the best, it isn't a really fun ride just because of some air time

Millennium Force and Dragster are really fun as well

I really don't have a most overrated because I love all coasters

Perhaps if I ever get to parts of Europe other than Alton Towers I can comment

Which leads me to......Oblivion, if I had to choose 1 overrated ride that would be it.

Ka gets my vote, I was so ready for it to be awesome, but it did nothing at all!

I don't know why people bash S:ROS, it hardly gets any hype, people put MF and Expedition Geforce above. If anything, it is a gem in the rough. I find many people being surprised in how good it is.

Ka gets my vote, I was so ready for it to be awesome, but it did nothing at all!

I don't know why people bash S:ROS, it hardly gets any hype, people put MF and Expedition Geforce above. If anything, it is a gem in the rough. I find many people being surprised in how good it is.

Being #1 in both the Internet Coaster Poll and Golden Ticket Awards for 2006 is hardly any hype?

Hmmm....I really cant think of any right now.

Of my limited coaster count, the general population has been usually fair about different coasters, if not criticizing them more than complimenting. It's more common for me to get off a ride and say "now, that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be" than the opposite.

As a matter of fact, I am the #1 reason I'll get off a ride somewhat dissapointed. It isn't uncommon for me to ride a ride and have it unexpectedly blow me away. I then hype it up so much in my own mind, that by the time I get back on it again, it isn't quite as great as I remember it!

-Jahan

I really don't think Millennium Force is overrated. It's atleast as good as S:ROS SFNE. And how can Wicked Twister be overrated? When did it ever get much hype?

I definatly think Top Thrill Dragster. It took me two hours to get on, and it lasted no more then 20 seconds. I was atleast expecting an extremly thrilling 20 seconds, but other then the fast and intense launch, the ride had nothing to it.

Alpengeist was probably the biggest letdown I've had on a coaster. It was easily the worst B&M invert that I've been on. For such a huge ride I felt like it should have been so much better.

Wow, worst B&M invert you've been on? I never expected to hear that one... What other B&M Inverts have you been on? Why didn't you like Alpengeist? It's my favorite Invert, and I've been on Raptor at CP.

As for my most overrated coaster... I'm going to have to go with Top Thrill Dragster.

Vampire at Chessington... All the hype over floorless trains... Good idea, but it lost half the fun in my opinion (partly because i got a whipping from a tree... Party because they got rid of the bat themed trains and lost the theming on and in the tunnel after the really cool dive...)

Volcano. People said it was the best ride anywhere. I didn't think that after a while. First part is good but the rest is a thumbs down.

Hypersonic. See above.

S:ROS (SFA). Great coaster but its the only coaster every one at SFA have to go to. But then again theres not much of a choice if you like a coaster with height.

Well, TTD was kinda disappointing.

It didn't deserve half the hype it got.

Its way too short, and I wouldn't exactly drive cross country to ride it, which is nearly the case since the line was five to six hours when I went.

psh

X,

There is still a ton of hype surrounding it in the general public, and yeah, ok, its the first ever 4d. Please, its a short ride and was the iceberg that sunk Arrow.

I love most Arrows, but thats just me.

Overall, Space Mountain Re-Deux at DL

Rode it Senior Grad Night and waited 3 hours, with anticipation that it was going to be a great update. phsh

Thanks Space Mountain for craping on my Grad Night.

At least I got to dance, thats all that matters